OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds will join the Broncos in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming reports indicate Adam Reynolds will sign a three-year deal with the Broncos worth approximately $2.25 million by the end of the week. That's $200,000 less than the Sharks offered, but will include the captaincy. Thank Wayne Bennett for swaying that, apparently. Reynolds is reported to have already told his team mates he's leaving.

Nicho Hynes signature is likely to follow.

Story has high confidence. Expecting announcement tomorrow.

Damien Cook:

“I have had a chat with him where I’ve asked him to stay, he’s a big reason why I came to the club in the first place, because he was the halfback. Is it a cruel part of our game where you can’t keep everyone? It is. But we’ll see what happens.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis:

“Not once has Adam said to me I don’t want to move to Queensland, it’s not a barrier at all for him. People just assume because he has four kids, he won’t want to move, but Adam is open to moving. Adam wants the security of a longer-term deal certainly. There’s no point signing one-year deals if you plan on playing for three or four more years. He will get a three-year deal wherever he chooses to go, he is 30 years of age and Benji Marshall (Souths teammate) has shown playmakers can play until their mid-30s.”

Meanwhile, the Sharks are rumoured to be considering Anthony Milford instead. But that's more speculation based on who else is coming to market than anything solid.

McHunt

While we're on the subject of rumours, in case you haven't heard The Mole reckons The Broncos and Newcastle are talking about a Lodge for Klemmer swap arranged by a "relative" of Isaac Moses. They're both on about the same contract so no money would change hands. Presumably this would only happen if Kevvie thinks Lodge is stinking up the clubhouse.

I give this rumour 1 out of 4 splats.

Klem is apparently on $850k until the end of 23.
Lodge on $700 until end of 24.

The deal doesn’t really make sense.

While we're on the subject of rumours, in case you haven't heard The Mole reckons The Broncos and Newcastle are talking about a Lodge for Klemmer swap arranged by a "relative" of Isaac Moses. They're both on about the same contract so no money would change hands. Presumably this would only happen if Kevvie thinks Lodge is stinking up the clubhouse.

I give this rumour 1 out of 4 splats.
I don't know why though (if this was true). I like lodge, he does well for us.

Reynolds

Now let’s get a superstar fullback
I reckon Donuts will be trying to get an immediate swap of Coates for Hynes. That would shut everyone up. Except for Hynes, who might prefer to hang around on the off chance of winning a premiership.

I've never heard so much praise to the Broncos by our fav journo's Hooper & Kent.
Looking at Kent's face, you could see it hurt saying this is a great coup by the club. Kent also saying that A.Rey is coming to Brisbane for less.
FFS please just make sure this signature is on a piece of paper. I'm getting too excited.

I reckon Donuts will be trying to get an immediate swap of Coates for Hynes. That would shut everyone up. Except for Hynes, who might prefer to hang around on the off chance of winning a premiership.

Immediate swap Milf for SJ

I've never heard so much praise to the Broncos by our fav journo's Hooper & Kent.
Looking at Kent's face, you could see it hurt saying this is a great coup by the club. Kent also saying that A.Rey is coming to Brisbane for less.
FFS please just make sure this signature is on a piece of paper. I'm getting too excited.

they countered the praise with talking about how badly the Sharks botched this (probably had to make an excuse for them all saying he was a certainty to the Sharks)

I thought it was pretty fair and accurate to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • Spoon
  • broncs30
  • Bucking Beads
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Gympie devil
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • leon.bott
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.