RANT A bullet dodged

Likely but it would probably result in not getting Kevvie in at the right time, with hindsight the fail that was Seibold was probably a good thing even though it isn't good to have a spoon to our record something we should never have ever.

That spray by Kevvies Mrs was worth the price of admission .
Kevin and Narelle Walters from Twitter

The wife of Brisbane legend Kevin Walters has slammed the Broncos as a “pack of c***s”, alleging they ripped off her husband’s idea after snubbing him for the head coaching role.

According to the Courier Mail, Walters presented a document titled “Better Never Stops” during the interview process and Mrs Walters is furious after seeing those same words on banners and buses across Brisbane as the season edges closer.

“Driving around the city today, I noticed the Broncos have launched their 2019 marketing campaign. The exact theme Kevin presented in his ‘interview,’” Mrs Walters said on a private social media account.

“What’s the collective term for a group of horses/broncos? A team? More like a pack of C *nts .

I truly would have liked to see him succeed. I think anyone other than Walters was going to get crucified though.

For a while there it also looked like Walters was keeping the seat warm, but then DD put proper structures in place to actually support the coach.

To the point that Ikin was left in the cold when his views contradicted that of the coach.

I like the club has put in a, we will help you all the way, but you take the role, you accept the accountability.

Even his contract is a one of a kind.

I've said before, I don't hate pies as much as everyone else. I like that he is studious. I like that he tried to play a very intricate and smart game, he just did it wrong and couldn't come back from it.

It did expose a lot of issues at the club and it got us a better administrative team.

Pies was set up to fail.
Yeah, fair enough, he might argue that the players he had access to were not suited to the style of play he wanted to introduce.

However, at Manly he has DCE the QLD origin halfback, and 2 very intelligent players in the Trbojevic brothers and Garrick. If he can't make it work there, then maybe it's not the players.

So far, based on the pudding, Manly are at the wrong end of the ladder and making stupid decisions like paying 800k/season to Schuster for 4 years after already dropping him to reserve grade once.

Studious != Smart regardless of what your Harvard certificate of attendance says.

Yeah, fair enough, he might argue that the players he had access to were not suited to the style of play he wanted to introduce.

However, at Manly he has DCE the QLD origin halfback, and 2 very intelligent players in the Trbojevic brothers and Garrick. If he can't make it work there, then maybe it's not the players.

So far, based on the pudding, Manly are at the wrong end of the ladder and making stupid decisions like paying 800k/season to Schuster for 4 years after already dropping him to reserve grade once.

Studious != Smart regardless of what your Harvard certificate of attendance says.

That Schuster contract might be the dumbest contract in the history of the NRL.

I truly would have liked to see him succeed. I think anyone other than Walters was going to get crucified though.

For a while there it also looked like Walters was keeping the seat warm, but then DD put proper structures in place to actually support the coach.

To the point that Ikin was left in the cold when his views contradicted that of the coach.

I like the club has put in a, we will help you all the way, but you take the role, you accept the accountability.

Even his contract is a one of a kind.
I'm starting to believe we all underestimated Kevvie as a tactician, just as we all underestimated him as a player (until very late in his career).

In case you missed it, Denan Kemp raved about him after sitting in the box last match:

Milford $1 million dollaridoos? Brooks 1.+ million? Very late career Boyd on a long, big contract? Any Lodge contract in recent years? David Fifita 1.+ million to play comfortable footy?
At least all of those players had runs on the board, all though they are all contenders. Not sure I'd trade any of them for Schuster. Especially around the context of those deals when they were signed (form/competing clubs)

At least Bird actually proved he was a quality player until he got decimated by injury.
And has done **** all since. Now resembles Dave Taylor's current body shape more than his own at his fittest.

I'd say it's a shameful waste of talent and I'd like to see him get back to his best, but **** him and the way he left the club. Should have had to pay back the salary he thieved from us.

Broncos paying Jack Bird

I think maybe I should clarify my statement as worst injury free signing in the history of the NRL. Schuster can stay healthy and I doubt you'll get any where near 800k value.

If Bird has stayed healthy, he was cooking at the time of his ACL. Sharks sold us a dud, and I hope they miss the 8 forever.

I'm starting to believe we all underestimated Kevvie as a tactician, just as we all underestimated him as a player (until very late in his career).

In case you missed it, Denan Kemp raved about him after sitting in the box last match:

You might have underestimated Kev. I’ve done nothing but sing his praises since day one

Milford $1 million dollaridoos? Brooks 1.+ million? Very late career Boyd on a long, big contract? Any Lodge contract in recent years? David Fifita 1.+ million to play comfortable footy?

Milford got his team to a GF .
The rest of them all play 1st grade and a few even play / ed rep football .

Schuster keeps getting dropped to reserves .

Whilst Milford is a hindsight terrible contract. He was very good in 2015 and 2016 when he was upgraded, and also pretty good in 2017 & 2018. Schuster did one good no look pass and got given 800K. Everyone could see AT THE TIME that it was a terrible contract. You can't really compare the two.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosMan
  • Professor47
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Pablo
  • mrslong
  • eggstar10
  • Bish
  • Nerd
  • Mustafur
  • Maddy
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.