PLAYER Adam Reynolds

I always say alignment, Kev needs to align the club, so everyone is on the same page doing the same thing for the same cause. The Broncos don't have that apex clear enough.

The top needs to be what is an NRL Bronco like and then everyone is producing that.

It's too muddled at the moment. That may be Dave, but it needs to be done.

Kev as a day-to-day coach can do the job well but the things that are around him aren't working as well as they could. If you fix those things, you will fix a lot of things that have gone wrong this year.

The Broncos artwork at the moment is like a prep, there is a bit of glitter a pipe cleaner and a house with a tiger outside. It's not clear.

It sounds like you think the footy team and its staff are OK.
But upper management and support staff are not.
That feels like its been an issue for a long time. Benny came in and it felt like he was righting the ship
and then he left half way through.

DD not performing is what I'm taking away as the underlining comment. How that actually then bleeds down to affect the playing performance of the team, I'm unsure.

Listen to Kevvie speak in any presser or interview and it’s hardly surprising that a football department he runs could be described as muddled, unclear or unaligned. I’m not sold on the narrative that ikin was some sort of savant, but I’m not sure he was ever really given the chance to do the job properly because Kevvie bristled at him stepping on his toes & donuts reportedly failed to designate responsibilities properly.

I think you really nailed this post, right at the end.

Well said. 👍

I think I nail every post I make.

Not possible. Kevvie never takes any credit for anything, @1910 does nothing but big note himself - chalk and cheese.

Multiple shoulder reconstructions they said. Not easy to pat yourself on the back in the manner that he does.

All stats that place the blame on lack of effort and care as opposed to poor coaching.
I’d argue the defensive stats on paper could show a poorly coached side, as far as the attack goes you just need to look at our last few performances to know it’s not just about a lack of effort

I’d argue the defensive stats on paper could show a poorly coached side, as far as the attack goes you just need to look at our last few performances to know it’s not just about a lack of effort
When they don’t even get off the bus like they did on Saturday you can tell there’s an effort and commitment problem. We all can accept that coaching needs to improve

When they don’t even get off the bus like they did on Saturday you can tell there’s an effort and commitment problem. We all can accept that coaching needs to improve
Yep definitely, it’s a combination of both leading to the shit show we’ve got currently

Yep definitely, it’s a combination of both leading to the shit show we’ve got currently
I feel like we’ve let the players standards slip as opposed to poor coaching structure and tactics. Not to mention the endless acts of dumb football

I feel like we’ve let the players standards slip as opposed to poor coaching structure and tactics. Not to mention the endless acts of dumb football
The dumb footy is a result of losing focus which is a symptom of lack of coaching which is distinct from poor coaching.

The same can be said for our obvious absence of attacking and defending structures.
Both situations are results of lack of coaching.

Put simply - why are we hopeless at winning goal line drop outs? Lack of coaching.

We’re not being coached to practice this important aspect of the game.

The dumb footy is a result of losing focus which is a symptom of lack of coaching which is distinct from poor coaching.

The same can be said for our obvious absence of attacking and defending structures.
Both situations are results of lack of coaching.

Put simply - why are we hopeless at winning goal line drop outs? Lack of coaching.

We’re not being coached to practice this important aspect of the game.
If you say so

I think it's both. Payne's headless-chook run and grubber last Saturday was certainly not coached. How do we not know what to do in the attacking red zone? I mean, I know we hardly ever get there but we should still have at least a basic plan for when we get there, right? Something other than throw it to the big boys or to Reece out the back? That's more than standards slipping, unfortunately, that's a complete lack of attacking fundamentals.

Just my opinion matey. I'm interested to hear what you think it is.
Dropping the ball and brain explosions aren't a coaching issue. This is a young team that hasn't put in the work and has let the fame of 2023 go to their head. It came too easy for them last year.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • KickHaas
  • Rambstien
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Battler
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.