AUS FOOTBALL AFL Grand Final 2023 - Collingwood v Brisbane

Watched it on delay last night - one of those games for the Lions

9 more scores for Collingwood - in a way lucky the margin wasn’t bigger

Every 50-50 bounce or half chance pretty much went their way. We were almost perfect with shots, but just not very good at getting to the forward 50

Hipwood and a few others with games to forget, I think it’s time to move on from Hipwood. He has a few games every season that hints at being elite, but then has stinkers all around them

Hill was just a magnet for them and outside of one instance, he toyed with our defence

Some bizarre calls at times, even both ways that canceled out some, but again the 50-50s tended to go their way

@Sproj can you explain why every bounce or ball up, Oscar or Daniher were standing behind Cox and giving him that advantage? It was baffling at times
How much did hill remind you of Charlie.. lions need to find a way to get Charlie 1 on 1 more with his opponent and kick the ball to his advantage.

Watched it on delay last night - one of those games for the Lions

9 more scores for Collingwood - in a way lucky the margin wasn’t bigger

Every 50-50 bounce or half chance pretty much went their way. We were almost perfect with shots, but just not very good at getting to the forward 50

Hipwood and a few others with games to forget, I think it’s time to move on from Hipwood. He has a few games every season that hints at being elite, but then has stinkers all around them

Hill was just a magnet for them and outside of one instance, he toyed with our defence

Some bizarre calls at times, even both ways that canceled out some, but again the 50-50s tended to go their way

@Sproj can you explain why every bounce or ball up, Oscar or Daniher were standing behind Cox and giving him that advantage? It was baffling at times

Can’t explain it and it wasn’t just the rucks, all around the ground for some reason our guys were playing from behind. The only two that weren’t were Joe and Harris and believe it or not, they were the only two to really have any around the ground influence.

In terms of Hipwood, I agree as he is such a frustrating player but key position players are hard to find, even serviceable ones so we need to stick with him.

The more I think about it, the more frustrating it is but also a bit heartening it is. Collingwood played really well and we did not. Even so, we only lost by 4 points. We will rue that one for a long time and may not get another chance but if we do, look out.

I actually don’t think the future threat will be Collingwood, although they’ll always be up there, I think it is coming from behind in Carlton, Sydney, Adelaide, Gold Coast and GWS.

Fagan said we are just coming into the window but my fear is we are actually leaving it. I reckon we’ve got one more, maybe two max more shots with the majority of this group and then it will be over to Gen next and that might take a couple of years.

This is where we really need Hippy to come good and I hope he will because Joe is starting to get on.

Can’t explain it and it wasn’t just the rucks, all around the ground for some reason our guys were playing from behind. The only two that weren’t were Joe and Harris and believe it or not, they were the only two to really have any around the ground influence.

In terms of Hipwood, I agree as he is such a frustrating player but key position players are hard to find, even serviceable ones so we need to stick with him.

The more I think about it, the more frustrating it is but also a bit heartening it is. Collingwood played really well and we did not. Even so, we only lost by 4 points. We will rue that one for a long time and may not get another chance but if we do, look out.

I actually don’t think the future threat will be Collingwood, although they’ll always be up there, I think it is coming from behind in Carlton, Sydney, Adelaide, Gold Coast and GWS.

Fagan said we are just coming into the window but my fear is we are actually leaving it. I reckon we’ve got one more, maybe two max more shots with the majority of this group and then it will be over to Gen next and that might take a couple of years.

This is where we really need Hippy to come good and I hope he will because Joe is starting to get on.
I thought the plan was to bulk hipwood up. He still gets thrown around a lot when contesting a mark or chasing a loose ball. Maybe if he was stronger he could stay in the goal square, that way if he drops a mark there’s more crumbers around. If he marks it, it’s an easier shot at goal for him which he needs.

Tom Doedee officially nominates the lions as his desired club for next season.

Tom Doedee officially nominates the lions as his desired club for next season.

He won't be ready until half way through the season but he and WAshcroft will be HUGE ins for the back end of the season. He is a fantastic intercept marker and will free up Andrews to an extent.

He won't be ready until half way through the season but he and WAshcroft will be HUGE ins for the back end of the season. He is a fantastic intercept marker and will free up Andrews to an extent.
Dev is staying

Dev is staying

Him and Kai staying are huge for us. How far are we from the go home five days. We are locked and loaded for another tilt next year. I imagine we'll have a very quiet trade period now, just get Doedee and that's it. I imagine we'll try and do future pick gathering to cover the two gun kids in LAshcroft and the Academy star. One or two academy key position players too we'd like to get.

If anyone had an inclination to watch the girls get some revenge …

just don’t

If anyone had an inclination to watch the girls get some revenge …

just don’t

Trade period starts Monday!! Back in the dark days of the 2010s, trade period was all us fans looked forward to...and dreaded.

Girls have just edged out Geelong for a spot in a 5th GF in 8 seasons

Only 1 from 4 wins so far however

If Adelaide win tomorrow, we host the GF next week. If North Melbourne win we play at Ikon Park

Hopefully Daks is fit

Girls have just edged out Geelong for a spot in a 5th GF in 8 seasons

Only 1 from 4 wins so far however

If Adelaide win tomorrow, we host the GF next week. If North Melbourne win we play at Ikon Park

Hopefully Daks is fit

let's see if they can be the first QLD team to win a GF this year ... so far in 2023 the state is 0 from 3 in GF's

let's see if they can be the first QLD team to win a GF this year ... so far in 2023 the state is 0 from 3 in GF's

I love the girls, but they’re on par with the Heat in general as far as my confidence in them winning

So many heart attack games. We need at least 8 goals to be a good chance. Anything less and we’ll get counter-punched out of the game

But yeah, Qld needs something to celebrate

North Melbourne hang on to beat Adelaide by a single point so we’re off to Melbourne

Their tall forward Randall scares me

8 goals will be the minimum I think, most games between top teams don’t go past 50pts for a win, and both prelims only effectively needed 40 for a win

2:30pm AEDT next Sunday

1 quarter to go until I give up watching sport forever.

It’s been fun(?) everyone

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.