22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Yeah that’s a head scratcher.
Is it? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t long after Ikin started that Paix was extended until end of 2023. Ostensibly, Paix was who Ikin expected to be playing 9.

I’d start shopping Haas and Staggs immediately thats 1.7mil spare to get a superstar hooker and a good prop
Shop them around and end up paying half their salary for the remainder of their contracts while they carve it up for another team. The Broncos will rid themselves of TPJ and Lodge's contracts at the end of this season (I think). It would be ridiculous to put themselves in that situation again.

If Haas leaves, it'll be on his own accord although I see few teams matching his price tag (if any).

Staggs is a real worry. 0 tries, 0 line breaks, less than a 100 mtrs running avg in the past 8 games. Those are awful stats for a big money strike centre. His dragging then dropping from NSW really did his head in. It's a maturity thing and he'll learn to deal with it. He'll be better for it next year.

Our coach decided that he just didn't want to use him for some reason.

there was a reason ... he got injured, then came back horribly out of form.

in fact, if he hadn't been dropped, and continued his shithouse form, then people would be whinging about Kev refusing to drop an out of form player.

in fact, if he hadn't been dropped, and continued his shithouse form, then people would be whinging about Kev refusing to drop an out of form player.

A guy who was carving up in the last two-three rounds in Q Cup in a horrible team? Not sure how a player like that can't be an improvement on the two guys in the 17. At least Billy competes, so I can give Kevvie that. How that cannot be an improvement on Turpin is beyond me.

What horribly out of form? He was part of the team that beat the eels. He has one Turpin level game - I almost respect your blind contrarian act for all things negative but you aren’t being honest about Paix, and you obviously didn’t see him tear up in his second game back in q cup.

He is clearly the best out and out hooker at the club this season. His defence is far better than Walters and his attack is far better than Turpin’s.

Notable stats: 2022

ScreenScreenshot 2022 09 04 at 18 19 08 Stats
ScreenScreenshot 2022 09 04 at 18 20 17 Stats
ScreenScreenshot 2022 09 04 at 18 18 41 Stats
ScreenScreenshot 2022 09 04 at 18 20 39 Stats
ScreenScreenshot 2022 09 04 at 18 20 55 Stats

Im surprised by the errors for Oates, I didn’t notice as many this year.
Many of Oates errors were him sticking out his big mit inside our 20 and knocking down the final pass of the over lap. He had like 3 against the eels last week. Majority of his errors were actually positive plays - not so much for the fellas on the other side of the field.

Well if you are going to nail the errors chart, do it properly!

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • simplythebest
  • MrRobot
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • Rambstien
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Kev_Guz
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.