Anthony Milford appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
What does that even mean? ? Are you happy being a full on bully at times?

I know exactly how you feel about this and I feel the exact same way. Some of the stuff that blokes like Macca and Reed cop is unnecessary and undeserved, but it will never change mate. I found I just had to let it go because it will just never change. Macca could save someone from a burning building and people would argue that they aren't entirely sure he didn't light the fire in the first place.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah because pointing out a genuine flaw a player has MUST be trolling and not right. I forgot some of you guys like to be a bit precious and only want us to say that all our players are perfect.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah because pointing out a genuine flaw a player has MUST be trolling and not right. I forgot some of you guys like to be a bit precious and only want us to say that all our players are perfect.

That's not the point we were making and you know it.

Saying 'Macca is slow, there is no reason he can't maintain that slowness' when talking about a beep test (or similar) is either showing you have no idea what a beep test is or just taking another opportunity to have a undeserved dig. A beep test gets progressively faster so if he is so fucking slow how did he score high.

You tell yourself whatever you need to to make yourself feel justified though.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Sam Thaiday was a surprisingly strong performer in the beep test, *recording 18.5.

Hooker Andrew McCullough still holds the record with 22.

There is no chance in the world that Thaiday got 18.5 in the beep test and veey sceptical about Maccas 22....

EDIT: Just researched the beep test levels. It only goes to level 21.... So those stats are just guessed I assume

Yo-yo not beep- the speed doesn't increase it is just running and running and running up and back until you drop out. More league specific than beep test.

Here is the All Black's doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwYx62e2VJI

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So...yeah, I clearly have no knowledge of how that test works.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well I didn't realise the yo-yo test didn't increase in speed.

Some of what I said is probably not relevant then.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I know exactly how you feel about this and I feel the exact same way. Some of the stuff that blokes like Sproj cop is unnecessary and undeserved, but it will never change mate. I found I just had to let it go because it will just never change. Sproj could save someone from a burning building and people would argue that they aren't entirely sure he didn't light the fire in the first place.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Is Macca perfect? No. Is he one of the top 3 or 4 hookers in the league? Yes. Is there a difference between pointing out a flaw and making a snide comment? Absolutely.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Is Macca perfect? No. Is he one of the top 3 or 4 hookers in the league? Yes. Is there a difference between pointing out a flaw and making a snide comment? Absolutely.

Exactly, we shouldn't we be trying to have a dig at our players at every opportunity.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I know exactly how you feel about this and I feel the exact same way. Some of the stuff that blokes like Sproj cop is unnecessary and undeserved, but it will never change mate. I found I just had to let it go because it will just never change. Sproj could save someone from a burning building and people would argue that they aren't entirely sure he didn't light the fire in the first place.

You did an amazing job of missing the point there. Truly exemplary.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I thought he hit it brilliantly. ;)

No not really, No one repeatedly has a go at you on every topic no matter whether it is deserved or not.

That is the point I was making with my post, so yeah, point was missed.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Come on guys, can't we all just get along and agree everything I say is pure gold?

Reactions: sus
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Come on guys, can't we all just get along and agree everything I say is pure gold?

I thought it was funny, especially considering the test they were doing required literally no speed, which is probably why he holds the record.

But you know, some people just have to spoil the fun with their hyper-defensive attitudes.

LEAVE ANDREW ALONE.

leave-britney-alone.jpg

J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014

I have no problem with macca in our team he is what he is. .a good quality first grade hooker who serves us well .but to say he is in top 4 in nrl imo is of the mark. I think he sits mid range with a bunch of hookers with different strengths and weaknesses all of which we would argue are better or worse depending on our biases. Putting aside club loyalty and player personalities imo he is not better than smith luke Jake friend Farah or ennis. I think he sits in a group wit h segyaro Glanville balin Nathan friend, depending what you want from your team hooker. But like i said he serves us well. .no team can have the best player in every position.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
I have no problem with macca in our team he is what he is. .a good quality first grade hooker who serves us well .but to say he is in top 4 in nrl imo is of the mark. I think he sits mid range with a bunch of hookers with different strengths and weaknesses all of which we would argue are better or worse depending on our biases. Putting aside club loyalty and player personalities imo he is not better than smith luke Jake friend Farah or ennis. I think he sits in a group wit h segyaro Glanville balin Nathan friend, depending what you want from your team hooker. But like i said he serves us well. .no team can have the best player in every position.
Fair point. Hooker is a position that has a lot of depth in the NRL at the moment and how you rank them is a subjective thing. For me his consistency puts him ahead of the Glanville, Ballin group and his discipline puts him ahead of Luke although he can be outstanding on his day. I also find it hard to discount their personalities when assessing them and so would rate him above Ennis and Farah simply because I think he would be less divisive in the team environment. Either way I am really hopeful that Macca will take his game to another level this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • maddo
  • leon.bott
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Spoon
  • Skyblues87
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.