ABL

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So the ABL is back, the Brisbane Bandits are back... _woohoo_ Just when it all crashed back in 1998 (?) the Bandits were getting quite big crowds and quite a bit of following (at the time bigger than the Strikers & the Bullets) so it was a real shame that it all fell apart (my dad mourned for 5 years).

Anyway, hopefully with all the money from the MLB it will kick on and get some momentum & stick around.

I think my old man is already a life member. NOw to convince the hubby (who hates baseball with the fire of a thousand suns :roll: ) that we need to get to a few games.

Their new colours are a lot less homosexual too (not that there's anything wrong with that). WTF was with that purple and Teale? Seriously....

Anyway 2 weeks til game 1.

http://www.brisbanebandits.com.au/?Page=65616

Playing Perth the 11th 12th and 13th should be sweeeeet

It will be interesting to see if this generates much of a following.

What were the crowds like in terms of size before it folded? And didn't they play at the RNA showgrounds? I think Dara mentioned that once, it would be weird watching sport there lol

They played at the RNA in the beginning but the last 3 or so years were based out at everyone's favourite stadium - ANZ. which was a much better venue for baseball than rugby league. I think the biggest crowd was 13,000 but the average was 5,000ish? Dunno, pretty much the western stand would be full. It was a crowd the Panthers, Roosters or Rabbitohs would be proud of [icon_shady

And for the record, baseball at the RNA was awesome, real old skool.

Does anyone know where they'll be playing this time round?

mrslong said:
They played at the RNA in the beginning but the last 3 or so years were based out at everyone's favourite stadium - ANZ. which was a much better venue for baseball than rugby league. I think the biggest crowd was 13,000 but the average was 5,000ish? Dunno, pretty much the western stand would be full. It was a crowd the Panthers, Roosters or Rabbitohs would be proud of [icon_shady

And for the record, baseball at the RNA was awesome, real old skool.

Does anyone know where they'll be playing this time round?

It'll either be the RNA or Holloway field. Old school either way. AWESOME. Bring it on.

If it's at the RNA, I might actually go to a game.

Do they have good food there?? I wouldn't mind to check it out.

Wow! rnabokov is hosting the ABL? Awesome! Give us free tickets mate!

I was a big Bandits fan in the 90s. And still have a signed Bandits ball on my desk beside my computer.

I will be there Thursday night. icon_thumbs_u

Went to the free trial tonight VS the Brisbane all-stars at the RNA. Was alot of fun and the young fella loved it.

I've got a ticket to the doubleheader on Friday night. The Bandits shortstop - Shoei, is having his 21st so the family has reserved the bar behind home plate and are aiming to be making a whole lotta noise icon_thumbs_u Hopefully it is a good game/night!

Also, playing the Blues - so BOOOOOO!

DIEHARD said:
I was a big Bandits fan in the 90s. And still have a signed Bandits ball on my desk beside my computer.

I will be there Thursday night. icon_thumbs_u
I have a signed ball (a foul ball that I caught one night, awesomeness) in my "special" cabinet at home. :oops:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • RodF
  • blacknwhite
  • sooticus
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.