Fullback
Cobbo, Walsh, Arthars,

Centre
Staggs, Mariner, Arthars, Cobbo, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Arthars, Leota, Hoeter

ETHNO MAP

QLD
Ben Te Kura, Billy Walters, Blake Mozer, Brendan Piakura, Coby Black, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Israel Leota, Jack Gosiewski, Jaiyden Hunt, Josh Rogers, Kobe Hetherington, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyson Smoothy

NZ
Deine Mariner, Brendan Piakura, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Xavier Willison, Marty Taupau

NSW
Adam Reynolds, Fletcher Baker, Jock Madden, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas

Indigenous
Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga
Kotoni Staggs, Delouise Hoeter,

Samoa
Jesse Arthars, Payne Haas, Marty Taupau

Cook Islands
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

Maybe Paix knew that Kevvie wouldn't last at the club and all he had to do was dig his heels in.

I never did understand his dropping. Was Smoothy performing better than him? I don't think so. I think they were about the same, to be honest. Neither of them were anything special. Kev's wording around his dropping was confusing, as well.

I think there is still a future for him at the club.

I remember there was a report of an argument with Kevvie at training .
Then Paix was never seen again .

This year he wins Qcup hooker of the year this year , But couldn`t even make the bench at the Broncos .
I`d be interested to near the back story .

I think you are right there with making Kobe a second rower... he runs a great line and also cuts blokes in half so could be an intimidator on the edge to protect the halves.

One thing Madge did in origin was work quick ptbs down the edges and then utilised his backrowers on the short sides in yardage and just work over the centres and halves.

Kobe's game is set up for running off the back of quick ptb's and getting behind the ruck... and he'll be running at smaller bodies out on an edge as well.

He needs to increase his game and being an edge that can play middle would be perfect for our 17 jersey.

Doesn`t make dominant tackles .
The fast play the balls will be by the opposition .

Think Jordan Riki defence , then compare Kobe .

If he re-signs Oates his available Top 30 spots shrinks further.

I'd say he would need to be able to release someone before deciding to re-sign Oates... unless he thinks he can turn him into a second rower.
The time for converting Oates has well and truly past. He is 30. He should have transitioned 2-3 years ago if he was serious about making the move. The transition would take at least 12-18 months in Q Cup to show results and he has already shown his hand that he has no desire to play Q cup consistently. Its time to move on from him because at the end of the day all you would be signing is Corey Oates - winger who is already way to slow to play in the outside backs these days and his metres used to hide this deficiency but it doesn't now not with the current backline we have. For the minimum wage you could sign him on you can get a much younger player into the squad with a lot more potential.

I remember there was a report of an argument with Kevvie at training .
Then Paix was never seen again .

This year he wins Qcup hooker of the year this year , But couldn`t even make the bench at the Broncos .
I`d be interested to near the back story .
Yeah the whole situation is very odd. What makes it even more interesting is that he never asked for a release either. Regardless, looking forward to seeing some competition between all our hookers. Not just auto-default the same shit each week in and out regardless of performance.

Will be very intersting to see what Madge does with Reyno and Madden. Madge gave Jock his first grade debut in 2021 at the Tigers, whilst we all know he also gave Reyno his debut back at Souths.

A quote from Madge regarding Madden back in 2022 at Leichhardt - “I really enjoy coaching Jock, he’s doing a really good job for us so I’m sure all that contract talk will sort itself out. I definitely want to keep him, he’s a good player. He’s the style of player that I like, he’s very thorough in his game.”

Could very well see a transition from Reyno to Madden having more responsibility next year. If Adam can't stay on the field for more than a few games at a time, don't be surprised if Madge puts his trust in Jock to have an extended time steering the ship. He doesn't need to be a superstar, just sure and steady and let Walsh, Mam and co handle the flashy stuff.

If Madge can get more out of Jock it only benefits us. Stops us needing to go to market for a 7 while waiting on Black if we are going that route.

If you can get Ezra and Walsh firing, Jocks role would be simple.

I'm very keen for 2025 to see what happens.

I thought Jock was looking decent until he got injured and then just wasn't the same and then got injured again. I am certainly not giving up on him.

Unfortunately, in the back end of the season, there were just some awful, awful signing extensions in Rogers and Walters.

I would be extending Oates for another year, even if it meant we had to say pay out Rogers to get him off the books or Walters even.

We still have a decent side moving forward if Maguire can nail the preseason. We have more than enough talent as is to bounce back very quickly. I would be very interested to see this:

1. Walsh
2. Trew/Leota/some unexpected metre eater signing
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds / Madden (when Reynolds is inevitably injured) / Black
8. Willison
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Te Kura/Semu
16. Hetherington/Taupau
17. Staggs

Will be very intersting to see what Madge does with Reyno and Madden. Madge gave Jock his first grade debut in 2021 at the Tigers, whilst we all know he also gave Reyno his debut back at Souths.

A quote from Madge regarding Madden back in 2022 at Leichhardt - “I really enjoy coaching Jock, he’s doing a really good job for us so I’m sure all that contract talk will sort itself out. I definitely want to keep him, he’s a good player. He’s the style of player that I like, he’s very thorough in his game.”

Could very well see a transition from Reyno to Madden having more responsibility next year. If Adam can't stay on the field for more than a few games at a time, don't be surprised if Madge puts his trust in Jock to have an extended time steering the ship. He doesn't need to be a superstar, just sure and steady and let Walsh, Mam and co handle the flashy stuff.

He was sure and steady this season .
But according to a lot of folks here he doesn`t kick long enough .
He`s a better defender than Rogers or Ezra though .

I like his play . He did look better in the one game at # 6 with Reyno #7 I must admit .

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Broncosgirl
  • thenry
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Ondi
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Sproj
  • mitch222
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mr Fourex
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.