2025 Coaching Staff

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
With several assistant coaches moving on at the end of the season, who does BHQ think we should / will target to back Kevvie up for the 2025, season.

Lee Briers ..... GONE
John Cartwright ..... GONE
Matt Ballin ..... TARGETED BY RIVALS (reportedly)

I'm really surprised we didn't activate the option in Lee Briers contract, as I thought he has been extremely good for us. I'd certainly be interested to know who's call that was

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
With several assistant coaches moving on at the end of the season, who does BHQ think we should / will target to back Kevvie up for the 2025, season.

Lee Briers ..... GONE
John Cartwright ..... GONE
Matt Ballin ..... TARGETED BY RIVALS (reportedly)

I'm really surprised we didn't activate the option in Lee Briers contract, as I thought he has been extremely good for us. I'd certainly be interested to know who's call that was
I'm wondering if reynolds will be taking a more active role in coaching next year to make the transition to retirement a bit smoother? Only thing I can think of really.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
who does BHQ think we should / will target to back Kevvie up for the 2025, season.
me personally...
Good Luck Charlie Reaction GIF

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
If they bring in a bunch of old boys I won't expect too much in 25.

I know KHunt is coaching in Cup, Hodges has aspirations, Boyd's already around the team, Teo is coaching Dolphins Q cup team.

Might become a bit of an echo chamber.

Brad Thorns probably not too busy either.

Take Penriths strength and conditioning guy.

Whoever's the best defence coach and attack.

Teo would probably be ok, phins are doing pretty well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If they bring in a bunch of old boys I won't expect too much in 25.

I know KHunt is coaching in Cup, Hodges has aspirations, Boyd's already around the team, Teo is coaching Dolphins Q cup team.

Might become a bit of an echo chamber.

Brad Thorns probably not too busy either.

Take Penriths strength and conditioning guy.

Whoever's the best defence coach and attack.

Teo would probably be ok, phins are doing pretty well.
This is the answer

The Broncos need to find the best of the best and can't keep falling back onto the old boys to get the players 'motivated'.

The thing about finding them is most likely about having the contacts within NRL to know who's on the up... I'm hoping DD has those contacts and it wasn't just Ponissi and Bellamy being able to spot them / aspiring assistants seeking them out to learn.

Look at the fucking playing roster... who wouldn't want to be the attacking coach with Walsh and Mam, and a forward pack containing Haas, Patty and Piakura.

I think Reynolds moves into a 'halves' type coaching role after he retires (like how Darius is the backs coach)... unless he wants to become a full time assistant coach straight away

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Throw the money hat at everything Penrith and Melbourne. Also wtf is Kearney up to these days?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not surprised Briers is not being retained. Is our attack really that good? So many tries are opportunistic and then we have the high skill set of our players.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Our attack was fantastic last year. I don't know that it's evolved or team have it figured out.

Execution is too terrible to find out anyway, can't do shit with dropped ball.

Likely that nothing has changed and have rested on laurels of ‘chuck it around’ attack, which looks amazing when it sticks.

Probably shocked a few teams last year and with momentum such a big factor, now they know they just have to wait out for the errors

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It was inevitable that Briers would go.

Opposition teams figure you out, they find a way to defend against you and things get stale. You need to constantly change things up. That’s what all the top teams do.

Brentnall has been at the Storm since 2013 and Bellamy 2012 and Hopkins has been at Penrith since 2010.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Brentnall has been at the Storm since 2013 and Bellamy 2012 and Hopkins has been at Penrith since 2010.
Was about to say. The good teams change coaches very little. They build a system that allows for the attack to be simple.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Throw the money hat at everything Penrith and Melbourne. Also wtf is Kearney up to these days?
Agree. DD should be taking off the keys from Kev to get coaching support staff.
With background @ Storm DD would know what kind of staff is needed to build a solid club.

Yup, Kearney’s the first guy I think of. He did a fine job during our 2015 run & would do great with our current squad.
Perhaps Hodges too would be interested.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Old Mate
  • Lazza
  • Astro
  • Jedhead
  • Spooky1013
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • dasherhalo
  • TimWhatley
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.