22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Losing herbie to keep Staggs should not be an option.

we won't lose Herbie to keep Staggs ... if we lose Herbie, it will be because the The offered him fullback money and that position

We finished the year much the same way we started in the trials, the middle part of the season was probably the anomaly. I can’t see Kevvie making the changes to his assistants, if he even admitted there were issues.
If Kev’s adamant in being a dumb twat and doesn’t swap his assistants for better ones, I don’t honestly see him hanging around beyond R-5 next season. He needs better assistants for his own sake.

If Kev’s adamant in being a dumb twat and doesn’t swap his assistants for better ones, I don’t honestly see him hanging around beyond R-5 next season. He needs better assistants for his own sake.
Then the appointment of his assistants should be taken out of his hands. I would like to see James Graham as defence coach and it seems like Briers will be the attacking coach.

I think people on here will have a very different perspective on the season in a couple months time. The pain of our form and performances the last month mean it is very hard to look at the season without strong recency bias and be objective, but if 13 wins with a 7 game win streak thrown in was offered to you at the start of this season, or better yet for season 22 at the end of 2020, you are completely bullshitting if you say you wouldn't have taken that option...
The Cowboys are an anomaly, not a comparison. Even the staunchest cowboys fan I know conceded they've had a lot of "bounces" of the ball with their draw and refereeing decisions. Of course they have done extremely well though, and they are an example for us that defence, defence, defence is the most important thing. **** penalties and 6 agains, we get raped by it (which we will) then let them send off our entire team.

Also the “space” he left Cobbo resulted in either the ball or Cobbo going over the sideline (usually early in the tackle count).

I said similar several times about Kotoni`s ability to set up the winger .
He has much to learn .

The same was said last season, DD kept saying he would provide Kevvie with all the support he needs to be successful, he didn’t take the hint.

The same was said last season, DD kept saying he would provide Kevvie with all the support he needs to be successful, he didn’t take the hint.
It shouldn't be a hint though, they're his boss. Tell him what needs to be done. There needs to be serious change in the off season, whether that's in our top 30, coaching staff, or both.

I think people on here will have a very different perspective on the season in a couple months time. The pain of our form and performances the last month mean it is very hard to look at the season without strong recency bias and be objective, but if 13 wins with a 7 game win streak thrown in was offered to you at the start of this season, or better yet for season 22 at the end of 2020, you are completely bullshitting if you say you wouldn't have taken that option...
The Cowboys are an anomaly, not a comparison. Even the staunchest cowboys fan I know conceded they've had a lot of "bounces" of the ball with their draw and refereeing decisions. Of course they have done extremely well though, and they are an example for us that defence, defence, defence is the most important thing. **** penalties and 6 agains, we get raped by it (which we will) then let them send off our entire team.
Prediction: by February we'll be talking about them training down the house.

It shouldn't be a hint though, they're his boss. Tell him what needs to be done. There needs to be serious change in the off season, whether that's in our top 30, coaching staff, or both.
I will take the above thanks!

Prediction: by February we'll be talking about them training down the house.
Not the same old boring shit again please! I can’t be amused anymore & in-fact, I am sick of it.

One thing we should definitely do in the off season is find and fire all the sooks in the team.

First intelligent thing I've ever heard this bloke say...

Yup, exactly what us miserable diehards expects DD & Ikin to act upon come Monday morning.

My guess is - they’ve already started this in the background and remove the toxic players and underperforming/not capable assistants in days time. Man, I want to be 1000% right here!
i want GIF

I might be all alone here, but I don’t think that much has to be done. Obviously 9 is a big hole for us to fill, but with no candidates standing out I don’t think it is anything that will be rectified before we kick off in March next season. We showed this season that we can match it with top 8 teams, but still have a long way to go to truly challenge the Roosters, Storm, Panthers & Eels. We need to give Kevvie a chance to see if he has learned anything and can get the team firing at the back end of the season. Give these players finals experience next season and truly challenge 2024.

I might be all alone here, but I don’t think that much has to be done. Obviously 9 is a big hole for us to fill, but with no candidates standing out I don’t think it is anything that will be rectified before we kick off in March next season. We showed this season that we can match it with top 8 teams, but still have a long way to go to truly challenge the Roosters, Storm, Panthers & Eels. We need to give Kevvie a chance to see if he has learned anything and can get the team firing at the back end of the season. Give these players finals experience next season and truly challenge 2024.
Agree, but not with the same Kev’s assistants though. They along with the defense coach needs to be shown the door long ago.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.