6 Premierships..... 6 Sleeps

Flutterby said:
Yep Dukey (and Jeb) are right - was the WC final.

So is it the Aussie selectors that do the Clive Churchill as well?

Yes, it's the Aussie selectors.

ok 97 GF i presume.....

pennywisealfie said:
ok 97 GF i presume.....

The first one I was at. My god, it bucketed down just about the entire game!

Renouf's 3 tries...but the memory that endures with me is Peter Ryan smashing the shit out of David Peachey after he caught a bomb, the ball goes loose, Broncos turn it wide, Renouf scores. Game over.

The first title I was of legal drinking age for...I just remember making the most of that fact!!

its such a huge injustice that the 97 side always gets discounted just because it was unfortunate to play in a devided competition. one of the best teams of all time imo

pennywisealfie said:
its such a huge injustice that the 97 side always gets discounted just because it was unfortunate to play in a devided competition. one of the best teams of all time imo

Agreed, and they backed it up in 1998.

I think the biggest injustice is that people rate the ARL 1997 grand final as a classic and thus somehow give the Knights' asterisk premiership more credence than the Broncos' one.

As far as I'm concerned you either count both as premierships, or discredit both. Can't treat one as more "real" than the other.

Yeah but it's the way it always goes isn't it? I mean, look at World Series Cricket - the "Supertests" played in that era were played at a higher level with far superior players than the ACB-approved regular tests yet the records from them were never recognised and the results are now meaningless

pennywisealfie said:
ok 97 GF i presume.....
superleague19971.jpg

Won tickets to this game back in Yr7 it was bloody awesome and the first game we went to as a family. Before this one it was normally just me and my dad.

Only 2 more sleeps to go and we still have 3 Premierships so I think we should do a double header!!!

Broncos 38 Bulldogs 12

Quite simply the best Broncos team on paper in our history. Look at this team!!!
1. Lockyer
2. De Vere
3. Renouf
4. Smith
5. Sailor
6. Walters
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Lee
10. Gee
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Carroll
-------------------
14. Hancock
15. Plath
16. Campion
17. Civoniceva

That second half was awesome!! Amazing to think that our two best halves of football (IMO) came against the Bulldogs :mrgreen:

Broncos 14 Roosters 6

1998 was a great team, but 2000 is not too far behind!!
1. Lockyer
2. Tuqiri
3. Carroll
4. De Vere
5. Sailor
6. Ikin (later turned crap but he was awesome in 2000)
7. Walters
8. Webcke
9. Priddis
10. Carlaw
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Campion
-------------------
14. Berrigan
15. Harrison
16. Hancock
17. Howard

A fitting finale for Kevin Walters (well at the time anyway).

Ive been watching these every day with my boy Its bloody awesome and Number 7 is comming.

1998 IS the premier team in the history of the sport imo. Noone came close to stopping us that year.

pennywisealfie said:
1998 IS the premier team in the history of the sport imo. Noone came close to stopping us that year.

Whilst I agree that the 1998 team is the best team I have ever seen, I actually think our Premiership in 2000 was a little bit more dominant. In 1998 there was a nervous period of 4 weeks when we narrowly beat some ordinary teams - Cowboys, Warriors and Souths - and then lost to Parramatta in the qualifying final. All of a sudden we went from odds on favourites to facing sudden death. Of course it ended beautifully and our smallest win in our last 3 games was 24 points.

In 2000 it was never ever in doubt IMO. We won 10 of our last 11 games with the only hiccup coming against the Roosters, but despite losing 28-0 we actually played OK in that game.

So yes whilst the 1998 side would beat the 2000 side in a game of Rugby League, 2000 was never ever ever in doubt IMO.

I thought the 92 team set the bar...that year we bashed them all season long then won the important matches until the victory lap was complete. A game I attended and enjoyed immensely. I can't see us winning another for a while, we just don't seem to be a team that is feared. All we get is respect and that's enough for most but another higher level of performance is required and I think we lack a couple of hard cases...still I wish the mighty Broncs the best this year....for me 92 was our sweetest victory

2006 was easily my fave victory. I still watch that game all the time. Berrigan carved.

Yep 2006 shows that these days its not so much about needing the teams to fear you.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • BruiserMk1
  • Wild Horse
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.