PLAYER Fletcher Baker

I agree with most of what you said, but calling Baker a budget Carrigan seems like a bit of an insult to Patty haha.
Moreso that their effort players that do the small things that go a long way. At least that's what I saw of him at the Roosters, we only saw a glimpse of it against the Bunnies.

If he was a carbon copy he'd have the leadership qualities as well.

Moreso that their effort players that do the small things that go a long way. At least that's what I saw of him at the Roosters, we only saw a glimpse of it against the Bunnies.

If he was a carbon copy he'd have the leadership qualities as well.
Qcup Carrigan you mean lol.

which is where he belongs.

a rather uninspiring signing when I first heard it happen as he blended in with the Butchers at the Roosters but was nowhere near as prominent

Figured he’d be a squaddie and maybe play some around origin. Definitely not in the first month with everyone fit

I feel like the loss of Palasia has gone a little unnoticed because of some other higher profile players that have also moved on. The quality of our current fringe forwards are weaker than last year, and they are struggling to replace our top forwards.
Trust me brother Palasia hasn't gone unnoticed, he was our clear bench ballplayer lock option, in the back half of last year it was arguable he was better than Patty at it, he got some long balls out hitting the line that created tries that shouldn't be possible.

The thing was he showed all this ability well after he signed for Titans, would have been a different story had it came the year before.

Imo he was comparable to Hopgood in the back half of last year.

had he shown some of that Ability in 2022, we would of resigned him 100%, but he was a completely different player in 2023.

Trust me brother Palasia hasn't gone unnoticed, he was our clear bench ballplayer lock option, in the back half of last year it was arguable he was better than Patty at it, he got some long balls out hitting the line that created tries that shouldn't be possible.

The thing was he showed all this ability well after he signed for Titans, would have been a different story had it came the year before.

Imo he was comparable to Hopgood in the back half of last year.

had he shown some of that Ability in 2022, we would of resigned him 100%, but he was a completely different player in 2023.
Can we get him back somehow haha? He is stuck on the bench for the Titans.

Can we get him back somehow haha? He is stuck on the bench for the Titans.
no, unfortunately, even though they are stupid for not playing him at starting lock which is clearly where he should be for those dud *****.

I feel like the loss of Palasia has gone a little unnoticed because of some other higher profile players that have also moved on. The quality of our current fringe forwards are weaker than last year, and they are struggling to replace our top forwards.
To be fair, we did have some really good sets from the forwards against the Panthers (mainly Jenson, Hethington, Willison and Carrigan). We weren't trapped in our 30 as much as teams usually are by them.

To be fair, we did have some really good sets from the forwards against the Panthers (mainly Jenson, Hethington, Willison and Carrigan). We weren't trapped in our 30 as much as teams usually are by them.

Agreed. We made a lot of metres and if we had our two best spine players capitalising on that, the game would have been very different.

Hopefully Brisbane can find 17 NRL players, they look a bit short.
And to think Sailor and Oates could've also been out the door... management of the depth has been pretty terrible by the R&R coming into this year.

Our cap must be a mess, but we're not even paying Mam, Walsh, etc. the big money yet and it must still be in a mess.

Do we have 3 roster spots still open??

How are we intending to fill them with no money 🤔🤔

I fail to see why Baker is being thrown so much shade when the glaring problem in the pack is Taupau. He played 27 minutes last night. Not good enough for an experienced leader when you need them the most. The club has been caught already twice this year with having not a versatile bench like we had last year. Kevs got a big decision to make, he either needs to teach one of the dummy halves how to play in the backs or run someone like Sailor as the 14th man to cover for these injuries.

I fail to see why Baker is being thrown so much shade when the glaring problem in the pack is Taupau. He played 27 minutes last night. Not good enough for an experienced leader when you need them the most. The club has been caught already twice this year with having not a versatile bench like we had last year. Kevs got a big decision to make, he either needs to teach one of the dummy halves how to play in the backs or run someone like Sailor as the 14th man to cover for these injuries.

You aren't wrong, the whole bench has been problematic to start the year. At least Kobe finally stepped up last night. Well actually Smoothy has been solid too but obviously it is both Baker and Taupau now.

Willison playing so well helps with one of them and honestly, TPJ actually plugs in for the other eventually. Regardless, Taupau should be out next week anyway and Baker gets a shot at redemption.

Even without TPJ, this really needs to be out bench moving forward:

15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Oates

Hetherington is more than capable of playing the role Palasia did last year. Willison got some big minutes last night too and handled it.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • mrslong
  • BroncosMan
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • Kev_Guz
  • Manifesto
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.