Anthony Milford Discussion

His running game in 16 and 17 was pretty bad compared to 15 and earlier.

And you think he has lost that or is at risk of losing it?

I do feel he has lost a little since 2015. He was bursting through half gaps that year but the last 2 seasons he always got stopped via a jersey grab or just caught from behind.

Dear lord, someone please help Anthony before it's too late.

DUINf_yVAAAUQQ0.jpg:large

Dear lord, someone please help Anthony before it's too late.

DUINf_yVAAAUQQ0.jpg:large
Sims doesn't look too intimidatingly big there. Our team has gotten a lot bigger this year but a lot of those bigger juniors are a few years off. Our team will still be dwarfed by the cowboys and Melbourne. I know size isn't everything but it certainly seems to be the way the stronger teams have headed the last 2-3 years in particular (the opposite of what everyone predicted when our smaller forward with less interchanges style produced in 2015)

That makes sense to me.

I wonder how many of the people on hear complaining about his weight have ever played competitive full contact sport at a competitive level. How much do they really know about sports science

This.

Chill out everyone. He short in height so his natural mass is low when lean, his playing style is cutting in through the line and sideways shorts. IF he is too lean he will have sore ribs each week and struggle to break tackles. The extra pood can help with impact assistance and breaking free.

I dunno why people are so touchy about Milford. When we noticed or joked about Thaiday's fat, everyone joined in then.

No, not everyone

There is nothing wrong with questioning a blokes fitness, perhaps commenting that 'gee he looks a bit overweight'

But firstly a bit overweight and 'fat' are two completely different things, and society in general seems to have overlooked this

As soon as you're carrying 3 Kgs more than you should you're labelled fat

It's a joke

And secondly, it didn't even stop at "Milford is Fat"

It went on (and on and on) with jokes about KFC buckets (Milf) and pies eating contests (Sam)

It's simply not OK

The fact that fat jokes are supposedly OK when you dare not jest about race or disability or damn near anything else is the biggest joke of all

This.

Chill out everyone. He short in height so his natural mass is low when lean, his playing style is cutting in through the line and sideways shorts. IF he is too lean he will have sore ribs each week and struggle to break tackles. The extra pood can help with impact assistance and breaking free.
Maybe so, but it will also slow him down whilst also reducing his endurance and his explosive power.

There simply has to be a balance. Look at how being a few kg’s overweight impacted Inglis a few seasons back as an example. Now he’s lean again and was back to his distructive best before injury. There was no way even a slightly overweight Inglis ran away from the Morris brother in Origin like he did a few years ago.

That said, I certainly agree that the jokes are not constructive, but equally I don’t agree that we can’t comment constructively.

No, not everyone

There is nothing wrong with questioning a blokes fitness, perhaps commenting that 'gee he looks a bit overweight'

But firstly a bit overweight and 'fat' are two completely different things, and society in general seems to have overlooked this

As soon as you're carrying 3 Kgs more than you should you're labelled fat

It's a joke

And secondly, it didn't even stop at "Milford is Fat"

It went on (and on and on) with jokes about KFC buckets (Milf) and pies eating contests (Sam)

It's simply not OK

The fact that fat jokes are supposedly OK when you dare not jest about race or disability or damn near anything else is the biggest joke of all

Who dares not jest about race, disability or anything else?

I dare.

Yes the fat Milf jokes are played out, but do remember, a joke is a joke. You have the right to not be offended.

And fat is gross.

Who dares not jest about race, disability or anything else?

I dare.

Yes the fat Milf jokes are played out, but do remember, a joke is a joke. You have the right to not be offended.

And fat is gross.
It's a shit joke at someone else's expense tho, I think the real joke is how bitchy a group of adults are acting about a young man holding abit of weight on the off season, says a lot about their character really

So people are getting upset over the use of the word "fat". Is that offensive? I'm sorry.

Guys from now on we'll call milford clinically obese. Don't use the term fat, it's offensive.

It's a shit joke at someone else's expense tho, I think the real joke is how bitchy a group of adults are acting about a young man holding abit of weight on the off season, says a lot about their character really

You are born with your race and cultural heritage. You aren't born fat though.

You perceive it as 'being bitchy', they perceive it as a laugh. Most jokes are at someone else's expense, and fat people are as fair game as anyone else. It's such a non-issue, and yet people are so keen to take offence on someone else's behalf. If you don't like it, then ignore it, you don't have to censor every fucking thing in life, least of all jokes.

Haven't posted for a while, but the numbness of the off-season has brought me back.

BHQ - offseason team thread, the joys.

Haven't posted for a while, but the numbness of the off-season has brought me back.

BHQ - offseason team thread, the joys.

Man Milf looks fat in your pic. How many footys could you fit in his gut?

You perceive it as 'being bitchy', they perceive it as a laugh. Most jokes are at someone else's expense, and fat people are as fair game as anyone else. It's such a non-issue, and yet people are so keen to take offence on someone else's behalf. If you don't like it, then ignore it, you don't have to censor every fucking thing in life, least of all jokes.
I'm not offended at all, I just think it's childish and ridiculous. Especially considering he's not fat

Active Now

• bazza
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • bert_lifts
  • Griffo
  • Santa
  • Emanon
  • Fitzy
  • The Don
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.