NEWS Andrew McCullough’s complicated contract a headache for Broncos

That would be a year of zero tolerance. I see NSW has the same policy. What kind of fucked up puritan nanny state have we become?

You’d just think having been given a lifeline the bloke could keep it together for longer than two weeks.

Broncos won’t sack James Segeyaro for drink driving charge
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
37 minutes ago

James Segeyaro will not be sacked by the Broncos following revelations the new recruit has been charged for drink-driving just two weeks after arriving at Red Hill.
The Broncos have confirmed they have notified the NRL Integrity Unit of his offence and are working with the governing body to determine an appropriate penalty for the recently signed Brisbane hooker. Segeyaro joined the Broncos just a fortnight ago, scoring the match-winner against the Roosters in his club debut before playing his second game in Brisbane’s 8-2 defeat of the Warriors on Saturday night.

b1068b829e7e1096520ee0a4e070969b

James Segeyaro can probably count himself lucky. Image: AAP Image/Darren England

Segeyaro’s deal with the Broncos expires at season’s end. It is understood he will not have his contract torn up, with the Broncos to consider a fine or suspension that could see Segeyaro miss Brisbane’s next clash against the Titans on Sunday week.
“The Brisbane Broncos can confirm that James Segeyaro has been issued with a notice to appear for driving under the influence of alcohol,” a Broncos statement said.

“Segeyaro recorded a breath test reading well under 0.05 in Brisbane (on Monday) morning, but due to the fact he is on a Provisional Licence he has been issued with a notice to appear.
“The NRL Integrity Unit has been informed and the club is working through the issue in conjunction with them.”

535e4648e03ade9e2108e98b6e0537f0

It was a dream start to his Broncos career. Image: AAP Image/Darren England

It is believed Segeyaro consumed alcohol on Sunday night after returning home from Brisbane’s trip to New Zealand. He was on his way to get a coffee the following morning when he was stopped by a police offer for a random breath test. In the wake of his match-winning try against the Roosters, Segeyaro said he was keen to secure a new deal with the Broncos for 2020 and beyond. “I’ve always dreamt of playing for the Broncos since I was young,” he said.
“Now I want to be a part of this club for a longer term, I’d love to be here beyond this year but we’ll see what happens. “I have to keep playing well.”

[automerge]1558945655[/automerge]
You’d just think having been given a lifeline the bloke could keep it together for longer than two weeks.
He's been charged with having a mild hangover at worst.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="McHunt, post: 3039093, member]

He's been charged with having a mild hangover at worst.
[/QUOTE]

I did say the offence wasn’t a big deal in my eyes.

It’s a piss poor effort. It is not hard to not drink, even for 6 months until the season is over if you want to drive around. I NEVER drank and then thought about driving while on my P’s.

It’s a piss poor effort. It is not hard to not drink, even for 6 months until the season is over if you want to drive around. I NEVER drank and then thought about driving while on my P’s.
In fairness, you were in the Taliban.

He got breathalyzed in the morning and the alcohol from the drinks consumed previous night was still in his system. It is just shit luck, if he made a coffee at home and had a feed there is a good chance he would not have been over.

In the context of things it's not a huge deal, not like he was busted with high range while driving dangerously.

It might not sound like a big deal, but it might contradict conditions in his 6 month contract with us ?

Personally i hope he gets his shit together and signs another contract with us.

Maths is not your strong point is it? From when we won in 2006 Bennett has coached us for a total of 7 years, not 12. In the most recent stint he coached us for 4 years, not 6.

It's still 1 in 12 years......and 0 from 6. His math is sound.

So you didn’t drive the next day after drinking when on your P’s?

Real nice of Macca to buy him all those rounds then offer to shout coffee the next morning if he drove to pick it up.

It's still 1 in 12 years......and 0 from 6. His math is sound.
You and OP are correct, I misinterpreted what he was saying. He was running from 2001, and is spot on.

You and OP are correct, I misinterpreted what he was saying. He was running from 2001, and is spot on.

Even still, I have to concede it's still an unfair statement...given the Storm's cheating. If they weren't rorting then '05-'08 could have seen us with 1 or more extra trophies.

Last edited:
Even still, I have to concede it's still an unfair statement...given the Storm's cheating. If they weren't rorting then '05-'08 could have seen us with 1 or more extra trophies.
True that, particularly 2008.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.