PLAYER Adam Reynolds

Do we currently have a Head of Football?

I don't think so

I also don't think many clubs have a head of football. The only one I can think of that does is the Bulldogs

I don't think so

I also don't think many clubs have a head of football. The only one I can think of that does is the Bulldogs
Storm have Frank Ponisi. I'd be shocked if there weren't others.

Storm have Frank Ponisi. I'd be shocked if there weren't others.
I think Peter Parr in Newcastle as well... former cows CEO, but I think he's acting as a head of football down there as well 🤔🤔

I dont know why it's not more common.

European Soccer have them so do all the big US sports.

If you have a super experienced coach that can handle everything then you dont need one... but without one you're putting a lot of stress on the head coach.

It can also create confusion on who is who's boss, which was raised as an issue between Kevvie and Ikin, but I doubt the roles wouldnt have been identified by DD.

If the head coach is also meant to act as head of football, then they have a **** ton of things running beneath them other than just coaching the team.

Are they hiring and firing across the R&R?

Are they monitoring the pathways?

High performance including the team doctors, physios, etc.?

Are they hiring and firing in the team manager and admin (ie. Steve Walter's old role)?

Affiliate teams and their roles? (Probably CEO, but shouldn't the football dept have some say in direct pathways and reserve grade teams)

A head of football can cover all those things to leave the coach to coach.

A coach like Bennett has so many connections across the league that he can find trustworthy people to fill the roles above, but who does a rookie coach fall back on... and if it's not the coach then who does the CEO fall back on for football dept decisions

Patty showed nothing while Reynolds was out to suggest he is going to be a great captain. He doesn't strike me as a vocal guy.

He's really vocal, just doesnt really come across on TV. You can certainly what he is doing and hear him way more watching games at Suncorp.

Not comparing them as players or anything, but Milford was also way more vocal than people would think he was. I dont think it always translates well from what you see on TV.

Patty showed nothing while Reynolds was out to suggest he is going to be a great captain. He doesn't strike me as a vocal guy.
According to that one tape that everyone has seen he's highly capable of chat. Whether that chat is helpful or anyone listens is a matter for speculation. Just because someone is in your ear doesn't mean they're helpful. But maybe he is.

His captaincy record certainly hasn't spoken for itself. It's not real flash at all.

But he leads by example. First picked every week in my team.

He's really vocal, just doesnt really come across on TV. You can certainly what he is doing and hear him way more watching games at Suncorp.

Not comparing them as players or anything, but Milford was also way more vocal than people would think he was. I dont think it always translates well from what you see on TV.
I’ll try take more notice of it in the future. Just haven’t seen much of it from him.

I don't think so

Storm- Ponissi
Bulldogs- Gus
Titans-Laffranchi
Panthers- Wrigley
Roosters- Walker
Sharks- Mooney
Cowboys- Luck
Manly- Bonasera
Dolphins- Cleal
Warriors- Williams
Rabbitohs- Ellison
Tigers- Betsey
Knights- Parr
Dragons-Haran

Some call it GM and some HOF.

Carrigan is absolutely fantastic Monday-Friday he's a great leader and when he was Queensland captain, he was unreal in the lead up to the game and post-game. Great leadership in camp and at Broncos' training.

For 80 minutes he's a do and follow me leader like Alf. Very enthusiastic on the field.

Storm- Ponissi
Bulldogs- Gus
Titans-Laffranchi
Panthers- Wrigley
Roosters- Walker
Sharks- Mooney
Cowboys- Luck
Manly- Bonasera
Dolphins- Cleal
Warriors- Williams
Rabbitohs- Ellison
Tigers- Betsey
Knights- Parr
Dragons-Haran

Some call it GM and some HOF.
So who's ours and are they any good?

Carrigan is absolutely fantastic Monday-Friday he's a great leader and when he was Queensland captain, he was unreal in the lead up to the game and post-game. Great leadership in camp and at Broncos' training.

For 80 minutes he's a do and follow me leader like Alf. Very enthusiastic on the field.
Is that what the team needs?? I kind of feel like they need someone to grill them a bit. Can’t imagine Gordie not raging at this lot if he was skipper. Patty is the standard and sets it but he didn’t seem to get the guys to follow him.

Is that what the team needs?? I kind of feel like they need someone to grill them a bit. Can’t imagine Gordie not raging at this lot if he was skipper. Patty is the standard and sets it but he didn’t seem to get the guys to follow him.
Actually, Gordie comes to mind when I think of a fantastic player (in my top 3 of all time) who led by example, but probably wasn't much good at captaincy beyond yelling "come on youse *****."

He's not a ranter and raver no.

Carrigan is much more intelligent and considered than that. Does anyone really need let's bash 'em yelled at them?

He's not a ranter and raver no.

Carrigan is much more intelligent and considered than that. Does anyone really need let's bash 'em yelled at them?
I don’t know but I feel like a bit of a rev up and some mongrel at times wouldn’t hurt either. We’re a very passive club at the moment.

I am not sure Tallis is right, but I think he's getting at making a change to free up Reynolds not punish him.

When Ponting gave up the captaincy to Clarke it meant he didn't have any of the media or extra stuff around him and he could just bat and try and get another two years out of him.

Alf didn't have the captaincy when he came back for the same reason. He didn't need it he could do the same job without it.

If it would release some burden on Reynolds and allow him to just play on Sunday then It's certainly worth a thought.

The only thing would be is he happy and how does he perceive it?
Bit hard to perceive it well when Tallis using words like “strip” and talking about how he has failed to stand up as a captain.

If his intention is truly what you have suggested then he has articulated it in the worst possible way.

Active Now

• barker
  • thenry
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • leish107
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.