NEWS A very special all Anthony Seibold episode

then i can only assume you were living in a cave during the pre-season when the club was releasing a 10 min video of seibs weekly.

if he didn't talk or gave Bennett style answers to the media during this time, then people would complain saying he is hiding from the fans
No I don't live in a cave (although the place probably looks a bit like one at the moment because we are currently doing some renos) but I do tend to hibernate for most of the off season however I did see one of the seib videos the club put out.
That looked more like a lifestyle piece to me (a day in the life of the coach etc.) maybe that's why it slipped my mind but if people want to consider it an interview I have no problem with that.
The point I was making though was that I don't think now is the time for siebs to be doing a retrospective or trying to layout what his vision or objectives for the club are.
There will be plenty of time down the track for that assuming he is still here.
I understand he has to talk to the media but I think for now it should be short and sharp (not like bennet that would be a bit too short) and just be along the lines of what is being done NOW to fix things never mind about "we can still make the eight" "there are a lot of guys who have played 0 - 30 games" and the potential is there or whatever.
I also agee with finabars comment that he is overdoing it with the analogies and he should probably give those a rest too.

Last edited:
lets have a look at those coaches/teams

Bellamy/Storm - tick i agree (apart from their cheating years)

Robinson/Roosters - finished 15th in his 3rd season with them (2016)

Arthur/Eels - in his first 3 years at the Eels his results went backwards 10th in 2014; 12th in 2015; 14th in 2016; a slight reprieve in 2017 when he made the semi final; then in his 5th season (2018) he got the wooden spoon

Raiders/ Sticky - in his 6 years at the Raiders, he has finished 10th or lower 4 times (including his first two years)

Des/Manly - i'll give you that one, he has been successful there, with the exception of fucking their salary cap at the end of his first stint.
Yes I agree. How does Bellamy lose Inglis and Cronk and slater and Munster and get his players to beat the premiers the other night. My friend saw 6 forwards leave the surf at Mooloolaba the other morning and everyone of them had zippers on their faces like they have been told to run through brick walls. Not much fun in that but they do it and they win which sort of compensates for the scars.

Trent Robinson is one of the top 2 coaches in the game (Daylight is 3rd) and even he managed to finish a season in 15th

the other coaches, you brought up to compare with Seibs, so i thought i'd bring some facts to the table (yeah, i know, that's generally frowned upon on the forum)
How often did WB end up there? Newcastle must have been close as they were his poorest team in terms of culture and roster, what were his finishes there?

Yes I agree. How does Bellamy lose Inglis and Cronk and slater and Munster and get his players to beat the premiers the other night. My friend saw 6 forwards leave the surf at Mooloolaba the other morning and everyone of them had zippers on their faces like they have been told to run through brick walls. Not much fun in that but they do it and they win which sort of compensates for the scars.
Scuse my ignorance. What's a zipper?

And while we're nit picking (and I have probably been at the front in this regard) i just want to put it out there that having our club crest on the right
hand side of our blazers just adds to the perceived state of cluelessness the club is in at present.

It belongs over the heart ffs!

Add this major faux pas to the state of our current jersey and I'm not surprised we're playing like a bag of slop.

Looking good is part of feeling good and i have to say we've dropped the ball on this occasion.

The Heart is actually in the middle of your chest. Right behind the sternum.

How often did WB end up there? Newcastle must have been close as they were his poorest team in terms of culture and roster, what were his finishes there?

2012: 12th
2013: 7th
2014: 12th

At face value, you'd think so. I wonder how much fun Bellamy is as a coach?

Here are a few other sports aphorisms to throw into the mix:

No pain, no gain.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

I don't think Bellamy is any fun as a coach, but I think the Storm boys enjoy their footy - which was the point being made - enjoying playing, not how much fun the coach is

Seems you have missed the point

2012: 12th
2013: 7th
2014: 12th
****, not too bad really. Like WB had way more to deal with of course excepting coronavirus. I don't think WB even got paid for 2014 as was the case for the players and other staff. Certainly he's never taken a potential top 4 side to the bottom of the ladder.

Apparently Pies power point presentation on "How to FUN!" Really got the guys in the mood for a good..... cry tonight.....

**** he is so bad at this.

Well after last night I now kind of agree with him. I don’t see how a team that looks like it’s at a funeral is going to win another game this year.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.