22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Cobbo is definitely going and I'm not saying he deserves to, what I am saying is that the hype train on him and Suaali is through the roof and that is really what gets you into these sides often.

I'm really hoping for the offseason that we don't have too many players on a plane to UK for the World Cup.... they need a proper rest and a full offseason to get over injuries, get fitter, work on getting the squad back on the same page and buying back into what Kevvie had them believing earlier this season.

IMO Carrigan is probably the only player (on-form) who deserves to go. Will Haas make Mal's squad? I imagine that Stagg's and Tesi will play for Tonga? Will Herbie fit enough to play for England? Any other bolters?
Depends how big the squads are.
Carrigan, Haas and Oates for Australia. Carrigan the only certain starter. Hard to justify picking Cobbo on one satisfactory Origin game and patchy form ever since. But he's a crowd pleaser.
Herbie is a cert for England.
Staggs and Tesi for Tonga.
The rest is a lucky dip.

Depends how big the squads are.
Carrigan, Haas and Oates for Australia. Carrigan the only certain starter. Hard to justify picking Cobbo on one satisfactory Origin game and patchy form ever since. But he's a crowd pleaser.
Herbie is a cert for England.
Staggs and Tesi for Tonga.
The rest is a lucky dip.
Palasia might make the extended Samoa squad, Willison and Piakura will be starters for Cook Islands, TC Robati will too if he chooses to play for them.

Yep, I'd say all of these are going:

Piakura
Robati
Willison
Oates
Carrigan
Farnworth
Staggs
Haas
Palasia
Niu
Riki
Martin
Cobbo

The squads will be fairly big you'd imagine and this certainly isn't to say these guys deserve it either.

Yep, I'd say all of these are going:

Piakura
Robati
Willison
Oates
Carrigan
Farnworth
Staggs
Haas
Palasia
Niu
Riki
Martin
Cobbo

The squads will be fairly big you'd imagine and this certainly isn't to say these guys deserve it either.
be good experience for them none the less but yeah just hope for no injuries

Interesting Walsh was already talking about having to fight Tesi for the #1 jersey .
He said he is a year younger than Tesi and watched plenty of Tesi play growing up .

Competition for spots is a good thing IMO .

do you think there is money to spend or not?
Plenty.

No club in Sydney is prepared to pay for Haas - so we could be stuck with him. I also worry he had an impact on the team beyond what we see on field.

IMO Kev doesn't have the man management to get the team to a grand final. Seat warming can only last for so long before it has a detrimental effect on a squad.

The issue lies in no hooker, coach not up to it and players in the squad that don't want/shouldn't be there. On the outside before a season you would say its a ticking time bomb.....well thats exactly what happened post origin/Eels game.

DD/Ikin have some work to do.

They didnt go out and get Walsh to play him in Q Cup

I think Walsh is all but a lock, probably 99% guaranteed to be the starting fullback come round one next year, but you just never know with Kev.

This is the guy, after all, who picked Jake Turpin repeatedly even though no one else in the rugby league world had any interest in signing him...

True but unlike Cobbo I think Suaalii genuinely deserves it.
What are you basing that on though?

Suaalii is a beast but Selwyn has consistently done freakish shit all year and has created many of his own opportunities unlike Suaalii. Only thing you could comfortably say Joseph is better is being safer under the high ball and he's better at hitups coming out of his own half due to his size, other then that i'm not sure what grants him being more deserving then Cobbo.

Cobbo has had 333 touches - 15 tries, 17 linebreaks, 98 tackle breaks and averages 131m a game with a tackle efficiency of 78 percent.

Suaalii has had 384 touches - 15 tries, 14 linebreaks, 62 tackle breaks and averages 135m a game with a tackle efficiency of 69 percent

They're even in try scoring ability but Selwyn is the more devastating attacking weapon and that might be favorable.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.