What should the club do with TPJ

• Sack him!

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Give another chance - on current contract

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Glad to keep him. He’s had far more big games and moments than his million dollar second row partner. There was a time where everything he said was impressive and then he turned out to be a massive dickhead. Hopefully he’s just young and stupid and was getting some bad advice and someone at the club can straighten him out. A decent coach will probably help.
I think there is probably just slightly enough upside potential to make taking one more shot with him worth the risk. Especially as the alternative is that we punt him and then have to watch him run around in a Roosters jersey next year once they've managed to publicly retcon SBW's 2020 contract into a million dollar deal that they would then have available in their 2021 cap.

I think we should have punted him. I couldn't care less if he goes somewhere else TBH.
IF the club decides to keep him I would prefer to see a bit of stick and carrot approach .

Fine him 1/3rd of his contract but give him the chance to earn it back.
So, if he stays out of trouble and doesn't get suspended for avoidable shit then he gets to keep all the money.
Put the onus back on him.

Happy we are keeping him. TPJ is a great player and the only thing holding him back is his attitude. If he truly has had a wake up call (and let's face it the Roosters rejecting him must have been a serious one) and if we can structure any fine as an incentive he could be elite. Also, the more I hear about the bullshit Seibold was doing the more I struggle to blame any current player.

I think it's a bad decision keeping him. Hopefully this is a wake up call but from an outsider looking in he seems selfish and not the type of player, attitude wise we need right now. People don't change unfortunately and all I see happening is he stays signed to the Broncos until a better offer comes along and we get stuck paying 50% of his salary .

I think it's a bad decision keeping him. Hopefully this is a wake up call but from an outsider looking in he seems selfish and not the type of player, attitude wise we need right now. People don't change unfortunately and all I see happening is he stays signed to the Broncos until a better offer comes along and we get stuck paying 50% of his salary .

If a better offer came along how would we be paying any of his salary?

A lot of the opinions in this thread really come across as the media getting in people's heads. They've had it against him for a long time, and he could cure cancer and the commentators would still find a way to sink the boot in.

I'm surprised. Because what's the worst outside of this that he's actually done? Gone in way too aggressive and copped absolute bullshit suspensions from the NRL? I'm probably missing something, but is he actually that much of a problem in real life, or just a problem on the broadcast?

A lot of the opinions in this thread really come across as the media getting in people's heads. They've had it against him for a long time, and he could cure cancer and the commentators would still find a way to sink the boot in.

I'm surprised. Because what's the worst outside of this that he's actually done? Gone in way too aggressive and copped absolute bullshit suspensions from the NRL? I'm probably missing something, but is he actually that much of a problem in real life, or just a problem on the broadcast?
I’m more worried about believing his sincerity and that it seemed like he wanted out. Same with Staggs and Niu. If they want out they can get fucked. If that means keeping their contracts and having them sit out then so be it.

I’m more worried about believing his sincerity and that it seemed like he wanted out. Same with Staggs and Niu. If they want out they can get fucked. If that means keeping their contracts and having them sit out then so be it.

I don't get that either. If your boss is a **** or just genuinely hopeless, you ask another boss if there is an option of you going there, before you talk to your current boss.

I don't get that either. If your boss is a **** or just genuinely hopeless, you ask another boss if there is an option of you going there, before you talk to your current boss.
Spot on

it is curious that lockyer has his back.really wonder if lockyer really wanted siebold as coach and is prepared to back TPJ with a different coach.

Except I am a Broncos fan and if he wants to play elsewhere then he can get fucked. Pretty simple. This isn't just like any other business.

If a better offer came along how would we be paying any of his salary?
Theoretically returns to his old ways, Broncos decide they want to get rid of him but can't as he hasn't breached contract, another club will take him but only if we contribute a percent of his contract. Happens all the time

I don’t really care if he’s a gronk, I just want him gone because he doesn’t put in and you could count on 1 hand how many good games he’s had for us.

Personally I’m disappointed he’s been given a pass, we aren’t getting our money’s worth out of him and it’s going to take a very special coach to turn him into a professional backrower who will get him to lower his margin between a good and bad game.

4 seasons in and all he’s known for is that game vs the cowboys, not good enough.

Except I am a Broncos fan and if he wants to play elsewhere then he can get fucked. Pretty simple. This isn't just like any other business.

Sure it is. It's exactly like any business, except the customers have a far bigger opinion. What's your issue with someone trying to find a new job when they're unhappy where they are? If the coach was the issue, his problem goes away, but **** that guy, he should force himself to be unhappy at work?

Happy we are keeping him. TPJ is a great player and the only thing holding him back is his attitude. If he truly has had a wake up call (and let's face it the Roosters rejecting him must have been a serious one) and if we can structure any fine as an incentive he could be elite. Also, the more I hear about the bullshit Seibold was doing the more I struggle to blame any current player.

Oh the players (at least some of them) are also very much to blame.

Sure it is. It's exactly like any business, except the customers have a far bigger opinion. What's your issue with someone trying to find a new job when they're unhappy where they are? If the coach was the issue, his problem goes away, but **** that guy, he should force himself to be unhappy at work?
Because I’m a fan of the Broncos? I’m not sure what you’re not understanding. If they don’t want to be at the Broncos then I’m not a fan of them being Broncos. I can still enjoy other players but I wish them no success. I’m not saying he should force himself to stay, in saying that I support the Broncos and players who want to be here.

So much hate directed towards TPJ for what?

So many posts here - graphic illustration of the mind-controlling power of the media, and the compliant, zombie-like mob who attack when told to.

Let's sum up his "horrible crimes".

He went to a barber shop to support a mate.

He shopped himself around - something players typically pay their managers to do but TPJ showed some initiative and did it himself.

Am I missing any other "crime"?

And for these "crimes" ... the zombie mob go into "grrooooooowwwwwwwwlllllll stampede" mode and throw their media-induced saliva all over the shop.

God help us! I despair the ability fo anyone on planet earth to actually think critically anymore.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.