OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds will join the Broncos in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming reports indicate Adam Reynolds will sign a three-year deal with the Broncos worth approximately $2.25 million by the end of the week. That's $200,000 less than the Sharks offered, but will include the captaincy. Thank Wayne Bennett for swaying that, apparently. Reynolds is reported to have already told his team mates he's leaving.

Nicho Hynes signature is likely to follow.

Story has high confidence. Expecting announcement tomorrow.

Damien Cook:

“I have had a chat with him where I’ve asked him to stay, he’s a big reason why I came to the club in the first place, because he was the halfback. Is it a cruel part of our game where you can’t keep everyone? It is. But we’ll see what happens.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis:

“Not once has Adam said to me I don’t want to move to Queensland, it’s not a barrier at all for him. People just assume because he has four kids, he won’t want to move, but Adam is open to moving. Adam wants the security of a longer-term deal certainly. There’s no point signing one-year deals if you plan on playing for three or four more years. He will get a three-year deal wherever he chooses to go, he is 30 years of age and Benji Marshall (Souths teammate) has shown playmakers can play until their mid-30s.”

Meanwhile, the Sharks are rumoured to be considering Anthony Milford instead. But that's more speculation based on who else is coming to market than anything solid.

McHunt

Currently laughing my ass off at the reaction of the Sharks supporters lol
I had to pop into their forums after this and you are not wrong haha.
They are making up all sorts of nonsense to justify it, including us paying him a million a season for 4 years.

I did read an interesting rumor there regarding Klemmer though, apparently he is not liked by his teammates at the Knights or the staff and his options are drying up fast.
The doggies apparently got in touch with him when Barrett took over and he was a dick to them about it, so now he is getting the silent treatment from the doggies as well.

Sounds like the type of bloke you dont want at your club, like Moose, but without the mongrel in him.

haha and another gem.

*Please let me strongly reiterate that it is allegedly in the NRL's very best interest to have the Broncos successful again.

I have stated this alleged fact many times before, don't for a moment think the NRL is made of 16 equal partners (Clubs).

The NRL are absolutely thrilled that Reynolds has gone to the Broncos allegedly*

They are really stinging over losing (potentially) Reynolds.

Sharkies are also talking about being in a bidding war with the Titans for Milford.

/popcorn

I had to pop into their forums after this and you are not wrong haha.
They are making up all sorts of nonsense to justify it, including us paying him a million a season for 4 years.

I did read an interesting rumor there regarding Klemmer though, apparently he is not liked by his teammates at the Knights or the staff and his options are drying up fast.
The doggies apparently got in touch with him when Barrett took over and he was a dick to them about it, so now he is getting the silent treatment from the doggies as well.

Sounds like the type of bloke you dont want at your club, like Moose, but without the mongrel in him.
I thought it was pretty telling that he didn't make it into the leadership group after Pearce was sacked as captain.... I think he's been named as a training captain or some shit, but I thought they named a group of captains to replace Pearce and he didn't get named.

Saifiti, Brayley and these other guys getting named captain ahead of him looked like the end of his time at knights

Why is this Klemmer rumour still getting traction? Klemmer has dismissed it, Lockyer dismissed it and it makes no sense whatsoever.

The only concern with Reynolds is his injury history. Perhaps that’s why South’s were only offering one year deals. But really you take that risk with anyone.

Jack Bird is a perfect example.

I’m really happy we’ve been able to land this signing. It’s a huge signing for us. He’s exactly what we need in the spine. An experienced old head that can steer a team around, has a good kicking game and is calm under pressure. Now hopefully Turpin can up his game so he’s getting good service from dummy half.

I think we’re still short one more star signing off being a genuine premiership threat. Let’s see what Dave and Kevvie can come up with.

Why is this Klemmer rumour still getting traction? Klemmer has dismissed it, Lockyer dismissed it and it makes no sense whatsoever.
Probably just because Klemmer is on the outer at Knights and his manager is trying to drum up interest.
I am glad we didn't go for him though.

The only concern with Reynolds is his injury history. Perhaps that’s why South’s were only offering one year deals. But really you take that risk with anyone.

Jack Bird is a perfect example.

I’m really happy we’ve been able to land this signing. It’s a huge signing for us. He’s exactly what we need in the spine. An experienced old head that can steer a team around, has a good kicking game and is calm under pressure. Now hopefully Turpin can up his game so he’s getting good service from dummy half.

I think we’re still short one more star signing off being a genuine premiership threat. Let’s see what Dave and Kevvie can come up with.
Wasn't his injury history debunked?
Its not like he is a Dugan or Moylan.

TeamYearsAppTGGK %FGPtsWLDWin %
South SydneyNRL 201227397/11485.09%22081710062.96%Match list
South SydneyNRL 2013264100/11190.09%2218197073.08%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201426795/12079.17%3221188069.23%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201518153/6581.54%1111108055.56%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201616243/5775.44%19579043.75%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201721267/7688.16%2144912042.86%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201824593/12475.00%5211159062.50%Match list
South SydneyNRL 201925396/11782.05%3207178068.00%Match list
South SydneyNRL 202023698/11585.22%1221149060.87%Match list
South SydneyNRL 20218336/4481.82%28871087.50%Match list
Overall2012-202121436778/94382.50%221,72413381062.15%Match list
2016 was his worst year with 16 games played.

I would be fine with the club keeping Milford.

I would like to see how he plays when he has an actual organizing halfback playing next to him for once. If not at half, I think he still has a future at fullback.

Kevvie deserves a lot of credit, you can see with some of the performances he has started to instill the Bronco attitude into the playing group and now with this signing, it's got to be one of the biggest in the club's history

I know we've dished out some hefty amounts of money on players before but purely where the club is and where we'd like to be, it's got to be up there

Milford would be perfect next to Reynolds, it's exactly what we've been crying out for.. if Kevvie can somehow get Milford to stay, that would be the perfect scenario

The reports that we’re chasing Gagai better not be true. He’s past his prime and starting to show signs he’s washed up. Yet he will not come cheap. Better save the money for a quality fullback and dummy half.

PS. Welcome to the family, Adam!!

haha and another gem.

*Please let me strongly reiterate that it is allegedly in the NRL's very best interest to have the Broncos successful again.

I have stated this alleged fact many times before, don't for a moment think the NRL is made of 16 equal partners (Clubs).

The NRL are absolutely thrilled that Reynolds has gone to the Broncos allegedly*

They are really stinging over losing (potentially) Reynolds.

Sharkies are also talking about being in a bidding war with the Titans for Milford.

/popcorn

The best ones are the ones making comparison to Jack Bird, Jack Bird came to us with a pre-existing injury and when he actually was out there fully fit he looked the goods. Just had no luck with injuries.

Reynolds comes to us being the cornerstone of that Souths team for the past 10 years, there is zero comparison. The only relation is the salt they have knowing they missed out and will have to settle for someone like an Ash Taylor and now suddenly they are talking about Milford like he could be the gun half that they need, after death riding him for the last 5 years.

Cry me a fucking river Cronulla fans.

I do feel bad for Souths fans though, they might have fucked up here by letting their star half go to the market.

The reports that we’re chasing Gagai better not be true. He’s past his prime and starting to show signs he’s washed up. Yet he will not come cheap. Better save the money for a quality fullback and dummy half.

PS. Welcome to the family, Adam!!
I'd take Gagai for the right money, a massive part of the Broncos problems these past few seasons have been a distinct lack of experience, and Gagai would being that in spades.

Not sure we need Gagai, although Staggs on one edge and Gagai on the other would be a nightmare for any team to defend against

I'd take Gagai for the right money, a massive part of the Broncos problems these past few seasons have been a distinct lack of experience, and Gagai would being that in spades.
Yep, he’s very experienced at 30 years of age this year. But he’s also reportedly on 650k at Souths so I just don’t think we’ll get the best bang for our buck for a declining player, even if he accepts a pay cut.

Happy with the Reynolds signing, given it is 3 years, I hope they find a bright, upcoming junior halfback and have Reynolds mentor him for the next 3 years so we have someone ready to replace him, rather than just being in the same boat again in 3 years.

Less fussed on Hynes, though he looks decent. We need a better fullback clearly, but I still think a better hooker is a more urgent priority for this team. Donuts and Kev should definitely be rolling out the red carpet for the cheese…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.