OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds will join the Broncos in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming reports indicate Adam Reynolds will sign a three-year deal with the Broncos worth approximately $2.25 million by the end of the week. That's $200,000 less than the Sharks offered, but will include the captaincy. Thank Wayne Bennett for swaying that, apparently. Reynolds is reported to have already told his team mates he's leaving.

Nicho Hynes signature is likely to follow.

Story has high confidence. Expecting announcement tomorrow.

Damien Cook:

“I have had a chat with him where I’ve asked him to stay, he’s a big reason why I came to the club in the first place, because he was the halfback. Is it a cruel part of our game where you can’t keep everyone? It is. But we’ll see what happens.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis:

“Not once has Adam said to me I don’t want to move to Queensland, it’s not a barrier at all for him. People just assume because he has four kids, he won’t want to move, but Adam is open to moving. Adam wants the security of a longer-term deal certainly. There’s no point signing one-year deals if you plan on playing for three or four more years. He will get a three-year deal wherever he chooses to go, he is 30 years of age and Benji Marshall (Souths teammate) has shown playmakers can play until their mid-30s.”

Meanwhile, the Sharks are rumoured to be considering Anthony Milford instead. But that's more speculation based on who else is coming to market than anything solid.

McHunt

Adam Reynolds for a bees dick over 700k a year.

Compared who we've paid 800k+ over in the past (Bird, Boyd, Milf) That's a fucking BARGAIN.

some media are saying 750k a year ... others 800k a year ...

by the time 2022 get's here the media will have him on $1.5 million a year, so they can start questioning our salary cap again

p.s. Kent/Badel says that all that remains before he signs is for him to pass a medical examination, although that is a fait accompli.

Souths fans aren't taking it well at all, they expected him to still be there next year even after the months of talk about him leaving

Watch on NRL 360 tonight, it will get a mention right before they cut to an ad-break

Had we lost him though.. 20 minute segment on what's gone wrong with the Broncos

To be fair, they were all pretty positive about it last night, but then it wasn't Rothfield and Punchableface, so tonight will be interesting.

Please, let's not jinx it.

If this happens it's unbelievable that Souths are letting it happen. Something just doesn't seem right.
Maybe it's just we are so used to being on the wrong end.

giphy.gif

Big test of Kent’s credibility here. When it looked like we had no chance of getting Reynolds he spruiked how he is exactly what we need and would completely turn our club around in terms of play and attraction for other players.

Fully expecting him to turn around now and say that he isn’t a halfback and it’s another failure by us.

Can’t say I blame them.
He has been treated shabbily by them considering his service.
But their loss our gain. More than happy to take this win.

True, they are probably going to drop their jerseys off outside the leagues club overnight but they are in a tricky situation, they've essentially chosen Cody Walker over Reynolds

Big test of Kent’s credibility here. When it looked like we had no chance of getting Reynolds he spruiked how he is exactly what we need and would completely turn our club around in terms of play and attraction for other players.

Fully expecting him to turn around now and say that he isn’t a halfback and it’s another failure by us.

Hooper lost all credibility he had during this, as I said earlier he was basically declaring Reynolds would sign with Cronulla in the usual way he talks "Reynolds will sign with Cronulla in the coming days" or words to that effect

p.s. Kent/Badel says that all that remains before he signs is for him to pass a medical examination, although that is a fait accompli.
Hopefully we’re getting a third party to do this can’t trust our team to get it right...

ahh I see tommy beat me to this joke

I'm hoping he'll go into the fetal position live on air and start chanting "keep it together, keep it together"

I am just really glad we signed him, otherwise we were going to taking a risk with someone like an Ash Taylor/SJ or someone like that, they are risks because we need a halfback who can take full control of the game, not patches of the game

Incoming reports indicate Adam Reynolds will sign a three-year deal with the Broncos worth approximately $2.25 million by the end of the week. That's $200,000 less than the Sharks offered, but will include the captaincy. Thank Wayne Bennett for swaying that, apparently. Reynolds is reported to have already told his team mates he's leaving.

Nicho Hynes signature is likely to follow.

Story has high confidence. Expecting announcement tomorrow.

Damien Cook:

“I have had a chat with him where I’ve asked him to stay, he’s a big reason why I came to the club in the first place, because he was the halfback. Is it a cruel part of our game where you can’t keep everyone? It is. But we’ll see what happens.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis:

“Not once has Adam said to me I don’t want to move to Queensland, it’s not a barrier at all for him. People just assume because he has four kids, he won’t want to move, but Adam is open to moving. Adam wants the security of a longer-term deal certainly. There’s no point signing one-year deals if you plan on playing for three or four more years. He will get a three-year deal wherever he chooses to go, he is 30 years of age and Benji Marshall (Souths teammate) has shown playmakers can play until their mid-30s.”

Meanwhile, the Sharks are rumoured to be considering Anthony Milford instead. But that's more speculation based on who else is coming to market than anything solid.

McHunt

Well I guess Damien cook is coming too then

While we're on the subject of rumours, in case you haven't heard The Mole reckons The Broncos and Newcastle are talking about a Lodge for Klemmer swap arranged by a "relative" of Isaac Moses. They're both on about the same contract so no money would change hands. Presumably this would only happen if Kevvie thinks Lodge is stinking up the clubhouse.

I give this rumour 1 out of 4 splats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • azza.79
  • Ondi
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • BRC088
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • porouian
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.