NEWS A very special all Anthony Seibold episode

Yeah except he seems to be saying a lot more lately than I can ever remember him any time previously.
Now is probably not the time to be giving long statements to the media.
Sure don’t ignore them but just say we are working hard to turn it around etc.
Stories about road trips as a kid to Mackay etc. to play footy, while they have their place probably aren’t what’s needed now.
I note that successful coaches like Robinson who have the most to boast about don’t feed the media too much.

then i can only assume you were living in a cave during the pre-season when the club was releasing a 10 min video of seibs weekly.

if he didn't talk or gave Bennett style answers to the media during this time, then people would complain saying he is hiding from the fans

Seibold sure loves likening one thing to another and the analogies are becoming tiresome. The only analogy I remember from my playing days was a coach telling us to have our hands up and ready to catch the ball like we were looking for a pair of titties in the dark. Footballers are simple creatures.

The point of what he is saying is simply that if you are not enjoying your footy, you won't play well. The players need to remember why they play; because they love the game.
Siebs is copping plenty of criticism, and rightly so, but I see nothing wrong with what he said here. I agree with it.
At face value, you'd think so. I wonder how much fun Bellamy is as a coach?

Here are a few other sports aphorisms to throw into the mix:

No pain, no gain.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Last edited:
Seibold sure loves likening one thing to another and the analogies are becoming tiresome. The only analogy I remember from my playing days was a coach telling us to have our hands up and ready to catch the ball like we were looking for a pair of titties in the dark. Footballers are simple creatures.

I was just about to make comment about his analogies. He really is a cookie cutter coach, trying to play the old Bellamy style , constantly quoting others to try look intelligent and using analogies. The problem it APPEARS to me he is not his own coach and doesn’t seem to have any original ideas or style .
look at the clubs and coaches succesful last couple of seasons
- Bellamy/storm
-roosters / Robinson
- eels/arthur
- Raiders/sticky
-manly/des

the above teams have own style/identity as do the coaches and I never see them trying to use the shit that Seibold uses

I feel like Seibold is a smart guy. Rugby League isn’t a particularly smart game.

I read his comments like this, and whatever he was saying about rodeos last year, and listen to him talk about footy in statistics and variables. I feel like he really wants to be a Phil Jackson type. Phil brought that triangle offence to the bulls and once the team all bought into the philosophy, they went on to unprecedented success. Whatever Seibold’s version of triangle offence is, the players aren’t buying it. His overly analytical Phil Jackson approach hasn’t worked and now it’s obvious that he lacks the motivational basics of coaching. Something Phil Jackson is also amazing at.

Unfortunately it's hard to be the guy that comes in after Phil Jackson.

And while we're nit picking (and I have probably been at the front in this regard) i just want to put it out there that having our club crest on the right
hand side of our blazers just adds to the perceived state of cluelessness the club is in at present.

It belongs over the heart ffs!

Add this major faux pas to the state of our current jersey and I'm not surprised we're playing like a bag of slop.

Looking good is part of feeling good and i have to say we've dropped the ball on this occasion.

Last edited:
look at the clubs and coaches succesful last couple of seasons
- Bellamy/storm
-roosters / Robinson
- eels/arthur
- Raiders/sticky
-manly/des

lets have a look at those coaches/teams

Bellamy/Storm - tick i agree (apart from their cheating years)

Robinson/Roosters - finished 15th in his 3rd season with them (2016)

Arthur/Eels - in his first 3 years at the Eels his results went backwards 10th in 2014; 12th in 2015; 14th in 2016; a slight reprieve in 2017 when he made the semi final; then in his 5th season (2018) he got the wooden spoon

Raiders/ Sticky - in his 6 years at the Raiders, he has finished 10th or lower 4 times (including his first two years)

Des/Manly - i'll give you that one, he has been successful there, with the exception of fucking their salary cap at the end of his first stint.

And while we're nit picking (and I have probably been at the front in this regard) i just want to put it out there that having our club crest on the left hand side of our blazers just adds to the perceived state of cluelessness the club is in at present.

It belongs over the heart ffs!

take a guess what side of your chest your heart is on 😉

Arthur/Eels - in his first 3 years at the Eels his results went backwards 10th in 2014; 12th in 2015; 14th in 2016; a slight reprieve in 2017 when he made the semi final; then in his 5th season (2018) he got the wooden spoon

Raiders/ Sticky - in his 6 years at the Raiders, he has finished 10th or lower 4 times (including his first two years)

Des/Manly - i'll give you that one, he has been successful there, with the exception of fucking their salary cap at the end of his first stint.
And then doing the same to the Bulldogs, a hole which they still have not dug their way out of.

have to agree to disagree with you , Robinson won a comp before that season so I think bad example . Arthur took over a club that was a mess , sticky’s took Over a club that couldn’t make the 8 previously year and yes inconsistent under him and I think he is a flog, but my point is he has own style .
seibold took over a squad that had been in 8 previous year and was touted as contender

I wish the Broncs can be like the Golden State Warriors:
1. Finish the regular season with the most wins in history
2. Sign arguably the best player in the NBA while keeping most of your roster.

Sounds more like the Roosters though.

have to agree to disagree with you , Robinson won a comp before that season so I think bad example . Arthur took over a club that was a mess , sticky’s took Over a club that couldn’t make the 8 previously year and yes inconsistent under him and I think he is a flog, but my point is he has own style .
seibold took over a squad that had been in 8 previous year and was touted as contender

Trent Robinson is one of the top 2 coaches in the game (Daylight is 3rd) and even he managed to finish a season in 15th

the other coaches, you brought up to compare with Seibs, so i thought i'd bring some facts to the table (yeah, i know, that's generally frowned upon on the forum)

I wish the Broncs can be like the Golden State Warriors:
1. Finish the regular season with the most wins in history
2. Sign arguably the best player in the NBA while keeping most of your roster.

Sounds more like the Roosters though.

we have something that the Golden State Warriors don't have ... a salary cap

get rid of that and we could easily emulate them or the likes of Man U/Real Madrid etc

take a guess what side of your chest your heart is on 😉
Anatomically, it's near enough in the middle init? Metaphorically, it's always been shown as on the left.
[automerge]1593828638[/automerge]
You beat me to it. Anatomy 101 fail.
Yeh sorry the crest is actually on the right, I'm looking at the picture doh? So I still reckon it's on the wrong side which should be on the left.

Last edited:
Trent Robinson is one of the top 2 coaches in the game (Daylight is 3rd) and even he managed to finish a season in 15th

the other coaches, you brought up to compare with Seibs, so i thought i'd bring some facts to the table (yeah, i know, that's generally frowned upon on the forum)

no probs , we both got different thoughts

Any bet he'll gloat over the top if they somehow fluke a win today? Something like he's shown the world how good a coach he is, etc.

Maybe not reading the article in full has made it seem out of context, but the whole story confuses me.

Are we to assume that the reason for the Broncos slump is Pies is telling the players to play like little kids?

Their recent performances since they started back would suggest so. Indeed, I've never witnessed a Broncos side play so unstructured, undisciplined, uncaring and uncoordinated as this current bunch. All surefire characteristics of children at play.

Tonight's game will be such a watershed. I'll still be supporting them, but man, I'm so hoping they make me eat my words.
Lexy pantsing Oates sort of confirms my last.

I'm hoping this was a setup between the two of them to give the young ones something to laugh at.
[automerge]1593832895[/automerge]
Any bet he'll gloat over the top if they somehow fluke a win today? Something like he's shown the world how good a coach he is, etc.
I doubt it @Sproj. He'll maybe find it hard to contain a satisfied smirk, but I'm sure he'll try to play the 'it's cool, I know what's happening, it's all going to plan' role while trying to remain as deadpan as poss.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.