NEWS Alex Glenn: I have been happy with my performances

The Broncos inaugural wooden spoon winning captain, Alex Glenn, insists he's earnt the right to retire on his own terms:

“I do, and the Broncos bosses have been very supportive of that. I have had some sit downs with Kev and just been really open with him about how my body feels. It feels great. I know I’m 33 and in footy terms, that is getting old, but I don’t feel that way. I am out there and the body feels amazing, it just comes down to being professional and ticking all the boxes leading into games. The main aspect for me is recovery."

“Brisbane’s improvement this season definitely helps for sure. The confidence is going through the roof at headquarters and seeing the boys bouncing around and wanting to keep working, that’s what the Broncos used to be. Having some good signings will strengthen our squad and our club next year, so that fuels the flame for me.”

Screenalexglenn     CSII dfBliZ

Body feels amazing

“I’m not scared of retirement, to be honest. I’m not any closer to a decision. I spoke to Kev and said my focus is finishing the last four games strong and that’s what I want to do. I don’t want any distractions, I don’t want to worry about where I am going to be next year."

“What it comes down to is can I still compete at this highest level? I don’t want to be selfish and be that player that goes one year too long. I’ve always said that I will give myself every opportunity to perform to the best level I can and make my decision at the very last minute."

“I have four games to go and I have been happy with my performances. I am still competing with the best of the best. I don’t want to make a decision too soon and regret my decision later on. I will finish the season strong and these next four weeks are my focus and then I will make a decision.”

McHunt

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
2020 Alex Glenn is where offensive momentum goes to die. I wish I could speak highly of his defensive game, but our F/A speaks for itself.

Hard pass on any form of him in the 30 for 2022. Not even a minimum wage depth signing.

Thanks but seriously NO thanks.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Bit his friends on Insta keep saying he's heaps good. Don't listen to the haterz.

I just hope Reynolds gets the captaincy next year. If Glenn retains it, there will be pressure to start him which is straight up a bad move. If anything he should get minimum wage and a token 15 minutes if he plays on.

If Glenn not only gets another deal but also retains the captaincy over Reynolds, it is straight up nepotism and proof that very little has changed at the club despite what they would like us to think.

Please Kev, give the **** the tap on the shoulder and be done with it.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Watch Glenn fall for the dummy runner at least three times tonight.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Watch Glenn fall for the dummy runner at least three times tonight.
With all our home and away games being played at Suncorp currently; he’ll probably come out of the dressing room, turn the wrong way and lead the team to the car park.

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
He also doesn't have renowned world class defender Brodie Croft to help him.
You can call it now....Glenn knock on...Glenn missed tackle...rooster try...then heads down 3 more tries on cusp of half time. has to go

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Galah
  • Mister Wright
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.