Andrew McCullough - The Great Enigma

I noticed Hodges got caught out a few times lastnight because he was in covering Prince in defence, the ball got to the speedsters on his outside and he didn't have a chance. Prince is definitely a liability in defence.

I noticed Hodges got caught out a few times lastnight because he was in covering Prince in defence, the ball got to the speedsters on his outside and he didn't have a chance. Prince is definitely a liability in defence.

I noticed it last week as well. Prince's defence is highly suspect.

Yeah BP, he landed some good, solid tackles around the waist in the first 20mins or so.

What I find upsetting, the more I think about it, is why did that impress me so much? That ONE of our players put in a couple of good hits early in the game?? Which logically means that mostly, our defence was very very ordinary. FMD that's depressing.

Yet it was great against the Warriors, we really went out to hurt them, and for the full 80mins. So fucking inconsistent. Gah.

I thought Hunt had one of his 'good' games last night.

Sadly, that's the limit for him as a hooker.

We need to give him an extended go at halfback or get off the pot with him. If it doesn't work, then he's another Brett Seymour/Ben Walker. Life goes on.

2nd mistake after Maranta ... no, no, 3rd (2nd is Norman) is having Macca AND Hunt in the team.

Macca MUST be an 80 minute hooker. It's one key way of getting him to pull his finger all the way out

(Interesting though how much space and time we gave Smith while they were up real quick)

Last edited:
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Just need a world class hooker now.

Imagine, Broncos sign Barba, DCE and Friend.

how long do we persist with macca? watching him play is tiring.

To be frank I wouldn't really care if the club told him to pack his bags too, his had long enough to establish himself and I wouldn't mind if the club gave someone like Baptist or Granville a go or go to the market.

how long do we persist with macca? watching him play is tiring.

I reckon he might be the next to be forced out if he doesn't take the next step already next year. Even the media are beginning to see how mediocre he is at best.

Macca isn't a huge problem compared our poor halves IMO.

Nah disagree. Slow service and slow decision making is likely a fairly big part why the halves aren't playing too well either. Halves are obviously the most important thing we need to get, especially as we have two untested hookers just waiting in reserves, but Macca is still a big problem in our attack.

Macca isn't a huge problem compared our poor halves IMO.

Probably not as much as Norman, Wallace or Prince but his certainly contributed problems to the spine that need to be addressed and given the timeframe his had to do so I think its getting to the stage where he needs to be told to step up or step aside. You don't want to sign a DCE, Barba or another quality player and then have the opportunities squandered by poor decision making from dummy half.

Last edited:

God friend gets over rated. How the **** is he world class?!?

Jake Friend? Quick service, quick thinking, quick out of dummy half and gets through almost as much work in defence as McCullough. I'd say he's the 3rd best hooker in the world at the moment.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.