Anthony Milford Discussion

There's a half done Milford, and there's Shane Perry. Careful what you wish for

I guess we should just be happy with half breaks and that he isn't dropping as many balls these days.
I don't mind these half breaks the last couple of games... They'll turn into line breaks at some point. Milford will poke around the ruck and make his little half breaks for a couple of games before he explodes.

I hope he looks at how Morgan has been going and knuckles down and starts working hard.

The way Morgan progressed his game this year is precisely how I hoped Milford would progress, I guess the difference is that Milford is trying to learn from Hunt, Morgan is learning from Thurston.

The way Morgan progressed his game this year is precisely how I hoped Milford would progress, I guess the difference is that Milford is trying to learn from Hunt, Morgan is learning from Thurston.
That actually makes sense. Since Walters left, we've had no one at the Broncos capable of teaching Milford the fine nuances to go to the next level as a half. In terms of progress he has stagnated since then, and of course injuries and a few extra kegs didn't help.

I still think people are too demanding of a 23 y/o kid, and I would join in if I believed for a moment it is a question of attitude, but that is definitely not the case imo, as I see him putting in every single game, and being more often than not, guilty of trying too hard.

He needs to find a balance, and know when to take a chance, be conservative, or take a back seat. More than that, he needs players around him capable of giving him the platform to play from, as well as the support to back his initiatives.

Didn't Lockyer offer to help coach Milford a bit and Milford rejected it? I seem to remember something like that in the news last year.

His attitude on the field is fine.

It's his attitude off the field. That's where the problem is, and why he won't progress into the player we all know he can be until he fixes it and puts in the effort off the field.

Didn't Lockyer offer to help coach Milford a bit and Milford rejected it? I seem to remember something like that in the news last year.

Why the Fk would you reject that!

Active Now

• Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.