RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I really don’t see how it is derogatory tbh, except if by saying it, it’s implied that Boyd wasn’t actually ever talented enough to be in the NRL and some sort of quasi-nepotism situation occurred.
That's how I read it too, and more than that, also exactly my thoughts on the matter.

I find it quite entertaining that people defending attacks on Boyd are more than happy to ignore or even pile on Seibold, who had to endure a filthy smear campaign against him, that almost certainly also had a severe impact to his immediate family.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Absolutely baffles me too. I’ve never been full steam ahead on the Siebold train, but the attacks have made me feel it necessary to stand up for him, both here and when talking to mates. I just find the abuse inhuman...
The whole thing has been really disappointing.
I'm not about to say I was a huge Siebold fan, I was always very iffy on signing him in the fashion we did and I never liked him getting a 5 year deal in the first place, but he looked to be a decent coach in his first year and as disappointed as I was by the sacking of Bennett one year early, I was hoping we'd get a promising coach who could apply a few tweaks, introduce some ruck control, and a few set plays to take this team from competitive, to ruthless. Instead we got endless drama, multiple dickheads in the playing group, and a coach who while he might be a good coach in a decent system, absolutely collapsed under the weight of the chaos.

I'm not about to feel sorry for him though, he's essentially pocketed 3 million dollars in his 2 years here, now he can fade off behind the scenes and re-enter the game in a low profile position with a huge bank account as a safety net to pick and choose what he wants to do.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm not about to say I was a huge Siebold fan, I was always very iffy on signing him in the fashion we did and I never liked him getting a 5 year deal in the first place, but he looked to be a decent coach in his first year and as disappointed as I was by the sacking of Bennett one year early, I was hoping we'd get a promising coach who could apply a few tweaks, introduce some ruck control, and a few set plays to take this team from competitive, to ruthless. Instead we got endless drama, multiple dickheads in the playing group, and a coach who while he might be a good coach in a decent system, absolutely collapsed under the weight of the chaos.

I'm not about to feel sorry for him though, he's essentially pocketed 3 million dollars in his 2 years here, now he can fade off behind the scenes and re-enter the game in a low profile position with a huge bank account as a safety net to pick and choose what he wants to do.
Why do you feel sorry for Boyd? He certainly has a huge back account at the Broncos cost too and has been phoning it in the last 2 years (at least) as well.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Why do you feel sorry for Boyd? He certainly has a huge back account at the Broncos cost too and has been phoning it in the last 2 years (at least) as well.
Where do I feel sorry for Boyd? **** him too. I can't wait for both of those useless hacks to leave the club, hopefully with Milford.

T

TevitaPaperbagJunior

BRL Player
Aug 25, 2020

I’m not a Seibold fan, but the vitriol he’s copped is unheralded and completely over the top and unneeded. Why isn’t the bird copping it like he is? They’re performing much worse than him.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Seibold might be good elsewhere one day, either for an established squad or a disciplined and hungry team. Unfortunately, he's not the kinda coach that could fix the mess that is our current playing group. He could have had all the potential in the world, but he can't get past this massive speed bump. If I'm giving him the absolute benefit of the doubt, He was unfortunately the wrong coach at the wrong time and we definitely couldn't keep him in this role.

What I'm looking forward to now is someone that's going to come in and change the culture.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Where do I feel sorry for Boyd? **** him too. I can't wait for both of those useless hacks to leave the club, hopefully with Milford.
You sounded pretty defensive of Boyd's treatment, which was nothing compared to what Seibs has been subjected to.

Anyway, let's leave the subject and return to the topic.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You sounded pretty defensive of Boyd's treatment, which was nothing compared to what Seibs has been subjected to.

Anyway, let's leave the subject and return to the topic.
Only because that same poster got annoyed about the fatty Seibold remarks, I found it ironic, that's all. I don't actually care for Boyd or Seibold personally. As a fan I despise them both. I definitely want both to **** off and have no involvement with the club moving forward. Bring on 2021, I actually can't wait for the change.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The players were all on the piss on Saturday afternoon on the deck at the Clive Berghoffer Centre and seemed in ‘quite good spirits’. I suspect that’s when they found out...

Was it “mission accomplished” drinks? Surely these guys wouldn’t practice white anting...

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Was it “mission accomplished” drinks? Surely these guys wouldn’t practice white anting...

I have no idea. I just saw them there enjoying a few drinks. I suspect it was a ‘bring them together’ event.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • BroncosMan
  • Financeguy
  • rnabokov
  • Mustafur
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Accept
  • Porthoz
  • The Boss
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Volvo Driver
  • Griffo
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.