PLAYER Adam Reynolds

I recommend that everyone read this article on Adam Reynolds.

Great read, and it very much sounds like for Adam, nothing has really changed since he first arrived in Brisbane. I remember reading an article in the CM just weeks after his arrival, where he stated that it was always his hope and dream that when his current contract was up, he would be able to go around for one more year with The Broncos. It was great new for The Broncs then, and great news for us now.

I recommend that everyone read this article on Adam Reynolds.

The team needs to take his advice here

“Rugby league is the simplest game you can play. You run hard, tackle hard, keep possession of the ball and kick to corners. It’s not that hard. We can overcomplicate it at times”

Stop trying to score off every play

“Rugby league is the simplest game you can play. You run hard, tackle hard, keep possession of the ball and kick to corners. It’s not that hard. We can overcomplicate it at times”

Yup, the young guys need to learn to build pressure. This is something we have NOT gotten right for sooo many years. Score or look for a repeat set. Keep it simple, keep up the pressure and the defence will give. Reyno is starting to instill this in the team and it is vitally important to our title chances IMO. With the strike power we have, we just need to respect the ball and the points will flow. If we can get this right, there's no-one we can't beat. See Round 1 for an example.

Yup, the young guys need to learn to build pressure. This is something we have NOT gotten right for sooo many years. Score or look for a repeat set. Keep it simple, keep up the pressure and the defence will give. Reyno is starting to instill this in the team and it is vitally important to our title chances IMO. With the strike power we have, we just need to respect the ball and the points will flow. If we can get this right, there's no-one we can't beat. See Round 1 for an example.
This is a tangent from me somewhat but I guess it’s on topic because Kev has said it was Adam’s suggestion but this is part of why I would rather Jensen start and Flegler off the bench. It is a perfect reflection of the attitude problem.

Jensen represents going about your work, grinding out a platform to build off of and winning the arm wrestle in the early stages of the game.
Flegler represents exciting plays, offloads, aggression, big hits, X factor.

By starting Flegler first, you are doing the team selection version of trying to score off every play. Rather than showing patience and bringing Flegler on once we have earned the right to play footy.

Walsh was guilty of that last week .
Trying too hard to make things happen .

Question for everyone here, is he our best New South Welshman signing in our history?

Lazarus is obviously the biggest competition for the spot but damn, he plugged a hole we so badly needed more then anything I can remember.
Most important signing in our history, QLDer or not.

I reckon reyno becomes a broncos staffer when he retires as well. I hope they offer him another 1 year contract with a second year in his favor. Even if he's injured he's still worth his weight in gold.

Walsh was guilty of that last week .
Trying too hard to make things happen .
Yeah he was the same against the dragons. It’s his biggest flaw and was the issue at the warriors. He goes for the hero play at the wrong times.

I reckon reyno becomes a broncos staffer when he retires as well. I hope they offer him another 1 year contract with a second year in his favor. Even if he's injured he's still worth his weight in gold.
He’ll take over Alf’s job when he is no longer able

Yeah he was the same against the dragons. It’s his biggest flaw and was the issue at the warriors. He goes for the hero play at the wrong times.

Took him 3 or 4 attempts to put Selwyn away .
Seemed to have more time to execute on the left . But it was Capewell running inside shoulder lines at Milf that created that time . Lookin at you Jordan Rikki .

I remember Stacey Jones wanted him to chill with the hero plays .

Most important signing in our history, QLDer or not.
I'm still not sure.......

I guess one thing is becoming clear, when ARey is off
so is the rest of the team.

I'm also not sure who to blame that on...ARey or the team?

Still winning when being a bit off though, which is important.
For now.....

last year it was no coincidence when Reynolds ribs were gone........so were we.

Yeah but we are yet to see Jock have a run, so our depth isn’t known yet. But it is true our fortunes are tied to Reyno.
Same dilemma as when Locky was getting ready to call it a day........ who's the next star playmaker
and I mean ...star
not just average to good .....a star....
?

It certainly gains one's perspective on the immense pressure Anthony Milford must have had....... inadvertently, forced upon him.

Same dilemma as when Locky was getting ready to call it a day........ who's the next star playmaker
and I mean ...star
not just average to good .....a star....
?

It certainly gains one's perspective on the immense pressure Anthony Milford must have had....... inadvertently, forced upon him.

I think the club is more willing now after Reyno to go to the market when necessary. Which is good, developing from within is good but so is paying for proven talent when available and that upgrades on a roster spot or fills a gap.

Put a top 7 next to Milf after Hunt left and a lot of the pain of the last few years probably doesn’t happen. Huge mistake in retrospect.

Put a top 7 next to Milf after Hunt left and a lot of the pain of the last few years probably doesn’t happen. Huge mistake in retrospect.

Was not pairing ARey with Milford worth at least one season......?
I thought so. It would have been the first time he would have had a controlling playmaker around to run the show, since Hunt....... and with Hunt, we saw the best Milford.

Nothing against mam.....but I think it was a mistake to let him (Milford) go when we did.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • davidp
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.