2025 Pre-season discussion. Alas poor Kevvie.

1 week under Madge’s regime and even Dave wants out. Madge probably gave all the office staff fitness KPIs

I think this is where the length of the contract becomes important. A contract should either be long or high value, it shouldn't be both unless you are an absolute guarantee and I would say that's basically only Patty, Reece and Haas at the moment.

A long contract provides the player with security and provides the club value for money, assuming they've taken a paycut to get a longer deal.

A high value contract can align with a player's worth and demands from the manager, but if it's short then it still gives the club flexibility in roster and if the player doesn't live up to the contract at least you aren't weighed down by it for a long period of time.

A shorter contract for a younger player also means the player has flexibility... if they're killing it then they get the opportunity to increase that contract.

Recent ones of interest would be Ezra's contract vs Sam Walker's contract.

From reports Walker wanted big money, but he's also a young long term halfback for rorters who would probably want to lock him down for a long time... However they didn't flinch and over pay Sam, instead they are giving him his money, but only on a 2yr extension.

If Sam continues to improve that 2yr contract will look like great value, but it also means he becomes less and less of a risk... so rorters can look to upgrade that contract to the long term deal that they want and all parties are happy.

For us Ezra had a break out year last year and our R&R has gone straight to a long term deal worth big money... suddenly Ezra isn't looking as good and there's already question marks on the deal even though he hasn't even started it yet.

It's weak from R&R to basically give in to the manager's demands instantly when the player is not yet proven.

Ezra definitely deserved an upgrade, but he's had one good year and he has yet to completely run the show... upgrade and extend, but only extend for 2yr or so and then re-evaluate as he develops.

Hopefully we approach Willison in a similar style to rorters with Sam and not just handing out yet another high value long term contract.
Please apply for a position in our R & R team. This is exactly the kind of thinking we need at the club

I think this is where the length of the contract becomes important. A contract should either be long or high value, it shouldn't be both unless you are an absolute guarantee and I would say that's basically only Patty, Reece and Haas at the moment.

A long contract provides the player with security and provides the club value for money, assuming they've taken a paycut to get a longer deal.

A high value contract can align with a player's worth and demands from the manager, but if it's short then it still gives the club flexibility in roster and if the player doesn't live up to the contract at least you aren't weighed down by it for a long period of time.

A shorter contract for a younger player also means the player has flexibility... if they're killing it then they get the opportunity to increase that contract.

Recent ones of interest would be Ezra's contract vs Sam Walker's contract.

From reports Walker wanted big money, but he's also a young long term halfback for rorters who would probably want to lock him down for a long time... However they didn't flinch and over pay Sam, instead they are giving him his money, but only on a 2yr extension.

If Sam continues to improve that 2yr contract will look like great value, but it also means he becomes less and less of a risk... so rorters can look to upgrade that contract to the long term deal that they want and all parties are happy.

For us Ezra had a break out year last year and our R&R has gone straight to a long term deal worth big money... suddenly Ezra isn't looking as good and there's already question marks on the deal even though he hasn't even started it yet.

It's weak from R&R to basically give in to the manager's demands instantly when the player is not yet proven.

Ezra definitely deserved an upgrade, but he's had one good year and he has yet to completely run the show... upgrade and extend, but only extend for 2yr or so and then re-evaluate as he develops.

Hopefully we approach Willison in a similar style to rorters with Sam and not just handing out yet another high value long term contract.

Yep. Be like Panthers and Storm and be prepared to say goodbye to players who go to loser clubs like Dragons and Titans for massive overs.

Or be like the Storm, and offer players a guaranteed ROI of millions for investing in your sports gambing company. To quote Matt "The cheat" Tripp... at "arms length". Biggest joke in the sport that never gets talked about. Storm have never stopped cheating.

Or be like the Storm, and offer players a guaranteed ROI of millions for investing in your sports gambing company. To quote Matt "The cheat" Tripp... at "arms length". Biggest joke in the sport that never gets talked about. Storm have never stopped cheating.

Just like how they fit Stefano into their cap without losing or moving anyone else on lol. It's such a joke.

Meanwhile media are obsessed with writing articles and talking about how we are going to fit both cobbo and staggs under the cap lol. Not a peep about storm of course.

Cobbo will have to have an incredible season to get the club into thinking he's the one they should be re-signing and not Staggs.

Just like how they fit Stefano into their cap without losing or moving anyone else on lol. It's such a joke.

Meanwhile media are obsessed with writing articles and talking about how we are going to fit both cobbo and staggs under the cap lol. Not a peep about storm of course.

But they lost Dean Ieremia so all checks out.

Cobbo will have to have an incredible season to get the club into thinking he's the one they should be re-signing and not Staggs.
Which he has the potential to do, Cobbo was doing great earlier in the season, when he played fullback against Manly looked like a beast. Both at their best I want Cobbo but Staggs has become a bit of a leader in the group now and doesn't have the off-field shit so it makes it a hard decision

Which he has the potential to do, Cobbo was doing great earlier in the season, when he played fullback against Manly looked like a beast. Both at their best I want Cobbo but Staggs has become a bit of a leader in the group now and doesn't have the off-field shit so it makes it a hard decision
I want to keep both and if they dont go chasing money then that shouldn't be an issue.

It's in the hands of the R&R to see where their priorities land though... if they want cash then see ya... I'm hoping they both dont want cash though

I want to keep both and if they dont go chasing money then that shouldn't be an issue.

It's in the hands of the R&R to see where their priorities land though... if they want cash then see ya... I'm hoping they both dont want cash though
Hypothetically to keep both of them how much would you be paying them each?

Hypothetically to keep both of them how much would you be paying them each?

On current form, no more than 600k for Staggs, and about 500k for Cobbo because he can cover Fullback.

You could dredge up some toiler centre from QCup for a burger and coke that could do exactly what Cobbo has been doing on field recently.

On current form, no more than 600k for Staggs, and about 500k for Cobbo because he can cover Fullback.

You could dredge up some toiler centre from QCup for a burger and coke that could do exactly what Cobbo has been doing on field recently.
1.1 mil in the centres, not saying its a bad thing just pointing it out. Other clubs could be paying a centre 800K and the other centre 400K (1.2 mil). I guess we don't really need to spend big on our hooker and half over the next few years if our plan is to persist with Black & Mozer. Interesting R&R decisions ahead...

He was in the Australian team last year and Origin this year .
Short memory ?
Also came 2nd in the club`s best and fairest .

I doubt
some toiler centre from QCup
Is gonna hit those heights ...

He was in the Australian team last year and Origin this year .
Short memory ?
Also came 2nd in the club`s best and fairest .

I doubt

Is gonna hit those heights ...
Imagine what Cobbo can do if he actually likes the coach aha

1.1 mil in the centres, not saying its a bad thing just pointing it out. Other clubs could be paying a centre 800K and the other centre 400K (1.2 mil). I guess we don't really need to spend big on our hooker and half over the next few years if our plan is to persist with Black & Mozer. Interesting R&R decisions ahead...
What are Penrith and the Storm spending on their centres?
It’s no coincidence they are the two best teams

What are Penrith and the Storm spending on their centres?
It’s no coincidence they are the two best teams
I get that it’s preferable to put money into the spine, and I’d love to do that if we could spend it on Hughes, Mitch Moses, Grant etc.

But we aren’t in that position right now, why should we drop money on Mozer & Black just for the sake of it because they are spine players.

The only realistic option I’d spend big money on is Mitch Moses.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • cento
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.