2025 Pre-season discussion. Alas poor Kevvie.

I get that it’s preferable to put money into the spine, and I’d love to do that if we could spend it on Hughes, Mitch Moses, Grant etc.

But we aren’t in that position right now, why should we drop money on Mozer & Black just for the sake of it because they are spine players.

The only realistic option I’d spend big money on is Mitch Moses.
Reality is every position is important, but some are more crucial. You would be better off asking: where can we save money?

Kevvie's masterstroke was bringing in his son on 240k, less than Cory Paix on 320k. Should the bloke who handles the ball most, controls the speed of play and potentially makes the most tackles be the best place to save money? Maybe. Or would you get better value from a veteran or rookie in the same role? The same applies to 14.

Prop is the most obvious place you shouldn't overspend, unless that player brings game winning muscle. Does Payne do that? Despite winning 5 Paul Morgan medals, many argue he still doesn't bring enough beast.

The sensible mix has a few veterans playing for peanuts, who can bring experience and smarts, but who you don't rely on for stamina. Then you need some Cup hardened rookies, who are a couple of years off being paid their potential.

And then you need your marquees, who you need to turn every game.

On that count, we haven't been getting sufficient value from Mam, Riki, Cobbo, and unfortunately, Reynolds. Rather than offload them, all these players are capable of more. If we get their potential we're in good shape.

Reality is every position is important, but some are more crucial. You would be better off asking: where can we save money?

Kevvie's masterstroke was bringing in his son on 240k, less than Cory Paix on 320k. Should the bloke who handles the ball most, controls the speed of play and potentially makes the most tackles the best place to save money? Maybe. Or would you get better value from a veteran or rookie in the same role? The same applies to 14.

Prop is the most obvious place you shouldn't overspend, unless that player brings game winning muscle. Does Payne do that? Despite winning 5 Paul Morgan medals, many argue he still doesn't bring enough beast.

The sensible mix has a few veterans playing for peanuts, who can bring experience and smarts, but who you don't rely on for stamina. Then you need some Cup hardened rookies, who are a couple of years off being paid their potential.

And then you need your marquees, who you need to turn every game.

On that count, we haven't been getting sufficient value from Mam, Riki, Cobbo, and unfortunately, Reynolds. Rather than offload them, all these players are capable of more. If we get their potential we're in good shape.
Who would you go after?

I personally wouldn’t mind letting go of Payne and going after Mitch Moses

Not in any of their premiership winning seasons he wasn’t

This season doesn't count? You don't think when they extended him they would have bought a fair bit of that forward? Penrith are pretty smart, unlikely they would make such a mistake.

I would like to pay Payne 300k less. Which isn't going to happen.

I`d add a cpl more KPI`s for the same money .

Score at least 2 tries in a season .
1st sign of stand overs by the opposition - go full JWH . LOL .

Someone seems to be on the front foot with getting some press onside. SEN has. Been full team Madge apart from since the first day meltdowns
Sydney media is all aboard as well, because one of their boys is in the job.

Petey B will follow whatever Sydney HQ wants him to do

Unless some of these players kill it in the pre-season, I dunno about this list lol

Ill give you a tip, don't pick the Storm home game. We had our home win last year, so the next one will be due on 2045.
I did originally chose the storm for this year @mitch222 but something told me not go. My gut feeling was like don't go

Active Now

• Dash
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • cento
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.