PLAYER Adam Reynolds

We really should have come out and made complaints about the way our halfback was treated those few weeks. It's really fucked our season up.

Yep 240 odd games of NRL .
Those mean old coaches and physios forcing a rookie to play when he didn`t want to . He should sue .

I wouldn't bite mate, he is has disappeared down the rabbit hole.
But I don't even understand the response. I just said we shouldn't be happy with a few of those tackles on Reynolds and should have voiced it. I don't even know which rookie he's talking about haha. Seems rational.

But I don't even understand the response. I just said we shouldn't be happy with a few of those tackles on Reynolds and should have voiced it. I don't even know which rookie he's talking about haha. Seems rational.
I think he is back on the attacking Reynolds and his form as some form of defence of Tesi mode. He is being sarcastic and suggesting that Reynolds as a 240 game veteran has been forced to play despite being injured. As I said, I am not looking for logic or rational debate at this stage, that horse has bolted, the barn door has been shut and locked and the gate on the paddock has also been chained shut.

I just noticed that ARey is sitting second in the NRL for try assists this year, just behind Mitch Moses.

NRL.com credits him with 18 (Moses with 20)
Fox Sports credits him with 20 (Moses with 23)

Wayne Bennett's "secret phone call" to Alfie after the Souths contact falllout:

“Alf, tell Kevin to sign Adam Reynolds. Tell him to just do it. Adam will not let you down.”​

Bennett:
“It’s a great achievement for Adam to play 250 games. I never had any doubts he would do well for Brisbane this year. I’m glad they signed him actually. The one thing I learned a long time ago as a coach is you need great players. Adam is a great player. He is a real pro. He reminds me a lot of Alf in that he has the cheek of a halfback, but when he crosses the line there is no greater competitor. He wouldn’t have looked out of place in the 1980s and ‘90s with his character and the way he plays the game. We clicked straight away at Souths."​
“I chose him as captain because I liked his calmness, his demeanour and the way he conducted himself in the change room. He was never outspoken. He never talked out of order. He doesn’t talk bulls***. Whatever Adam says he means, he only ever said things that he would deliver on. I like that in my captains - and that’s what he has brought to the Broncos.”​

“One thing that pisses me off is people who question his training because he is so committed to his preparation. It’s a myth that he is injury prone. There was all this crap about him being on modified training at Souths. It soured him and it soured me. It was so far off the mark. Adam is a bloody tough bugger. He has great courage. He is not a big man yet he has played 11 years now against the biggest and best players in the NRL and he has handled it all. You can’t be his size, achieve what he has, and not be brave.”​

Reynolds:

“I was obsessed with kicking the ball when I was young. I was probably a bit of a punish around the streets, whether I was hitting parked cars or missing the telegraph pole. We had a game we liked to play - me and my brother, my cousin and best mate - called two-on-two in pretty small spaces. We came up with new ways to play the game. We were pretty creative as kids and I think that pays tribute to where I am today. I think you have got to have those instinctive skills in the modern game ... look at how Nathan Cleary kicks the ball these days.”​

“I had a knee reconstruction out of the under-20s and I thought the dream was over. But I got into the gym with guys like Mick Crocker and Roy Asotasi and I learned the professionalism of this sport. It was a blessing in disguise. I was small back then, but I put on a few extra kilos and after a really tough pre-season I got the opportunity to play first grade. The path I’ve gone on has shaped the character I am in the NRL.”​
“My thought process this round will be the same as always. Parra are a good side and they are in great form, it’s a big game for both clubs and it’s a finals game come early. I’ve said to the guys, we have got to where we have this year for a reason. We turned up in games, we’ve had a lot of good results go our way and it doesn’t go away overnight. One bad performance against the Storm doesn’t justify who we are as a club. This is an important game for us ... and I have to be at my best.”​

Langer:
“Adam has been wonderful for the Broncos, he has turned the whole club around. He is like another coach at the club. He works with young guys behind the scenes and teaches them so much. The boys love being around him and love playing for him because of what he puts into the group. He is very knowledgeable about the game. If we make the finals this year, he will be a big reason for it.”​

Wayne Bennett's "secret phone call" to Alfie after the Souths contact falllout:

“Alf, tell Kevin to sign Adam Reynolds. Tell him to just do it. Adam will not let you down.”​

Bennett:
“It’s a great achievement for Adam to play 250 games. I never had any doubts he would do well for Brisbane this year. I’m glad they signed him actually. The one thing I learned a long time ago as a coach is you need great players. Adam is a great player. He is a real pro. He reminds me a lot of Alf in that he has the cheek of a halfback, but when he crosses the line there is no greater competitor. He wouldn’t have looked out of place in the 1980s and ‘90s with his character and the way he plays the game. We clicked straight away at Souths."​
“I chose him as captain because I liked his calmness, his demeanour and the way he conducted himself in the change room. He was never outspoken. He never talked out of order. He doesn’t talk bulls***. Whatever Adam says he means, he only ever said things that he would deliver on. I like that in my captains - and that’s what he has brought to the Broncos.”​

“One thing that pisses me off is people who question his training because he is so committed to his preparation. It’s a myth that he is injury prone. There was all this crap about him being on modified training at Souths. It soured him and it soured me. It was so far off the mark. Adam is a bloody tough bugger. He has great courage. He is not a big man yet he has played 11 years now against the biggest and best players in the NRL and he has handled it all. You can’t be his size, achieve what he has, and not be brave.”​

Reynolds:

“I was obsessed with kicking the ball when I was young. I was probably a bit of a punish around the streets, whether I was hitting parked cars or missing the telegraph pole. We had a game we liked to play - me and my brother, my cousin and best mate - called two-on-two in pretty small spaces. We came up with new ways to play the game. We were pretty creative as kids and I think that pays tribute to where I am today. I think you have got to have those instinctive skills in the modern game ... look at how Nathan Cleary kicks the ball these days.”​

“I had a knee reconstruction out of the under-20s and I thought the dream was over. But I got into the gym with guys like Mick Crocker and Roy Asotasi and I learned the professionalism of this sport. It was a blessing in disguise. I was small back then, but I put on a few extra kilos and after a really tough pre-season I got the opportunity to play first grade. The path I’ve gone on has shaped the character I am in the NRL.”​
“My thought process this round will be the same as always. Parra are a good side and they are in great form, it’s a big game for both clubs and it’s a finals game come early. I’ve said to the guys, we have got to where we have this year for a reason. We turned up in games, we’ve had a lot of good results go our way and it doesn’t go away overnight. One bad performance against the Storm doesn’t justify who we are as a club. This is an important game for us ... and I have to be at my best.”​

Langer:
“Adam has been wonderful for the Broncos, he has turned the whole club around. He is like another coach at the club. He works with young guys behind the scenes and teaches them so much. The boys love being around him and love playing for him because of what he puts into the group. He is very knowledgeable about the game. If we make the finals this year, he will be a big reason for it.”​
Imagine needing to be told to sign Reynolds. Bennett can take credit for telling Adam to come but surely he can’t take credit for convincing Kev.

Imagine needing to be told to sign Reynolds. Bennett can take credit for telling Adam to come but surely he can’t take credit for convincing Kev.
Is that what happened......or are we imagining it?

Imagining that Wayne took credit for Reynolds move to Brisbane? I dunno but it’s the first sentence of the quote
So no.....WB didn't take credit for Reynolds move. We/you are only imagining it. Yeah?

must be a slow news day for Badel ... because this has been published a couple of times now over the year in the Courier Mail.

So no.....WB didn't take credit for Reynolds move. We/you are only imagining it. Yeah?
secret phone call" to Alfie after the Souths contact falllout:

“Alf, tell Kevin to sign Adam Reynolds. Tell him to just do it. Adam will not let you down.”

I'll just put it out there, but do you think there is some effort from the broncos for Reynolds to be a future coach of the club?

The way he has described his contract with the broncos sounds like some kind of post career coaching role is involved as well and though it's been leaked by players it seems he already is one of the major coaching figures in the club already while still playing, it sounds like he has a massive footy brain and understands the tactics involved and is atleast one of the figures in charge of what is used.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.