NEWS Adam Reynolds and Pat Carrigan altercation

Just heard on ABC news that the NRL integrity unit "won't complete their investigation prior to the match in Vegas, they'll face a sanction when they return"
I did consider the NRL might pull the old match suspensions after the Vegas game for "the fans". Like the May suspension for the 22 grand final.
Surely it's a pretty open and shut case for the integrity unit, so will be interesting to see how they try and milk the investigation for 3 weeks.

Hungry Food GIF

Look for Pat to make it clear no body touches Adam early in the year. If a forward does his half wrong at some point he gets his respect back through protecting him on field.

Sounds like this was a silly drunken moment where an older statesman tried to get everyone home and made sure as captain he didn't back down from a prop no less. Respect all round for Adam. He is a good leader. Carrigan needs a clap over the head and a move on with it call. No bad blood between men if they front up and apologise early, which seems to be the case here.

Pat probably woke up the next morning with that terrible gut feeling of fear. "What the hell did I do". The boys will make a few jokes about Carrigan being full of rage and such at training and everyone will laugh it off. This is one of the great thinks about a team, you have all different types who can bring people together at the end of the day.

Just heard on ABC news that the NRL integrity unit "won't complete their investigation prior to the match in Vegas, they'll face a sanction when they return"
Ahh ok ... so definite suspension incoming.

I just watched the Presser with Patty and Reyno ... the media were doing their best to get them to say something the could beat up for the next couple of weeks.

so far this is what they have come up with:

Screenshot 2024 02 13 171408

lol fmd. 15 minute interview making 2 blokes talk seriously like scolded children about having a bit of a dust up on the piss. I’m not even saying this due to bronco bias - I’m actually harder on our players generally.

They needed to front the media but all that needed to be said was “yeah, had too much to drink and we got a bit silly. It’s not the end of the world but we acknowledge that it doesn’t put the club or ourselves in the best light. Me and Reyno are still good mates. Happy to move on”

lol fmd. 15 minute interview making 2 blokes talk seriously like scolded children about having a bit of a dust up on the piss. I’m not even saying this due to bronco bias - I’m actually harder on our players generally.

They needed to front the media but all that needed to be said was “yeah, had too much to drink and we got a bit silly. It’s not the end of the world but we acknowledge that it doesn’t put the club or ourselves in the best light. Me and Reyno are still good mates. Happy to move on”
Exactly. All they had to say is they were just fucking around. Literally that.

Agree, but I'm happy they had to stand there for 15 minutes answering to those parasites. That is their 'punishment'.

You know who I feel sorry for is the young boys who look up to Patty and Reyno. Because 99.9 of the broncos fanbase is men and young boys and yes us girls are the 1% who support the team
I work at a boarding school. 99% of boys/young men will have a testosterone-fueled scuffle like this at some point. Having said that, its obviously not an acceptable way to behave as a public figure. It's embarrassing. Patty and Reyno will be embarrassed. Having to front the media and take ownership for their actions like a couple of schoolboys will be sufficient punishment to ensure it won't happen again.

You know who I feel sorry for is the young boys who look up to Patty and Reyno. Because 99.9 of the broncos fanbase is men and young boys and yes us girls are the 1% who support the team
Great you're following Brisbane, but there are many women that support Brisbane. We lost a few during Lodge's signing but most of them are back from what I can observe around the place.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.