RUMOUR Anthony Milford to the Storm

What shits me is Joey was inducted (?) pretty much the second the 5 year minimum requirement had elapsed.

Locky had twice the career Joey did and there's been no mention of it.

I can't remember Mal playing; and I'm 30.

What shits me is Joey was inducted (?) pretty much the second the 5 year minimum requirement had elapsed.

I'm convinced Joey was only made an immortal to give the NSWankers a good news story in the middle of Qld's absolute domination of everything rugby league.

They knew the next 5 Immortals were going to be Queenslanders, so had to squeeze one of their own in there.

It's the NRL bro, nothing but corruption and agendas.

NSW were desperate to get an 'immortal' in after (shock horror!) A Qld'er was inducted...

So they picked a bloke who got replaced in his own position by Noddy Bloody Kimmorley of all players!

No disrespect to Kimmorley, btw. But to suggest he was in the same league as an immortal, let alone a preference in said immortal's preferred position at the height of his career makes an absolute disgrace of the entire concept. Then add injury to insult if you wish and mention that Geoff Toovey also replaced our 'immortal' in his own favoured position... Never happened to any other immortal, yet happened to Johns twice...

IMHO, Super League is the only reason Johns became an immortal and that was because he 'stayed loyal'. If he had gone to the Hunter Mariners and had played the same way, he wouldn't be an immortal, pure and simple.

Last edited:
I'm convinced Joey was only made an immortal to give the NSWankers a good news story in the middle of Qld's absolute domination of everything rugby league.

They knew the next 5 Immortals were going to be Queenslanders, so had to squeeze one of their own in there.
Yeah and the **** has been swanning around for 5 years referring to himself as 'The Eigth'. Classy bloke

I don't have a problem with Johns being an immortal. Him, Mal, Lockyer, Smith and Thurston should all be there eventually. Just as good as any of the previous entries. Don't think Cronk or Slater are anywhere near that class though. Slater has thrown too many balls over the sideline to be one.

I don't have a problem with Johns being an immortal. Him, Mal, Lockyer, Smith and Thurston should all be there eventually. Just as good as any of the previous entries. Don't think Cronk or Slater are anywhere near that class though. Slater has thrown too many balls over the sideline to be one.

Something that struck me watching the clips posted above was that Rabs was commenting on Mal being a future immortal, before he even retired. Here we are now two decades later, and he's still not, even after transitioning into the most successful origin coach Ever and now being the Australian coach.

All Joey has done since retirement is admit to taking drugs throughout his career and seem whacked out every time he's on tv - and this was apparently good enough for an auto selection as an immortal.

I never realised I was this pissed off about this until now lol.

How about that Milford guy though

Last edited:
Speaking of immortals, this choice quote from The Daily Telegraph...

FORGET the battle for this year’s World Cup.
The greatest contest in international rugby league right now is not between nations.
It’s between teammates.
Cameron Smith v Johnathan Thurston.
Tell us, who are you on in the race to be the next Immortal?
The ongoing debate delivered another enthralling chapter as Australia defeated New Zealand 30-12 in the Anzac Test.

Do they honestly think the next two immortals to be named will be two blokes still running around? Rugby league "experts" seriously seem to lack any capability to think beyond the present. These blokes are excellent players, yes, but there have been just as excellent players who have played over the last 10-20 years who would have to be considered WELL before these two, with the bleeding obvious being one Darren James Lockyer. That's obviously only really counting the Origin era of the sport, but I'm not gonna pretend I have any knowledge of how good blokes like Norm Provan were.

You're all funny fuckers.

NS1xu1E1ZQ1Tq.gif
JLaw would never do that to me mate... she loves her SVRL CEO.

Johns -

249 NRL games, 80 tries, 61.85% win rate
23 NSW games, 4 tries, 56.52% win rate
23 AUS games, 9 tries, 86.96% win rate
4x Dally M Halfback of the Year
3x Dally M Player of the Year
1x Dally M Rep Player of the Year
2x Golden Boot winner
1x Clive Churchill Medal
2x Premierships
1x Drug Scandal
1x Racism Scandal

Lockyer -

355 NRL games, 123 tries, 66.76% win rate
36 QLD games, 9 tries, 52.78% win rate
59 AUS games, 35 tries, 83.05% win rate
3x Dally M Fullback of the Year
3x Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year
2x Dally M Rep Player of the Year
2x Golden Boot winner
1x Clive Churchill Medal
4x Premierships
0x Drug Scandal
0x Racism Scandal

Pretty hard to split them.. apart from the last few lines of text. Lockyer should 100% be the next immortal.

I may be wrong, but i didn't think the nrl had anything to do with the "immortals", wasn't it a media concept ie; rlw mag?????

It was until RLW closed down this year, NRL own it now.

I thought this was the 'Anthony Milford to the Storm' thread and not an 'Immortals' thread?

Speaking of immortals, this choice quote from The Daily Telegraph...

Do they honestly think the next two immortals to be named will be two blokes still running around? Rugby league "experts" seriously seem to lack any capability to think beyond the present. These blokes are excellent players, yes, but there have been just as excellent players who have played over the last 10-20 years who would have to be considered WELL before these two, with the bleeding obvious being one Darren James Lockyer. That's obviously only really counting the Origin era of the sport, but I'm not gonna pretend I have any knowledge of how good blokes like Norm Provan were.

They have no idea..... in last few years of lockyer's careeer they were saying lockyer vs "whoever"next immortal 5 years on they forget him.. then say SMith vs thurston next immortal... 5 years on from now they will do the same thing again they are idiots.

I only remember footy from about 1986 onwards and I was only 7 at the time. Anything under 35y/o and I'd seriously question your ability to have an opinion on Mal. I really only caught the tail end of his career, in my living memory at least, but even then he was superb.

im 35. so.. yeah cut that ... im entitled to my own opinion.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.