Anthony Milford Discussion

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Some people should watch some vids of Milford to see his passing game, long and short, and of course his running game just to feel good.

Maybe some people ought to wait for a decent attacking coach to show fully what we had in 2015.

I for one thought Milford was fucking outstanding in 2015, and truth be told, in his NRL years before '15.

Worth every cent. Hope the same can be said of our attacking coaching staff, and pretty soon at that.

He is potentially worth every cent. When he puts everything together in his game, he is unplayable. I think he still needs to work on things though. He just doesn't produce it enough yet to warrant such money, but I guess you have to gamble he will produce regularly and pay him probably more than he is worth at the current time to keep him.

I still think a mentally right Foran will work wonders for Milfs game.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He is potentially worth every cent. When he puts everything together in his game, he is unplayable. I think he still needs to work on things though. He just doesn't produce it enough yet to warrant such money, but I guess you have to gamble he will produce regularly and pay him probably more than he is worth at the current time to keep him.

I still think a mentally right Foran will work wonders for Milfs game.

For mine, a "mentally right" Foran is up there at the top of the tree of halves. He and Milford and Foran + Milford would be unstoppable.

As well, and I know I have my opponents so to speak for this view, Milford's form is also very much a coaching issue, particularly as I put it above: unlocking this team's true potential of which we glimpsed large parts in 2015.

Atm, it's just too much As discussedhoc football for mine, although our results against the very best show what we could achieve if everything clicked.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So do we need to talk about Bennett in a new thread?

I really like Bennett as head coach. He is 2nd to none at managing attitude, self belief and defence amongst other things.

I'm just waiting for JD to show his colours as our attacking coach. (I remember a friend once said to me the secret to being the best manager is to surround yourself with experts.)

jd123

jd123

NYC Player
Nov 3, 2016
I would suggest you go back and watch the footage. One game to watch, Round 6 2016 vs Dragons.
Okay so how long has it been since then? And moving forward what does a good game in 6 round in 2016 have to do with 2017 form or potential form? Answer=Nothing

Is this a supporters forum or a wannabe expert bitchfest?
My understanding is it is a supporters forum where supporters can voice the good and the bad about the team as a whole and individual players. Just because some people, myself included think our recruitment and retention is an absolute shambles does not mean that those opinions cannot be expressed.
I am all for signing and retaining players for the future and making sure we don't let any good players go (how often has that happened?) but I am also against putting players on a pedestal and calling them great and throwing wads of cash at them just because they are in the position or have played well a few times per year.
Milford fits that bill exactly, even on NRL 360 tonight they are talking about contracts and how Milford puts on weight on the off season and is a lazy trainer.
That tells me he is not totally one hundred percent focused on being what he potentially could be, yes he is only 23 but so what, its what you do week in week out that counts and he to me is not worth big dollars.
I would offer him an incentive based contract only with options for both sides.

You're an insult to this forum
Thanks Babe.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Paul Kent just came out and called milf a lazy trainer. His spare wheel definitely gives the claim some weight.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Paul Kent just came out and called milf a lazy trainer. His spare wheel definitely gives the claim some weight.

I can't imagine Paul Kent has any idea what goes on at Broncos training.

He hates us so much, I doubt he spends any time watching us train.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
For the record he literally said that Benji Marshall was his source, so I believe him. He said that Marshall was horrified at how lazy Milford was at training / in the weight room.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
For the record he literally said that Benji Marshall was his source, so I believe him. He said that Marshall was horrified at how lazy Milford was at training / in the weight room.
Really? I missed that part.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Milford was lazy at training but Surely there are professional trainers at the broncos that would whip him into shape or at least they should be whipping him.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I can't imagine Bennett and the training staff allowing this to be the case?

N

_noosh

NYC Player
Oct 3, 2016
Didn't particularly want to get involved in this shitfest, but for those out-of-the-loop, or missing some context, this is the video of the criticism of milford:

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
That'll go down well... next week "Breaking", "Benji Released"

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It could be interpreted as hypothetical. Benji is horrified just means that a hard training experienced half who can make the team would be annoyed by a young guy keeping him out of the team slacking off.

I really doubt Benji actually told Kent that he witnessed it and was horrified.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Doesn't come across as hypothetical to me, comes across as Kent having a convo with Benji and Benji expressing his concerns over Milfords work ethic.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if there was truth in this, albeit probably not in the terms Kent spoke.

It would be very easy for a young guy like Milf to read all the praise about him, see what he can do on the paddock, and convince himself that his talent will carry him where other guys get through really hard work.
It's up to WB to get in his head and show him what true greatness is about, and how much better he could be if he does put in the effort.

Imagine what Milford could be with a Cronk like work ethic!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
They have a point. If he could get Cronks work ethic he would be in the top 3 halves in the game already imo. I suppose there is always going to be a fair bit of pressure and criticism of him purely because everyone knows he is a freakish talent. Its also a fair point about him that he is only 22. But i do kind of agree if he worked a bit harder, he would be better.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.