Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
I thought DUI was handled much more harshly. I thought it meant automatic license suspension. Sounds like maybe i should just drive home next time instead of paying for a taxi

Yeah but if you get convicted you'll have a criminal record and even if you're not convicted, you've still got the record of being "charged". So still wouldn't be worth it.

A lot of employers these days (depending on what you do) make you fill out forms relating to previous charges and convictions where you have to both put down any convictions AND charges down and depending on the charge they might deny you employment.

Yep, and very difficult to get a high level security clearance with the military if you have a drink driving history.
Not an issue for most people.

US is pretty harsh on any kind of misdemeanour or criminal record. If you have a charge against you there's a good chance they won't let you in the country, even as a visitor.

In my brother-in-law's family, one of his relatives had a drink driving charge 15 years ago. He's from Canada. On one occasion he was flying back to Canada via LA and they wouldn't let him into the transit area at LAX. He had to wait on the plane.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Coxy said:
I think the fact they are so lenient on people who need to drive for work or whatever is a risk. Why bother catching a cab if you can drive home, and if you get busted, get your lawyer to say you need to drive for your livelihood and get a minimal, if any, license suspension?

You'll be able to drive for work purposes, but you'll still get your licence suspended out of those hours, and more often than not for a longer period than if you didn't apply for a work licence

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
tkday said:
Haha, you could very well be right. You might save money over long term by driving instead of taxi. Say you get caught once a year, you've still saved heaps more on taxi fares.

Yeah, imagine the amount of money you'd save in jail.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
who actually gets jailed these days tho lol. jail terms arent handed out enough imo

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
who actually gets jailed these days tho lol. jail terms arent handed out enough imo

3 convictions over .15 in a 5 year period automatically sees you get jail time.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So, as I predicted , it has come to pass. Alfie was dealt with in the same manner as regular folk are, nothing more or less than anyone else. This is as it should be. I guessed that he would publicly accept blame, apologize, cop a fine and suspension and retain his job. This is as it should be. Typically the people who sit in judgement are people of my advanced years. The reason is simple enough, because we're more mature ( just like the actors in the car insurance ad )...squeal all you like now, when you reach fifty you'll understand just like I do.

You will shake your heads at the knee-jerk,poorly reasoned ill-considered responses of the young and they will jeer but you'll know, you'll know. Pity I'll be in the ground by the time it happens and I won't get the chance to say, told ya lol

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Huge. said:
So, as I predicted , it has come to pass. Alfie was dealt with in the same manner as regular folk are, nothing more or less than anyone else. This is as it should be. I guessed that he would publicly accept blame, apologize, cop a fine and suspension and retain his job. This is as it should be. Typically the people who sit in judgement are people of my advanced years. The reason is simple enough, because we're more mature ( just like the actors in the car insurance ad )...squeal all you like now, when you reach fifty you'll understand just like I do.

You will shake your heads at the knee-jerk,poorly reasoned ill-considered responses of the young and they will jeer but you'll know, you'll know. Pity I'll be in the ground by the time it happens and I won't get the chance to say, told ya lol

128766191872345669.jpg

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Yeah i blame huge for Alfie drink driving (thats on topic right?)

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
OXY-351 said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Wow, that is ridiculous. Are u saying instead of paying $50 for a taxi to get home from the city for the last 9 years, i couldve been driving, with the slight slight chance i get pulled over and i couldve done that at least twice!! **** the law is stupid somtimes

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
OXY-351 said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Wow, that is ridiculous. Are u saying instead of paying $50 for a taxi to get home from the city for the last 9 years, i couldve been driving, with the slight slight chance i get pulled over and i couldve done that at least twice!! **** the law is stupid somtimes
It should be if you get caught twice over any time period you get jail time.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
**** that, should be if ur over the limit, in the slammer. too much leniancy

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
but it would have to be a minor sentence for a first offense, say 2 weeks jail if you caught first time, 1 year 2nd time, 3 years 3rd time, etc.

That would work a lot better than simply $1,000 and loss of license.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
**** that, should be if ur over the limit, in the slammer. too much leniancy

I agree F them.. If the drink driver kills someone do they get a second chance??

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Galco
  • broncos4life
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • Spoon
  • eggstar10
  • Astro
  • Aldo
  • bazza
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.