NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

For mine, having the "legends" say things as Dowling did: "There is pressure on Seibold like he wouldn’t believe.

“With every loss, it’s going to get worse for him. Especially with what went on ... the Broncos were desperate to get him there and sack Wayne, well now he has to deliver.”

.... is bloody pathetic, and has totally the opposite effect of what is needed here, and that is constructive criticism which focuses on the problems on the field, and looks for solutions which gives our team self belief, rather than Dowling's obvious Bennet-love, with public comments which sets everyone up to fail.

Pull your bloody head in Dowling.

Sorry fella, I have to disagree with you here. There is pressure on Seibold like he wouldn't believe, and if the players do read the news and see all this criticism that is being dished out, well they can stop bloody well acting like pampered snowflakes and get out on the field and prove everyone wrong!

I don't care if they are experienced veterans, or up and coming hyped up youngsters - they are getting paid handsomely to do something they love week in week out. The majority of us poor suckers have to drag ourselves to work each morning doing something we can barely tolerate to have to pay the bills and put food on the table.

Stuff the players/coach's feelings and self-belief. Once they start putting in on the field and repaying the faith and money us fans have invested in them over the past 13 years since the last premiership, I may then start giving them a bit more leniency for the odd poor performance here and there. But many of us have had a gutful of their constant heartless, inept, gutless performances these past 3 years in particular! Fire the hell up boys for once in your life.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
I certainly don't want to make any excuses for lazy, indifferent efforts, but I hope there isn't a bit of Michael Maguire style burnout going on

Last edited:
For mine, having the "legends" say things as Dowling did: "There is pressure on Seibold like he wouldn’t believe.

“With every loss, it’s going to get worse for him. Especially with what went on ... the Broncos were desperate to get him there and sack Wayne, well now he has to deliver.”

.... is bloody pathetic, and has totally the opposite effect of what is needed here, and that is constructive criticism which focuses on the problems on the field, and looks for solutions which gives our team self belief, rather than Dowling's obvious Bennet-love, with public comments which sets everyone up to fail.

Pull your bloody head in Dowling.

Everything in that quote is 100% true though.

The problems on the field are the coaches responsibility.

The media kissed Seibolds ass all off season, of course the knives will come out when he starts derping it up.

Last edited:
I certainly don't want to make any excuses for lazy, indifferent efforts, but I hope there isn't a bit of Michael Maguire style burnout going on
They've only been going for 4 rounds and a bit of pre-season. Pretty soft if they are getting burnt out already.

Sorry fella, I have to disagree with you here. There is pressure on Seibold like he wouldn't believe, and if the players do read the news and see all this criticism that is being dished out, well they can stop bloody well acting like pampered snowflakes and get out on the field and prove everyone wrong!

I don't care if they are experienced veterans, or up and coming hyped up youngsters - they are getting paid handsomely to do something they love week in week out. The majority of us poor suckers have to drag ourselves to work each morning doing something we can barely tolerate to have to pay the bills and put food on the table.

Stuff the players/coach's feelings and self-belief. Once they start putting in on the field and repaying the faith and money us fans have invested in them over the past 13 years since the last premiership, I may then start giving them a bit more leniency for the odd poor performance here and there. But many of us have had a gutful of their constant heartless, inept, gutless performances these past 3 years in particular! Fire the hell up boys for once in your life.

Sorry for the rant.
Absolutely 100% agree. Thank you for posting this, so refreshing.

Absolutely 100% agree. Thank you for posting this, so refreshing.

Ta mate. Look, I am not a coach's or a footy player's arsehole admittedly. But what I am is a fan with huge expectations of this side. Expectations built upon years of pride watching our side succeed and giving us fans something to look forward to every weekend. But for the past few years it feels like many of the players couldn't give a toss, while we still retain the same emotional investment week in week out.

Frustration gets the better of me and I just scratch my head when I think about the many advantages these blokes have over lots of other teams in the comp - the training facilities and resources at their disposal, they want for nothing really. Yet they still have the audacity to rock up most weeks looking and performing like they would rather be at home scratching each others' nuts playing Fortnite on their Xboxes. Show us fans you give a damn and start walking the walk instead of talking yourselves up on social media.

Last edited:
Ta mate. Look, I am not a coach's or a footy player's arsehole admittedly. But what I am is a fan with huge expectations of this side. Expectations built upon years of pride watching our side succeed and giving us fans something to look forward to every weekend. But for the past few years it feels like many of the players couldn't give a toss, while we still retain the same emotional investment week in week out.

Frustration gets the better of me and I just scratch my head when I think about the many advantages these blokes have over lots of other teams in the comp - the training facilities and resources at their disposal, they want for nothing really. Yet they still have the audacity to rock up most weeks looking and performing like they would rather be at home scratching each others' nuts playing Fortnite on their Xboxes. Show us fans you give a damn and start walking the walk instead of talking yourselves up on social media.
Mate, couldn't have said it better myself. I feel exactly the same way. I think all fans can accept loses, that's going to happen, but what I can't cop is the lack of care or bullshit performances they've been dishing out.

Mate, couldn't have said it better myself. I feel exactly the same way. I think all fans can accept loses, that's going to happen, but what I can't cop is the lack of care or bullshit performances they've been dishing out.

You two need to get a room already

There is a very simple short term solution to our problems. We are still inheriting issues from the past regime, ie Boyd, lack of leaders etc. This isn't easy to change overnight. Long term we need a game control half, as Bird is fantastic at 4.

1)Knik to 9
2)Bird to 6
3)Bird to Captain
4)Boyd wing
5)Isaako to 1

All players put on notice, irrelevant of contract length you can see your time out in Q cup.

Last edited:
The Cows have blown their load early. They’re number one issue is they rely on Taumalolo, with him out they are a shadow of themselves. Their response was a pretty major backline re-shuffle - half to fullback, fullback to outside backs, rookie half brought in. How is that working for them? Very similar changes to what a lot are proposing, I don’t think it will make any difference if we are still completing sets at ~60%.

“The forward pack got rolled and torn apart by the Roosters...” so make urgent changes to the spine? Are these guys even watching the games or are they gorging on gourmet sausage rolls and casually glancing at jersey numbers to call the play?

Completion rate. It’s all it is.

And 50 plus missed tackles...

It’s a bad day when you watch the raiders halves and think Jesus they are better organised then our two. Their game management is 1000x better too. Kicks good and into touch when their team needs a break. Like I said a very very bad day when Williams and Whitton look better then us (insert very sad/angry face)

I just watched something that just highlights the effort a good fullback should put in.

On Kayo they have something called Final 5 where they show the final 5 minutes of a classic match. This particular one was the final game in the Test series between Australia and Great Britain. Lockyer was playing fullback and had just thrown a beautiful cut out pass to De Vere to level the scores.

Then a couple of sets later, he was trying to keep the ball alive so he threw an offload which went to ground and he was tackled, but the ball was picked up by an Aussie player and they made a break and a couple of passes later, there was Lockyer screaming up in support waiting for an offload which he got and then threw the final pass to Ricketson to win the game for the Aussies.

He was tackled just a couple of passes earlier but still managed to get up, run about 30+ metres and still pop up in support and won the game for the Aussies. It just highlights the effort he put in.

Something Boyd lacks.

Sorry for the rant.

Apologies for your rant are accepted, fella.

As I have posted in the Tigers thread my issues are the same as all we all have at this point in time: the lack of energy, commitment and direction in defence, and as Seibold said, not doing the little things properly, say, like maintaining possession.

I also said after the Roosters debacle, what I want to see is improved execution of the good attacking plays we put in last night, and there were quite a few, immediate addressing of the lazy and poor defensive reads which led to ALL their tries, COMMUNICATION in the middle where our defence is organized and no damn missed tackles, Isaako regaining his football brain which seems to have disengaged and wingers not coming in off their wings = having the defence cover the attacking numbers out wide, not the 4 on 3 which led to the Roosters 1st try.

What I DON"T want to see are old farts unloading anti-Seibold agendas driven by their pro-Bennett positions. Simple as that.

I just watched something that just highlights the effort a good fullback should put in.

On Kayo they have something called Final 5 where they show the final 5 minutes of a classic match. This particular one was the final game in the Test series between Australia and Great Britain. Lockyer was playing fullback and had just thrown a beautiful cut out pass to De Vere to level the scores.

Then a couple of sets later, he was trying to keep the ball alive so he threw an offload which went to ground and he was tackled, but the ball was picked up by an Aussie player and they made a break and a couple of passes later, there was Lockyer screaming up in support waiting for an offload which he got and then threw the final pass to Ricketson to win the game for the Aussies.

He was tackled just a couple of passes earlier but still managed to get up, run about 30+ metres and still pop up in support and won the game for the Aussies. It just highlights the effort he put in.

Something Boyd lacks.
No one in this side currently knows how to support play... I don't know how many breaks are just snuffed out because there is never anyone pushing up! With the speed in our backline it frustrates the shit out of me.

Something Boyd lacks.
Did you see Boyd jump out of acting half the other night when we got a quick play, no markers, broken defensive line, heap of room and he looks around and had no one there!! So many times these things happen in our games. We just seem to lack vision, Milf and Niko should be licking their lips in these situations...Whole side just seems broken.

Did you see Boyd jump out of acting half the other night when we got a quick play, no markers, broken defensive line, heap of room and he looks around and had no one there!! So many times these things happen in our games. We just seem to lack vision, Milf and Niko should be licking their lips in these situations...Whole side just seems broken.
But in those situations it's up to the dummy half to take the hard hit up and look for another quick play the ball to keep the run on going... we seriously struggle to do that.

So many fundamentals that this team just don't do. It's like I'm watching a different competition when the Broncos play.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.