All hail the great Darren Lockyer

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Locky has been named Australian Rugby League's International Player of the Year [eusa_clap.gi

I love you Locky!!!!! Well deserved he was a standout for Australia IMO

That's a fair enough call. Would love to see forwards get there dues more often because I would argue Civo had at least as good a year for Australia as Locky did.

I would argue that Steve Price, who (apart from my interweb campaign) gets bugger all accolades, was the best Australian player all year. He had a massive impact in Origin, which was evident with his exclusion (injury) in Game 1, his massive club season and the huge role he played in every Kangaroo game he played in 2008.

Mr. Reliable and IMO without a doubt the current benchmark RL prop in the world.

P.S. Loclyer is a god.

I agree Hammo my top 3 would be the 3 mentioned here. I find it sad how props in particular never get awards like these when they are the ones who give the Lockyer's the time and space to unleash havoc. Just like how midfielders always win the Brownlow or 1,6,7,9 usually win the Dally M.

Yup, it's a bugger hey. There's been plenty of worthy props over the years but they do all the hard work and don't get the accolades they deserve. Webcke, Civoniceva, Price - hey they are all Queenslanders too icon_thumbs_u

Not bad given that he only played 4 out of 6 games.

Props do all the hard yards and the glory boys in the backline soak up the glory on the back of their sweat. [icon_lol1.

Hammo said:
I would argue that Steve Price, who (apart from my interweb campaign) gets bugger all accolades, was the best Australian player all year. He had a massive impact in Origin, which was evident with his exclusion (injury) in Game 1, his massive club season and the huge role he played in every Kangaroo game he played in 2008.

Mr. Reliable and IMO without a doubt the current benchmark RL prop in the world.

P.S. Loclyer is a god.

+1. Travesty that Price missed out on the WC Final... would've been different with him there IMO.

Well done, Locky - thoroughly deserved. FTR, would've been happy to see it go to Price too. Both as deserving as each other.

The funny thing is none of us will really 100% apreciate just how good locky is till long after he's gone. He will be one of those players that will grow in folklore even more after his retirement... and I can only wonder if he will one day have his own brass look alike next to wally outside suncorp in good time.

Good on ya Locky!

Assassin said:
The funny thing is none of us will really 100% apreciate just how good locky is till long after he's gone. He will be one of those players that will grow in folklore even more after his retirement... and I can only wonder if he will one day have his own brass look alike next to wally outside suncorp in good time.

Good on ya Locky!
I agree, I think he will be a player that a lot of young kids will idolise even if they never saw him play. Word of mouth will spread his legend for years to come.

Yep, Lockyer will be greater than Langer. We should be so lucky to have two such wonderful players devoted to our club.

Hail Lockyer! Only over the past couple of years have I come to appreciate his brilliance, everytime he does something unexpected and amazing I shake my head in awe, and berate myself for doubting...

BIt surprised tbh, cant say i agree but then again i cant really point out a better player from the year except maybe thurston, inglis or slater but i cant fault the decision, its lockyer afterall and he is orsm

QUEENSLANDER said:
BIt surprised tbh, cant say i agree but then again i cant really point out a better player from the year except maybe thurston, inglis or slater but i cant fault the decision, its lockyer afterall and he is orsm

Agreed. It was always going to be a tough choice because injuries really hampered nearly every star player in the country when it comes to rep footy this year.

Thurston was shit in the final. Slater was shit in the final. Inglis was non existent through most of the World Cup.

Had to be Lockyer.

CoxyBro said:
Thurston was shit in the final. Slater was shit in the final. Inglis was non existent through most of the World Cup.

Had to be Lockyer.

But the argument could be that lockyer didnt even feature in the QLD origin victory, where thurston really stood up and showed how good he is. as did inglis

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.