PLAYER Adam Reynolds

I think it's both. Payne's headless-chook run and grubber last Saturday was certainly not coached. How do we not know what to do in the attacking red zone? I mean, I know we hardly ever get there but we should still have at least a basic plan for when we get there, right? Something other than throw it to the big boys or to Reece out the back? That's more than standards slipping, unfortunately, that's a complete lack of attacking fundamentals.
Maybe we do have a plan for in the red zone but there's a few reasons we might not be able to execute this.
Not getting in the red zone.
A different backrower every few games or during games through injury.
Madden and Rogers can't do what Reynolds does.
Sailor can't do what Walsh does.
Players like Payne on the weekend crabbing across field and kicking when we're ment to get to points on the field to execute plays.
Patty's having to move to a edge.

When we had Tesi and Martin swapping between fullback you could see the difference in the plays we could pull off when each one played. Same situations with Walsh V Sailor and Reynolds V Madden.

Dropping the ball and brain explosions aren't a coaching issue. This is a young team that hasn't put in the work and has let the fame of 2023 go to their head. It came too easy for them last year.
I agree but if they've not put in the work who would you say was responsible for making sure they did?

All stats that place the blame on lack of effort and care as opposed to poor coaching.
I think it's gotta be both. You can't be running dead last or in the bottom 4 for most of the key stats and say there isn't a coaching issue. And stats aside the team just doesn't really look like it's coached a lot of the time this season.

I think it's gotta be both. You can't be running dead last or in the bottom 4 for most of the key stats and say there isn't a coaching issue. And stats aside the team just doesn't really look like it's coached a lot of the time this season.
I think there is improvements needed but when the effort is obviously so far down it is the players that need the rocket IMO

This has to make it an attractive proposition for highly regarded assistant coaches though. Imagine the prospect of being perceived as the assistant who gets these guys to their potential, puts you in the shop window.

If it doesn’t work, just blame Kevvie, everyone else does anyway.

I think there is improvements needed but when the effort is obviously so far down it is the players that need the rocket IMO
If you have 3 or 4 players playing poorly you can blame the players, if you have 28 players doing it, you probably need to look higher.

If you have 3 or 4 players playing poorly you can blame the players, if you have 28 players doing it, you probably need to look higher.
We’ve all got opinions that will differ.

We’ve all got opinions that will differ.
I just don’t see how there’s any other conclusion. How can 20 men have bad attitudes at work for 4 years and questions not start being asked of the boss.

I just don’t see how there’s any other conclusion. How can 20 men have bad attitudes at work for 4 years and questions not start being asked of the boss.
Questions are being asked about the boss. There’s also a full overhaul of the coaching staff about to happen.

20 men haven't had bad attitudes at work for 4 years.

In the first 3 years that Kevvie was in the job results improved each year. one poor year doesn't negate that.

I mean where would the Roosters be if they sacked Trent Robinson after 2016. would they have gone on to win back-to-back premierships? in 2016, the Roosters (like us, this year) were decimated by injury and ended up finishing in 2nd last place. Fortunately for the Roosters, their board looked at the first 3 years of Robinson's tenure and gave him an opportunity to right the ship ... the rest, as they say, was history.

20 men haven't had bad attitudes at work for 4 years.

In the first 3 years that Kevvie was in the job results improved each year. one poor year doesn't negate that.

I mean where would the Roosters be if they sacked Trent Robinson after 2016. would they have gone on to win back-to-back premierships? in 2016, the Roosters (like us, this year) were decimated by injury and ended up finishing in 2nd last place. Fortunately for the Roosters, their board looked at the first 3 years of Robinson's tenure and gave him an opportunity to right the ship ... the rest, as they say, was history.
Robinson’s first season he won a premiership, a minor premiership and dally m coach of the year.
2014 he won the minor prem again
2015 minor prem again.

Roosters finished 13th the year before started.

Kev finished 14th in his first year with 7 wins 17 losses.
Second season finished 9th in the most embarrassing way possible.
3rd season he finished second and made it to a grand final, to lose to the biggest comeback in NRL grand final history.

Now he is almost certain to have missed the finals again.

Comparing him to Robinson is a pretty big reach. Kev has missed the finals 3 out of 4 years now.

I agree but if they've not put in the work who would you say was responsible for making sure they did?
According to most people on this forum KW isn’t accountable or responsible for anything. He gets all the credit for turning us around post seibold, but is not even remotely responsible for this steaming pile that is 2024.

According to most people on this forum KW isn’t accountable or responsible for anything. He gets all the credit for turning us around post seibold, but is not even remotely responsible for this steaming pile that is 2024.

Not sure you are referring to the right forum here. It is literally the opposite. Is there a bizarro Broncos forum out there somewhere?

Not sure you are referring to the right forum here. It is literally the opposite. Is there a bizarro Broncos forum out there somewhere?
Perhaps a noisy minority then
Feels like I see a lot of Kevvie defenders
Maybe I notice it more because it annoys me

Perhaps a noisy minority then
Feels like I see a lot of Kevvie defenders
Maybe I notice it more because it annoys me

It's 50/50. It blows my mind how people believe the coaching staff isn't partly accountable for the garbage this year lol. The go to usually is " tHE cOaCh cAnT mAKe ThE pLaYeRS nOT dROP tHE bALL." It's like clockwork.

If anything it displays how poorly prepared and coached the side is.

It's 50/50. It blows my mind how people believe the coaching staff isn't partly accountable for the garbage this year lol. The go to usually is " tHE cOaCh cAnT mAKe ThE pLaYeRS nOT dROP tHE bALL." It's like clockwork.

If anything it displays how poorly prepared and coached the side is.
You’ll most likely find even the most passionate Kevvie defenders are well aware that he’s not perfect and still needs to get better

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.