NEWS Andrew McCullough’s complicated contract a headache for Broncos

It's so disheartening to hear people say that Macca will walk straight back into the side, it's like a bad dream. I hope Seibold shows the necessary fortitude to keep him out of the 17. I truly believe our season hinges on how this pans out.
Unfortunately it was purely by accident that Turpin got in. Macca got injured not dropped. Had Macca not been injured he would still be in the side and we probably would still be losing games. Seibold got lucky on this occasion.

Unfortunately it was purely by accident that Turpin got in. Macca got injured not dropped. Had Macca not been injured he would still be in the side and we probably would still be losing games. Seibold got lucky on this occasion.

How do you have such insight into Seibold's mind and team selection at the Broncos? Macca may have been 1 game away from being replaced for all we know.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just wondering why people assume Seibold would never have made the tough choice to drop him, despite dropping other players (Isaako, Roberts, Sua) and releasing Kodi and Jimmy and letting McGuire and Kahu go. Even at Souths he replaced Farah with Cook.

How do you have such insight into Seibold's mind and team selection at the Broncos? Macca may have been 1 game away from being replaced for all we know.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just wondering why people assume Seibold would never have made the tough choice to drop him, despite dropping other players (Isaako, Roberts, Sua) and releasing Kodi and Jimmy and letting McGuire and Kahu go. Even at Souths he replaced Farah with Cook.

If the warriors didn’t come knocking for kodi, would he still be in the team?

I don't know, Seibold was always going to give the existing team a chance to prove themselves before he made changes and that's the way things happened. Around the club, the word was that Dearden was going to get a shot this year and that was before we publicly knew about the Warriors wanting Kodi.

He may have stayed but played off the bench if the Warriors hadn't been interested and his form didn't improve.

We're 4 from 5 with Dearden and were 1 from 6 with Nikorima, so whatever the case, I'm happy with how it's played out.

No insight just a hunch looking at how it played out. No doubt we will find out what the plans are for Macca when he is fit.

Lol yes. Seibold wanted Kodi to play on the bench, coming on to replace Macca. Kodi said no and was offered to the Warriors and Turpin was next in line.

Because Turpin is just like Cook, right?
Might be! He's certainly better than Macca so far. And he can have seggs playing that impact spark role. I'm sure in those two players he has the balance he needs

I think one issue not yet brought up about Macca's option, is that he has to make the decision by June 30 (I think I read that somewhere for all player options).

Given he's currently injured he may have no real choice but to activate it given he'll only get a couple weeks back from injury before having to make that decision. Unless Seibs has already told him to look elsewhere, but I can't see that having happened.

I think Macca with Seggy will be given a go when he returns. Not endorsing it just saying it is the likely scenario
I believe that will happen too. Unfortunately.. turps is shaping up as my fav player now

Not a good comparison though
It's a fucking cracker of a comparison

I don't know, Seibold was always going to give the existing team a chance to prove themselves before he made changes and that's the way things happened. Around the club, the word was that Dearden was going to get a shot this year and that was before we publicly knew about the Warriors wanting Kodi.

He may have stayed but played off the bench if the Warriors hadn't been interested and his form didn't improve.

We're 4 from 5 with Dearden and were 1 from 6 with Nikorima, so whatever the case, I'm happy with how it's played out.
And Turpin is an undefeated NRL player

We're actually 3 from 4 with Dearden and 2 from 7 with Niko.

Might be! He's certainly better than Macca so far. And he can have seggs playing that impact spark role. I'm sure in those two players he has the balance he needs

I believe that will happen too. Unfortunately.. turps is shaping up as my fav player now

It's a fucking cracker of a comparison

And Turpin is an undefeated NRL player
Cheers admin for merging. I'm legit shit at that

**** that spud. Why did he bother fighting back so fast to root us?? Spud needs to stay in the ground

Macca is probably my most disliked player ever at the Broncos.

I'm sure he's a great bloke off the field but on the field, he offers absolutely nothing and it infuriates me everytime I see how slow his passes are or his runs are etc.

He needs to go immediately.

**** that spud. Why did he bother fighting back so fast to root us?? Spud needs to stay in the ground

Something about him sitting in the coaches box every week he was injured didn’t sit well with me. It’s as though he decided to make it awkward for the coaches not to talk shit about him during the game.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.