Andrew McCullough

I'll be the first to admit his attack is lackluster compared to other hookers. I was merely highlighting that IMO what he brings to our ruck defense is completely underated by most, but definitely not by Griffin. I'd go as far to say that he is our best middle defender. With that he merely has to be serviceable with the ball in hand and his spot should not be questioned at all.

I noticed with a lot of the tackles Macca makes he actually targets the ball and locks it up. Definately kills the offload chance.

m1c said:
I'll be the first to admit his attack is lackluster compared to other hookers. I was merely highlighting that IMO what he brings to our ruck defense is completely underated by most, but definitely not by Griffin. I'd go as far to say that he is our best middle defender. With that he merely has to be serviceable with the ball in hand and his spot should not be questioned at all.
lol should not be questioned. Who the **** is he to not be questioned, he hasn't earned that sort of status. Just "serviceable" isn't good enough, I've been happy with him the last 3 weeks, he's improved a lot if he keeps his form people won't bag him.

In the last 2 weeks no one has asked for him to be dropped, but when he was playing shit house for the first 12 rounds people were always going to ask questions. I still think he's slow but if he keeps playing like he has the last few weeks then I'm happy with him, he's been good.

[icon_lol1. I see some very sensitive posters in here.

Let's be real here, people didn't just want Macca dropped, they labelled him never to play first grade again and want any Hinchcliffe or De Gois they could get their hands on.

With Macca starting to get on a roll and Baptiste doing his thing our dummy half situation is looking mighty rosey.

Big Pete said:
[icon_lol1. I see some very sensitive posters in here.

Let's be real here, people didn't just want Macca dropped, they labelled him never to play first grade again and want any Hinchcliffe or De Gois they could get their hands on.

With Macca starting to get on a roll and Baptiste doing his thing our dummy half situation is looking mighty rosey.
Who really labelled Macca to never play again? I remember most people saying he should be dropped for a few weeks and stuff like that

Can't recall but I've seen the comment creep up once or twice and seen just about every ordinary hooker people can name listed as potential replacements.

Pete is 100% correct, the call to drop him forever has creeped up a few times.

draggx said:
Pete is 100% correct, the call to drop him forever has creeped up a few times.

Most of the time it is said in the heat of the moment.

broncospwn said:
m1c said:
lol should not be questioned. Who the **** is he to not be questioned, he hasn't earned that sort of status. Just "serviceable" isn't good enough, I've been happy with him the last 3 weeks, he's improved a lot if he keeps his form people won't bag him.

In the last 2 weeks no one has asked for him to be dropped, but when he was playing shit house for the first 12 rounds people were always going to ask questions. I still think he's slow but if he keeps playing like he has the last few weeks then I'm happy with him, he's been good.

There are plenty of players whos poor defense is overlooked due to the fact they are brilliant attacking players. How is Macca any different? If he is merely serviceable out of dummy half, then IMO he demands a spot in the team as he compensates for this with his outstanding D.

You have to remember that to Griffin defense is a much greater commodity than attack. I don't think Macca's place in the team has ever been under threat this year.

m1c said:
broncospwn said:
m1c said:

There are plenty of players whos poor defense is overlooked due to the fact they are brilliant attacking players. How is Macca any different? If he is merely serviceable out of dummy half, then IMO he demands a spot in the team as he compensates for this with his outstanding D.

You have to remember that to Griffin defense is a much greater commodity than attack. I don't think Macca's place in the team has ever been under threat this year.
Well I can agree with that, his defence is the highlight of his game but if he kept playing like he was in the first 10 rounds I couldn't care less how good his defence was. If he keeps current form I'm more than happy for him to stay in the team.

Most people get pissed off when Macca is shit because we know he has the potential to be a good player(like the last 3 weeks) and he's one of the "senior" members in the squad so he has higher expectations.

Can't handle the ball either.

although thats probably what you are referring to and I'm just a little slow...

I must be the only person unhappy to know Macca won't be playing.

Just watch our ruck open up now. Luke will go well. Huge loss.

m1c said:
Just watch our ruck open up now. Luke will go well. Huge loss.

Only has himself to blame.

Bit of a shame, as he was starting to put some really good performances together.

Hopefully Baptiste will impress.

Jus' saying Macca is probs our best attacking player, we should be shifting him to first or second receiver when we're doing backline movements or need some creativity. Have Norman slot into fullback for a tackle or two each set and let Macca have forwards running off him, have him doing some wrap arounds with our props and he'd be an absolute menace.

I know I've said it before but I'd be tempted to put Wallace at 9 and Macca at 6 with Hunt at 7.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • kiwibronco
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Lurker
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.