Anthony Milford Discussion

I want Milford to run the ball as much as he can especially early in the halves. All the time he draws in defence to stop him early then spread it wide simple.

Perfectly said. Any further questions @Lockysillegitimatechild just re-read this..

Yeah nah. Milf's effort was there. Silly comment. Execution was off. They scored one try...and Thaiday was to blame.
Clutching at straws, but solid bro for bro, though.

He's too talented to play the way he has this year. He has played like a lazy self entitled brat. I know he is carrying injuries but he was playing like that way before those injuries.

I want Milford to run the ball as much as he can especially early in the halves. All the time he draws in defence to stop him early then spread it wide simple.

So you're not in the 'Milf needs to take control' camp? Because he can't do everything himself. He either works on his game management/kicking/playmaking at the expense of his natural running/support game, or he sacrifices some control over the game for the sake of his best attributes. Personally, I think he should not wear himself out early in either half, unless it's on like Donkey Kong. He can be guilty at times of not doing enough, or doing too much. He's still finding the balance, but for me it's support play that is letting him down. The guy supports on everything, and doesn't get enough in return.

He's too talented to play the way he has this year. He has played like a lazy self entitled brat. I know he is carrying injuries but he was playing like that way before those injuries.

Oh come on, he was one of our best before he was injured, and even after that is always putting in. Some of you are ridiculous with your expectations, that he should play like he did in the '15 GF when half of the team are playing like 'lazy self entitled brats' a lot of the time.

Milford, due to his nature, doesn't set the tone of attitude, he responds to it..and he is slowly learning to correct that. But have a look at how shit house the attitude has been from the others around him, and then remember how a 5/8 thrives and how a 5/8 doesn't.

The way I see it, any performance since Round 14 has been a bonus considering his season was supposed to be over. I have no doubt if he gets his act together in the pre-season he can take his game to another level. Unfortunately the problem with Milford right now is that he hasn't improved that much since 2015. He's still committing a lot of silly errors, defensively he hasn't improved one iota and his running game is a shadow of itself. Every great in the game have gone through their share of patchy form, hopefully Milford can come out of the other side. I would absolutely hate it if he was a one and done Origin player.

The way I see it, any performance since Round 14 has been a bonus considering his season was supposed to be over. I have no doubt if he gets his act together in the pre-season he can take his game to another level. Unfortunately the problem with Milford right now is that he hasn't improved that much since 2015. He's still committing a lot of silly errors, defensively he hasn't improved one iota and his running game is a shadow of itself. Every great in the game have gone through their share of patchy form, hopefully Milford can come out of the other side. I would absolutely hate it if he was a one and done Origin player.

I believe if he comes into next season with a good quality attitude adjustment then the sky is the limit for him. He can do it all but to me seems to lack the mentality required to become the caliber of player that his talent is worthy of.

Oh come on, he was one of our best before he was injured, and even after that is always putting in. Some of you are ridiculous with your expectations, that he should play like he did in the '15 GF when half of the team are playing like 'lazy self entitled brats' a lot of the time.

Milford, due to his nature, doesn't set the tone of attitude, he responds to it..and he is slowly learning to correct that. But have a look at how shit house the attitude has been from the others around him, and then remember how a 5/8 thrives and how a 5/8 doesn't.

Whilst I was harsh on Milford I still stand by what I said. If the nature of Milford isn't going to set the tone of attitude then he shouldn't be the highest paid player at the club.

Whilst I was harsh on Milford I still stand by what I said. If the nature of Milford isn't going to set the tone of attitude then he shouldn't be the highest paid player at the club.

You're right...Boyd should get that. Quality attitude his last few performances...

We've seen Milf at his best (how much better can he be than '15?) - he has room to improve, but if you want the best out of Milf, you need the best out of everyone else too. Like it or continue to lump it, he is who he is. He is not Lockyer. He's got the most lethal running game in the biz at his best, but having inconsistent support in the halves and under performing forwards is going to hamper that.

I thought he was good last night, without being great. I'm expecting a massive game from him next week.

You're right...Boyd should get that. Quality attitude his last few performances...

We've seen Milf at his best (how much better can he be than '15?) - he has room to improve, but if you want the best out of Milf, you need the best out of everyone else too. Like it or continue to lump it, he is who he is. He is not Lockyer. He's got the most lethal running game in the biz at his best, but having inconsistent support in the halves and under performing forwards is going to hamper that.

I thought he was good last night, without being great. I'm expecting a massive game from him next week.

He wasn't bad last night. Don't get me wrong it isn't all his fault either. I believe his attitude needs adjusting though.

He wasn't bad last night. Don't get me wrong it isn't all his fault either. I believe his attitude needs adjusting though.

I don't think his attitude is a problem at all. He has dropped some weight, and is playing like a tough son of a bitch considering his injury. His decision making is what needs to improve.

Definitely not an attitude trying his hardest every week and putting his body on the line in defence.

Just needs to be more dominant.

1DEhf.gif

I don't think his attitude is a problem at all. He has dropped some weight, and is playing like a tough son of a bitch considering his injury. His decision making is what needs to improve.

Ok then Mr Milford.

I guess we should just be happy with half breaks and that he isn't dropping as many balls these days.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.