Alex Glenn responds

How dare we as fans speak our minds! It is clear we exist to pay our memberships, buy our merch and be happy with whatever bullshit they are prepared to dish out for the 80 minutes they can pull themselves away from their playstations.

Glenn was having a crack out their on Saturday but **** me you can’t just expect the praise only and no criticism.
The fans have every right to feel extremely pissed off with the players and club at this time. It’s not acceptable and to say the players are fragile is a load of bullshit
We have every right to demand action be taken because they are simply rolling over and giving up every game

Clearly frustrated by the recent attack on Issac Luke who dared to smile and embrace the Gold Coast players after the game.

Luke also lashed out on social media after Sam Burgess was critical of him.

Last edited:
Clearly frustrated by the recent attack on Issac Luke who dared to smile and embrace the Gold Coast players after the game.

Luke also lashed out on social media after Sam Burgess was critical of him.
His response was acceptable. I think everyone deserves 48 hours to respond and set things straight. You accept the apology and you move on.

Screenshot 2020 06 29 1 issac luke on Twitter Losing last night I also accept that it was in

Screenshot 2020 06 29 1 issac luke on Twitter I came to the club because it has been a big d

Last edited:
Yep, and all of this talk about a divide between the senior players and Seibold, to see an empty chair next to Seibold at the presser on Saturday spoke volumes. Glenn is a toiler but he is no captain. He's too much of a larriken for his players to take seriously.

I don't think players are part of any pressers at the moment.

I don't think players are part of any pressers at the moment.

They do a seperate press conference after the coach.

Croft, Boyd, Ofahengaue turned up for it and the even one of the boards from the set had it out for Joe.

We were never ever as inept as we have been over the last 10 games under Bennett.
This crap is pre-Seibold, I’m just surprised Glenn stooped to that level.

Yes Glenn, with how many smiles and laughs there have been on the field after the last 5 weeks of losses (some absolute floggings as well), some fans are questioning how much the team is hurting. Your old mate Jharal Yow Yeh and old assistant Kevvie Walters are calling it out too, so it's not just us that have no links to the club that think you're acting like the jersey doesn't mean what it should.

We're soft from the top down and are in for some rough times until we develop the kind of attitude that you need to win.

I dont think he is playing the mental health card as such, I think it's more he is just urging people to think a little before they post personal abuse.
Agreed, and there is a difference between having an opinion as a fan, and attacking someone.

I understand that if you want to take the big pay, you take what comes with it as well. Not an excuse to just hang shit on people.

Some fans need to pull their heads in.

I feel for Glenn here. He is trying to lead and stand up for his team and I can't fault that. So I think a bit of perspective is needed. He CAN hold his head up high after last game, he tried his butt off and he tried to inspire his team from the get go, right to the end. I am not going to fault that.

The problem though is what this says about the playing group. Everyone suspected they were fragile, this proves it. They deserve criticism. I suspect that it is a case (as has been mentioned by people on here before) that they are used to being the big kid on campus and just smashing other kids because they are bigger and faster than them. At this level, this doesn't work anymore. They are up against structure and professionalism. These kids are sooking because it isn't as easy as they thought it would be and this goes for the big kids like Milford and Oates too.

The 5 losses isn't the problem, it is the 5 FLOGGINGS that are the problem. It is the 5 examples of absolutely giving up and sulking. People can handle a side losing, people can't handle a side not even trying and giving up, particularly at a time when so many GOOD workers are being laid off through no fault of their own and would give their left arms to get even one opportunity at this level. They would NEVER give up and treat it like their own personal right to wear this jersey.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.