PLAYER Adam Reynolds

Was not pairing ARey with Milford worth at least one season......?
I thought so. It would have been the first time he would have had a controlling playmaker around to run the show, since Hunt....... and with Hunt, we saw the best Milford.

Nothing against mam.....but I think it was a mistake to let him (Milford) go when we did.

I think the ship has sailed unfortunately with Milf. He will never recapture his 2015-2016 form or fitness. And his mentality was bad for the club.
I think the reyno/mam has shades of Milf/hunt in some ways. Reynos attack has improved dramatically since arriving here and mam offers similar attacking flair as a young Milford .

I thought so. It would have been the first time he would have had a controlling playmaker around to run the show, since Hunt....... and with Hunt, we saw the best Milford.

Nothing against mam.....but I think it was a mistake to let him (Milford) go when we did.

The only mistake was keeping Milford as long as we did. His commitment to fitness never matched his natural ability, and that x-factor is long gone. Mam brings so much more defensively and offensively.

There is a reason Wayne Bennett has him in reserve grade.

What is it with Milford and people still thinking he isn't shit, I don't get it.

He isn't the player he was, just watch how he played back then to recent years, the mental side of his game is where the decline has came from, Talent without a desire to push yourself goes no where and fades out.

Would take Mam over Milford without even thinking about it.

Milford lost his chance himself. He didn't deserve to wear our jersey ever again.

Same dilemma as when Locky was getting ready to call it a day........ who's the next star playmaker
and I mean ...star
not just average to good .....a star....
?

It certainly gains one's perspective on the immense pressure Anthony Milford must have had....... inadvertently, forced upon him.
Walsh is obviously a star playmaker, even if he’s doing so from fullback. If he continues to build he will only need someone who can control the forwards and kick on occasion. He’s an apparent student of the game and extremely vocal.

I actually think one option would be to transition Mam to 7 where he has played quite a few times and have Reynolds tutor him on stage basics of a halfback. Walsh plays a dominate 5/8 role like Locky or Munster. Cobbo learns to pass better and becomes a devastating running fullback.

Don’t like Walsh in the front line? Easy, put Cobbo at 6 in defence and 1 in attack. Now you’ve got a massive defender in the line while your 5/8 gets to chill out the back.

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Mam
9. Mozer

Milford was a fat **** who had no desire to improve himself.

He had a dominant playmaker at the Knights in Ponga. Dished up all the same old rubbish.

Only two coaches have been interested in him recently, Wayne with his sympathy contract and Obrien with his incompetence.

Walsh is obviously a star playmaker, even if he’s doing so from fullback. If he continues to build he will only need someone who can control the forwards and kick on occasion. He’s an apparent student of the game and extremely vocal.

I actually think one option would be to transition Mam to 7 where he has played quite a few times and have Reynolds tutor him on stage basics of a halfback. Walsh plays a dominate 5/8 role like Locky or Munster. Cobbo learns to pass better and becomes a devastating running fullback.

Don’t like Walsh in the front line? Easy, put Cobbo at 6 in defence and 1 in attack. Now you’ve got a massive defender in the line while your 5/8 gets to chill out the back.

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Mam
9. Mozer
Not sure if there's enough playmaking in that spine at present.

Cobbo and Ezra look to be runners at the moment... that would put a lot of pressure on Walsh to carry the playmaking duties

Not sure if there's enough playmaking in that spine at present.

Cobbo and Ezra look to be runners at the moment... that would put a lot of pressure on Walsh to carry the playmaking duties
That’s his current role. Mam would obviously need to develop in a number of areas but Walsh would do most the heavy lifting. Mozer is also very creative out of dummy half so much like Hughes at Melbourne, Mam would still be able to have a run first mentality

That’s his current role. Mam would obviously need to develop in a number of areas but Walsh would do most the heavy lifting. Mozer is also very creative out of dummy half so much like Hughes at Melbourne, Mam would still be able to have a run first mentality
Cam Smith showed the way on this front. Having basically an extra play maker on the field, a quick kick from DH - everyone's bascially onside, you're kicking from 10m in front of where your halves need to receive the ball etc.

I'd be happy for us not to do to Mam what we did to Milf - don't make him change his game too much. He's a great runner and chip/chaser. Keep that and improve it. If we need a dominant half, we'll need to produce or buy one.

Cam Smith showed the way on this front. Having basically an extra play maker on the field, a quick kick from DH - everyone's bascially onside, you're kicking from 10m in front of where your halves need to receive the ball etc.

I'd be happy for us not to do to Mam what we did to Milf - don't make him change his game too much. He's a great runner and chip/chaser. Keep that and improve it. If we need a dominant half, we'll need to produce or buy one.
It is probably running the same risk with turning Walsh into a dominant half but unlike Milf I think Walsh has the ego, mouth, and competitiveness to be a dominate half.

Walsh is coming along with the potential of being a Billy Slater type player at fullback and people are already thinking of moving him to 5/8? I have an idea... I know it's crazy but lets keep him at fullback. Keep Mam at 5/8 and replace Reynolds with someone who can manage a game when he hangs up the boots. Billy Slater was a player that just gave us nightmares whenever we played the Storm... I think Walsh can be that for us.

Walsh is coming along with the potential of being a Billy Slater type player at fullback and people are already thinking of moving him to 5/8? I have an idea... I know it's crazy but lets keep him at fullback. Keep Mam at 5/8 and replace Reynolds with someone who can manage a game when he hangs up the boots. Billy Slater was a player that just gave us nightmares whenever we played the Storm... I think Walsh can be that for us.
I always thought Walsh would move to the halves at some point but I'm quite content with him at fullback for a few years. I think Cobbo is wasted on the wing but he also needs time to mature, gain confidence and develop a football brain before moving to fullback.

I always thought Walsh would move to the halves at some point but I'm quite content with him at fullback for a few years. I think Cobbo is wasted on the wing but he also needs time to mature, gain confidence and develop a football brain before moving to fullback.

Happy for Cobbo to play centre next year, would see more ball and I think he would be great there.

IMO halfback shouldn't be a livewire like Walsh is. They are there to control the game, keep composed, make sure the ball is going to the right people in order to wear down opposition targets etc.
Yep, an organiser who is able to execute a game plan, straighten the attack, has a good pass on them and a quality kicking game.

No bells and whistles needed.

Yep, an organiser who is able to execute a game plan, straighten the attack, has a good pass on them and a quality kicking game.

No bells and whistles needed.

We need Peter Wallace!

tumblr_pivef6COQl1qhrm3lo1_540.gifv

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Mustafur
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.