PLAYER Adam Reynolds

I find it funny that Tallis is calling for Reyno to be stripped of the captaincy and Patty to be made captain because of the attitude of the side but fails to recognize that Patty was captain while Reyno was out and the attitude still stunk.

Patty will be a great captain one day, but today is not that day. He's not ready yet.
Yeah it’s almost like the captain isn’t the problem 🤔

I mean honestly, we are talking like these guys have just forgotten the ability to play good football. I understand why we are thinking this and agree but could it just be something really quite simple? Initially our form was due to errors, and discipline. Through origin we were actually Defending quite well but we just never got possession because of errors and discipline.

Against the bulldogs our completion rate was actually quite good, we had less errors and conceded less penalties. It was our Defence that was exposed and it was almost ultimately Cobbo's side that let us down. Some of their points came off fluke plays but their field position was almost gifted purely to poor defence on Cobbos side.

Bit hard to perceive it well when Tallis using words like “strip” and talking about how he has failed to stand up as a captain.

If his intention is truly what you have suggested then he has articulated it in the worst possible way.

He seemed to be trying to clarify that tonight and head down the path I thought he intended.

I mean honestly, we are talking like these guys have just forgotten the ability to play good football. I understand why we are thinking this and agree but could it just be something really quite simple? Initially our form was due to errors, and discipline. Through origin we were actually Defending quite well but we just never got possession because of errors and discipline.

Against the bulldogs our completion rate was actually quite good, we had less errors and conceded less penalties. It was our Defence that was exposed and it was almost ultimately Cobbo's side that let us down. Some of their points came off fluke plays but their field position was almost gifted purely to poor defence on Cobbos side.
And the bulldogs playing their best game of the season.

Mariner was making poor decisions in defence and Cobbos head was somewhere else.
Those 2 players shouldn't be defending next to each other on their good days.
Throw to the mix Ezra had Kobe as his backrower for the first time.

There was a write up on broncos defence on the Rugby League Eye Test (link below), which basically boiled down to broncos are letting their opposition get into good scoring positions too often, which is not dissimilar to last year, but this year the goal line defence is letting them down, but last year's was also godly (i.e. difficult to sustain compared to just not letting them get near your goal line).

They're also not getting into good enough positions to score... not always a concern for us as we're basically the best in the comp at scoring from distance. However, there is a limit to that and we are the worst in the comp for tackles inside our own 50m, which has actually been worse than 2020 and 2021. Our tackles inside the opposition 20m is also the lowest in the comp and the lowest the broncos have had in the last decade.

So basically we're conceding too many soft meters... through the crap catch and wrap that we've employed this year... and we're not making any meters in yardage... meaning we are getting dominated in field position.

Opponent's basically just need to complete their sets and they will end up winning the field position battle, which will eventually lead to points.

There was a write up on broncos defence on the Rugby League Eye Test (link below), which basically boiled down to broncos are letting their opposition get into good scoring positions too often, which is not dissimilar to last year, but this year the goal line defence is letting them down, but last year's was also godly (i.e. difficult to sustain compared to just not letting them get near your goal line).

They're also not getting into good enough positions to score... not always a concern for us as we're basically the best in the comp at scoring from distance. However, there is a limit to that and we are the worst in the comp for tackles inside our own 50m, which has actually been worse than 2020 and 2021. Our tackles inside the opposition 20m is also the lowest in the comp and the lowest the broncos have had in the last decade.

So basically we're conceding too many soft meters... through the crap catch and wrap that we've employed this year... and we're not making any meters in yardage... meaning we are getting dominated in field position.

Opponent's basically just need to complete their sets and they will end up winning the field position battle, which will eventually lead to points.

View attachment 28917

View attachment 28918
2014 hey? Must be Corey Oates fault

Tallis is an idiot who will come up with every & any excuse under the sun to absolve Kevvie from any responsibility. Anyone else and he would be calling for their head, and he would be right.

Bit hard to perceive it well when Tallis using words like “strip” and talking about how he has failed to stand up as a captain.

If his intention is truly what you have suggested then he has articulated it in the worst possible way.
My read on it is he meant what he said last night and Kevvie called him and told him to shut his fucking mouth.

I wonder who the players respect more, Kevvie or Reynolds? I suspect that’s a debate Kevvie doesn’t want aired publicly, but given its Kevvie’s mate who has been pushing the narrative about Reynolds while excusing the coaching I don’t think it’s a parallel that would go unnoticed by the playing group.

Asked on Triple M’s Rush Hour show if believes he is the right man to captain Brisbane to their first premiership since 2006, Reynolds said:

“Yes, I believe so.

“I have been bagged and pushed down my whole career. I understand the pressure that comes with it.

“But one of the greatest coaches in my career, Wayne Bennett, told me if you listen to the spectators, you end up sitting with them.

“It’s great advice.

“I’m not ready to sit in the stands yet. I still believe I am the right man for the job and until ‘Kevvie’ (coach Kevin Walters) or anyone else says otherwise, I will do it.”

Storm- Ponissi
Bulldogs- Gus
Titans-Laffranchi
Panthers- Wrigley
Roosters- Walker
Sharks- Mooney
Cowboys- Luck
Manly- Bonasera
Dolphins- Cleal
Warriors- Williams
Rabbitohs- Ellison
Tigers- Betsey
Knights- Parr
Dragons-Haran

Some call it GM and some HOF.
Interesting that 14 teams have one but we got rid of ours who is a known savvy operator. Well respected in the game. And before anyone corrects me he left on his own terms yeah sure ok. Aren't we pencilled in for 15th or something this year? Kevvie is starting to reek as a bit of a control freak tbh. Still can't hate the bloke though, I'm getting some Joe Biden vibes from him lately.

I wonder who the players respect more, Kevvie or Reynolds? I suspect that’s a debate Kevvie doesn’t want aired publicly, but given its Kevvie’s mate who has been pushing the narrative about Reynolds while excusing the coaching I don’t think it’s a parallel that would go unnoticed by the playing group.
You’re assuming Kevvie and Adam aren’t working well together and are t on the same page.

Asked on Triple M’s Rush Hour show if believes he is the right man to captain Brisbane to their first premiership since 2006, Reynolds said:

“Yes, I believe so.

“I have been bagged and pushed down my whole career. I understand the pressure that comes with it.

“But one of the greatest coaches in my career, Wayne Bennett, told me if you listen to the spectators, you end up sitting with them.

“It’s great advice.

“I’m not ready to sit in the stands yet. I still believe I am the right man for the job and until ‘Kevvie’ (coach Kevin Walters) or anyone else says otherwise, I will do it.”
Well… tone is really important here but there are some really interesting choices of words there.

Interesting that 14 teams have one but we got rid of ours who is a known savvy operator. Well respected in the game. And before anyone corrects me he left on his own terms yeah sure ok. Aren't we pencilled in for 15th or something this year? Kevvie is starting to reek as a bit of a control freak tbh. Still can't hate the bloke though, I'm getting some Joe Biden vibes from him lately.
Yep SOS ikin. Who did we have as assistant coaches last year? I don’t remember if Cartwright etc came then or this year.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morepudding
  • Dexter
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • upthebroncs
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.