Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

Agreed, it's a joke, but it's the same when doctors, lawyers, anyone else get charged with DD. Just another example of our justice system getting it wrong.

I love Alf, I really do, but I don't think $1000 and 8 months suspension is going to teach him anything.

QUEENSLANDER said:
I dont see how what job you have should affect the punishment, its stupid

Exactly. A DD charge is going to affect anyones future, regardless of what they do. Isn't that the whole point? The punishment should act as a deterent

According to the CM he has kept his job with the Broncos.

I thinki the CM said he returns to work tomorrow.

So if one of our players goes out drink driving, gets arrested, etc, we won't sack him?

Seems to be the standard we've set.

im pretty sure after the toilet incident they know they can do pretty much anything, as long as ur a high profile player / employee

Yet, If you bring back a girl to your room (Joel Clinton) you get fined $50,000.

The penalty was about right for a first time drink drive offence even with that reading. The suspension of eight months was also within the sentencing range, I have seen lesser suspensions for similar readings. Re the conviction not being recorded, under section 12 of the Penalties and Sentences Act the court had a discretion as to whether a conviction was recorded or not. The relevant factors are:-
a) the nature of the offence; and
(b) the offender's character and age; and
(c) the impact that recording a conviction will have on the offender's--
(i) economic or social wellbeing; or
(ii) chances of finding employment.

(b) would have favoured Alfie, his solicitor obviously put forward a good argument about (c)(i) and (ii) so no great surprise for a first time offender that a conviction was not recorded.

Re the above, the only point I was making is that he hasn't really been treated any differently to anyone else.

lynx000 said:
Re the above, the only point I was making is that he hasn't really been treated any differently to anyone else.
Good points and exactly as it was explained by an independent Lawyer on the radio today.

I find it interesting that so many wanted Alf treated differently to a normal person, in that he should lose his job etc etc, but now they are blowing up because he hasn't ( in their eyes ) been treated the same as a normal person.

WTF?

QUEENSLANDER said:
im pretty sure after the toilet incident they know they can do pretty much anything, as long as ur a high profile player / employee

[icon_drun

You honestly think that pissing in public is worse than 3 blokes taking a girl (or vice versa, however it happened) into a public toilet for all sorts of shenanigans? Wow.

Emma said:
You honestly think that pissing in public is worse than 3 blokes taking a girl (or vice versa, however it happened) into a public toilet for all sorts of shenanigans? Wow.

Hahaha. Alfie's lawyer is a friend of mine. gooood stuff.

Emma said:

What if you piss on her too?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • phoenix
  • teampjta
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Allo
  • trugo bronco
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • rj9
  • Skathen
  • Viti
  • RolledOates
  • leon.bott
  • Redux
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Rookie Alan
  • Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.