OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds will join the Broncos in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming reports indicate Adam Reynolds will sign a three-year deal with the Broncos worth approximately $2.25 million by the end of the week. That's $200,000 less than the Sharks offered, but will include the captaincy. Thank Wayne Bennett for swaying that, apparently. Reynolds is reported to have already told his team mates he's leaving.

Nicho Hynes signature is likely to follow.

Story has high confidence. Expecting announcement tomorrow.

Damien Cook:

“I have had a chat with him where I’ve asked him to stay, he’s a big reason why I came to the club in the first place, because he was the halfback. Is it a cruel part of our game where you can’t keep everyone? It is. But we’ll see what happens.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis:

“Not once has Adam said to me I don’t want to move to Queensland, it’s not a barrier at all for him. People just assume because he has four kids, he won’t want to move, but Adam is open to moving. Adam wants the security of a longer-term deal certainly. There’s no point signing one-year deals if you plan on playing for three or four more years. He will get a three-year deal wherever he chooses to go, he is 30 years of age and Benji Marshall (Souths teammate) has shown playmakers can play until their mid-30s.”

Meanwhile, the Sharks are rumoured to be considering Anthony Milford instead. But that's more speculation based on who else is coming to market than anything solid.

McHunt

Will Ferrell Yes GIF

I'm glad they're not locking him in for four years. We might be lucky to get two out of him, but he's clearly what we need next year as long as we bring a QLD youngster up behind him.

About bloody time, worth 5 x Deardens at present!

Might head on over to the cowboys forum to see their reaction, the missed Reynolds and ended up with Dearden (who can't get out of QLD Cup).. and Jake Clifford who killed us the other night is on his way to Newcastle

They are going to get Cronulla's scraps and our rookie halfback who in 22 games or so barely showed us anything

Changed my tune on Reynolds.

You'd take anyone with a kicking game right now, especially if it gets Milford off our books!

Finally some good news!
A halfback that can actually steer us around and has great experience

let’s hope the planes are flying tomorrow in the rain so he doesn’t backflip!

Adam Reynolds for a bees dick over 700k a year.

Compared who we've paid 800k+ over in the past (Bird, Boyd, Milf) That's a fucking BARGAIN.
It is but it will depend how they weight it into the cap. Hopefully, they'll be able to heavily front load it so we'll have more to spend in his third year.

Watch on NRL 360 tonight, it will get a mention right before they cut to an ad-break

Had we lost him though.. 20 minute segment on what's gone wrong with the Broncos
Has to be lead story, surely. Correct me if I'm wrong, I won't be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.