PLAYER Adam Reynolds

Just a little bit premature. Seems a few people are getting more excited by Reyno than a teenage boy with fish fingers in a movie cinema...

Reynolds (total wins in a Broncos jersey) - 5
Kevin fucking Walters (premierships in a Broncos jersey) - 5

While I too am barring up hard for what Reyno is offering as well - he has a little way to go until he usurps Kevvie on the all time list of Broncos halves.

He is definitely the best since Locky though IMO.
Houston, there is a significant problem if @mrslong is barring up hard for reynolds (just saying).

Like many, I've been loving having Reyno here and he's removed any doubt about his signing. Never doubted his talent, nor his motivation, but how many times now have our big signings not worked out and they've left a season or two later and left us in a bigger hole than we started.

Not that that would've been in Adam's control - just seems to be the way things have gone for us over the last decade or so. There was also a bit of 'I don't believe he'll be here until he's here', and that's some Inglis-signing PTSD, and then he missed the first week with the Rona, we lost 4 of the next 5 even with him there and the whole thing was looking a little bit shaky at the time, albeit due to a lot of new players learning combinations

but jeez this last month has been brilliant. And he has shown he's more than a game manager and great kicker - he has 11 try assists and 4 tries himself in only 9 games. Coupled with the some excellent decisions in recruiting and team selections by Kev and co and we're sitting pretty for a fair shot this season.

Like @mrslong said in the opening post, he's the Luke Hodge to our Lions and they're a team attracting good players and challenging for a title every year now

Purely counting halfbacks, not any other spine member:

1. Alfie
2. Reynolds
3. Hunt
4. Perry
5. Prince (he just started to fire with us before leaving)
6. Dearden
7. Seymour
8. Croft

Something like that. The top two were a level above everyone else, though Hunt’s 2015 is up there. It is then daylight after that.

Just to clarify, you're putting Croft and Dearden above:

Benji
Shaun Berrigan (had some appearances in the #7)
Ikin
Kodi
Wallace

lol

Benji
Ikin
Kodi
Wallace

lol
Also a very brief appearance from Ash Taylor 😋

Purely counting halfbacks, not any other spine member:

1. Alfie
2. Reynolds
3. Hunt
4. Perry
5. Prince (he just started to fire with us before leaving)
6. Dearden
7. Seymour
8. Croft

Something like that. The top two were a level above everyone else, though Hunt’s 2015 is up there. It is then daylight after that.
Am I right in assuming that your list only contains mere mortals? Obviously it didn't seem right to have Turpin first, daylight second, Langer third, so on and so forth.

Benji
Ikin
Kodi
Wallace

lol
Karmichel also played halfback a few times in his prime here

Am I right in assuming that your list only contains mere mortals? Obviously it didn't seem right to have Turpin first, daylight second, Langer third, so on and so forth.

Jake has only lost 33% of games playing in the halves, 0% at five-eighth.

We just put him at hooker to give all the other teams a chance for a few years

Benji
Ikin
Kodi
Wallace

lol

I already admitted I forgot Wallace and Kevvie was always a 6 in my mind but that was rightly corrected a few posts later. I mean come on, the list is hardly extensive is it. Obviously I wasn’t counting guys who didn’t play full seasons there, otherwise I believe I would have had to include Dave Taylor I think.

If we are looking at a potential successor to train under Reynolds…what about…getting Tanah Boyd back? He’s stagnated at the Titans and defensively at least, his training at 9 there will have improved that surely. He’s got a nice boot too.

Jake has only lost 33% of games playing in the halves, 0% at five-eighth.

We just put him at hooker to give all the other teams a chance for a few years
Yes, of course. it all makes sense now. It must also be true then that the NRL has instructed him to play hooker in a way that channels an injured Andrew McCullough so that he doesn't ruin the NRL's whole narrative that Cameron Smith is the greatest of all time.

If we are looking at a potential successor to train under Reynolds…what about…getting Tanah Boyd back? He’s stagnated at the Titans and defensively at least, his training at 9 there will have improved that surely. He’s got a nice boot too.
He is another one that showed a lot of potential coming through, and I thought would become a top-level halfback. But for some reason the Titans have pigeon holed him into playing pretty much exclusively as a hooker. I know people always say to play where the team needs you, but in some instances I feel it's wrong. He has always been a halfback, and now by being forced to play a position unnatural to him, he has not developed properly at halfback, and he probably will never be anything more than an average bench hooker. His entire career has been derailed.

If we're talking former Broncos U20's halfbacks there's also Paix.

Mozer is on the horizon, although probably too far away to start forcing Paix out... but if he comes on like it's expected what happens to Paix.

Is a dreamboat! He is easily the best halfback we’ve had since Alan Langer. In fact, the start to the season he’s had I’m ready to rearrange my all time broncos halves list.

1 Darren Lockyer
2 Alan Langer
3 Adam Reynolds
4 Kevin Walters
5 Wally Lewis
———-daylight
6 Ben Hunt

Maybe it’s premature to put him above Kevvie, but he has literally no one with him in The spine and he has put this team on his back and taught them to play footballl.

I said a couple of years ago the Broncos need to do what the lions did with Luke Hodge (bring in an experienced winner/legend to teach the boys what It means to be a winner) and it appears they’ve done exactly that.

wow.
I’m loving having Reynolds in the team as much as anyone, but you cannot overlook the fact Walters was a half at the club for 5 premierships.
1. Langer
2. Walters
3. Lockyer
4. Reynolds

There is every chance he plays on beyond this contract so if you are looking for someone to under study him maybe look for a high rated isc player to spend a few years picking his brain.

Slothfield is giving Chris Johns the credit for trumping the Sharks bid for ARey and getting him here.

Says Johns flew to Sydney with his great friend Kevvie, to meet with Reynolds and his wife at their home and sell the Broncos story.

Says Reynolds was so impressed with the pitch that he signed the following week.

No mention of DD in the article

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.