NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

he left us in great shape while being booted out the door by the club. It's now up to the current administration and coach to mould this team for the vision they see and I have great faith that they can do that given enough time. I also don't think any other coach aside from Bellamy would have been a better choice to replace Bennett.
ROFL. Is sick of people blaming Bennett, proceeds to fanboy him... and drops that line in bold.

- Worst FB in the NRL
- No capable Halfback in sight
- Collective stinking attitude and worst defense in years.

Hook left us in much better shape than Bennett did!

ROFL. Is sick of people blaming Bennett, proceeds to fanboy him... and drops that line in bold.

- Worst FB in the NRL

I have to say that as time has gone on, your call about Boyd being brought back has proven to be on the money. In saying that I think WB was right to get rid of Barba. Hindsight has proven that his judgment about that was on the money.

Last edited:
He has singlehandedly won games from 6 as well.

I get what you are saying. But I think he would do it more often from fullback. I think he would be more consistent and make more impact from fullback. But just my opinion.

- Worst FB in the NRL

Would we be better if we had left Hook in charge? My biggest grudge against Hook was that he played Hoggman in the 5/8 (Wayne persisted with Niko in 7 so that cancels it out), but then he remedied the situation and bought Milford. He also brought in Barba to try and fix our spine. It didn't work, but he was active in trying to improve the key areas of our side whilst at the same time getting wraps from the young kids coming through. What would our spine look like today if we had Hook in charge?

Last edited:
I have to say that as time has gone on, your call about Boyd being brought back has proven to be on the money. In saying that I think WB was right to get rid of Barber. Hindsight has proven that his judgment about that was on the money.
My issue was not Barba leaving. That was the least of my worries, it was the fact we were going to lose someone like Taylor.

Can someone actually say that we would not have been better off with:
1- Milford
6- Hunt/Niko
7- Taylor (his move to the Tits was the worst thing he could've done, but that is one thing I won't blame WB for)

It's probably too late for Milford now, and I do believe he can be an amazing 5/8 with the proper partner, especially if he has a good FB in support.

@rogerwilco is of course right about not making too many changes at once, but Seibold has options, and IMO he has to start with our FB and captain, who in my opinion is a poisonous influence on the rest of the team on the field.

Would we be better if we had left Hook in charge? My biggest grudge against Hook was that he played Hoggman in the 5/8 (Wayne persisted with Niko in 7 so that cancels it out), but then he remedied the situation and bought Milford. He also brought in Barba to try and fix our spine. It didn't work, but he was active in trying to improve the key areas of our side whilst at the same time getting wraps from the young kids coming through. What would our spine look like today if we had Hook in charge?
It's not like Hook had much choice. Hunt was appalling on all trials leading up to each season, Norman was a dickhead most of us were happy to see moved on, Kahu had the 5/8 spot sowed up and suffered a long term injury, Barba didn't pan out, etc...

That said, don't get me wrong. I don't like the way it all happened, but I understand and support the board's decision to bring back our foundation coach. Bringing back Boyd, despite his stellar 2016 and deserved captaincy at the time, was IMO his single worst decision.

There is an attitude problem at the moment. But if you think the coach doesn't know that and that he doesn't see the other problems you are wrong. He can't just come in and start dropping people and changing key positions. Nearly the whole team would be dropped/changed. He needs time to fix the problems.

Fixing a wrong attitude/culture is difficult and you have to be careful. He knows about the 1, 5, 6, 7, 9 and all the others that are not performing. But unless the attitude is fixed nothing will change. If you bring in new players pretty soon they will adopt the same poor attitude. I know there's more to it than that and so does the coach. He knows things need to change. There has been four games played, we still have a while left in the season.

Let's be patient while the correct changes are made without disrupting the whole team and causing further problems. Do you think it's possible that if the coach makes so many changes the whole playing squad starts to lose faith in the coach. Maybe they start playing worse from the pressure of being dropped. I get it that changes need to be made, so does the coach.

He will make them carefully while trying to improve the attitude. Men, especially football players, are a sensitive bunch. And some of these "men" are still just kids. All the arguments for dropping them like "they get paid a bunch" , "they need to harden up", "they need to respect the Broncos Jersey" etc. are valid but other things need to be considered as well.

What you say makes a lot of sense and I tend to agree with a lot of it.

However we are not winning games and that's what really matters. If we made the changes that you suggest we didn't and we lost some games, what have we really lost?

I would rather lose some games with a team that will mature and improve enough to win a title. Rather than playing it safe, with a team that has players who maintain their position week in and week out regardless of how poorly they perform.

These guys seem to have lost their hunger to be the best player they can be and best every opponent they match up against. That competitive spirit and strive for self improvement is what all top class sportsman have inbuilt in them.

What you say makes a lot of sense and I tend to agree with a lot of it.

However we are not winning games and that's what really matters. If we made the changes that you suggest we didn't and we lost some games, what have we really lost?

I would rather lose some games with a team that will mature and improve enough to win a title. Rather than playing it safe, with a team that has players who maintain their position week in and week out regardless of how poorly they perform.

These guys seem to have lost their hunger to be the best player they can be and best every opponent they match up against. That competitive spirit and strive for self improvement is what all top class sportsman have inbuilt in them.

Well said!

Bennett put enough building blocks in place for us to succeed. At the moment, we are a much worse side than last year. That's as much on Seibold as it is the players. It's up to the coach to change it. If it upsets people then it upsets them. If the players are toxic, or not performing, drop them. It's that simple. If the culture is as bad as some think ( I don't personally ) then a shake up is needed.

Bennett put enough building blocks in place for us to succeed. At the moment, we are a much worse side than last year. That's as much on Seibold as it is the players. It's up to the coach to change it. If it upsets people then it upsets them. If the players are toxic, or not performing, drop them. It's that simple. If the culture is as bad as some think ( I don't personally ) then a shake up is needed.

Couldn't agree more Wolfie! In my mind, there is no bloody excuse for it. Seibolds starts ringing the changes and stamping his authority with the players or he can **** off back to the classroom where students can bring him a shiny red apple every day if that makes him more comfortable in his job!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more Wolfie! In my mind, there is no bloody excuse for it. Seibolds starts ringing the changes and stamping his authority with the players or he can **** off back to the classroom where students can bring him a shiny red apple every day if that makes him more comfortable in his job!

Posts like this do zero for your credibility, if that means anything to you.

Posts like this do zero for your credibility, if that means anything to you.

If Seibold is not willing to put a stop to whatever/who it is exactly within the playing group regarding poor attitudes, then in my opinion he is only enabling it. The longer he lets things go on, the harder it will be to bring about change. Plus the further we drop on the ladder. It is the apparent inaction which annoys the hell out of me. I felt that with Bennett and am starting to feel the same way with Seibold. You would never see Bellamy put up with this shit. And know, I don't like Bellamy but geez he gets respect from his players though.

Last edited:
I was cranky with Griffin when he took our two best tryscorers and moved them into positions where they were way less effective. A too young Oates into the second row and Hoggman out of fullback into 5/8. At least that's what I think it was. Oates got bashed up and Hoggman was sod ordinary.

- Worst FB in the NRL

Your anti-bias Bennett is pretty obvious for everyone to see except yourself. Sure you can say he's a great man manager every few posts about him to pretend you can see the good and bad but you were fuming when Griffin got the arse, making Bennett out to be the devil himself and you couldn't be more pleased to have seen him get the arse for Seibold.

- Bad decision, every coach makes some, but also a decision endorsed by the board. I pretty clearly said in my post it was a mistake and that Bennett doesn't write or sign off on contracts
- I also clearly addressed this, nothing more to say there.
- We actually beat good teams last year, this year we've got stomped by them, that's bad coaching by Seibold. Whether he can turn that around is yet to be seen but I expect him to. Somehow blaming it on Bennett is a weak argument. Defence is attitude, it can be changed overnight. We were great against the Cowboys, by your measure, that's all thanks to Bennett. If we're going to deflect blame to Bennett you'd want to deflect all credit to Bennett too if we end up doing well this year.

Out of all 16 rosters in the NRL which roster would you swap with ours? Melbourne/Rooster infinite salary cap aside.

Jesus, maybe I need to re-evaluate my position when I agree with everything the raging fool says.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Matheos
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BRC088
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • ozzball
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.