RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
So you don't need a vaccine for a virus that you can get again ? So you're happy to give it another crack after the first time? Yeah makes sense! I mean if you don't die by jumping off the bridge the first time , you just go again đź‘Ť
Yeah it's really running rampant through Qld right now like they keep telling us it will despite there being no vaccine. This isn't the thread for it, this is all about celebrating the real virus being eradicated from Red Hill - i've posted in the conspiracy thread if you want to have a back and forth over it.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Sure. But answer me this: does all of the above stop super coach from dropping poorly performing players over the last two years?

Does it make him woeful at handling an interchange bench?

Does it make him suffer from horrible accountability and honesty issues in all of his press conferences?

Does it make him wait until he's absolutely forced through injury to bring in Dearden this year when he's been one of our best?

Does it force him to give Bullemor a handful of minutes on the field when he does really well?

I could go on but it's been done to death.
It seems that the perfect storm occurred here. The coach was just not up to the task that these players dished up. The board either didn't back him or actually stood in his way. They players as some pointed out both didn't show up and had delusions of grandeur. No leadership all round topped it off.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Are you implying this is fake?

View attachment 9595
I actually don't find that sort of stuff funny. I'm a fan of rugby league and I appreciate the players and staff behind the scenes who bring us the games each and every week. One thing I don't do, is attack players for their personal issues in life.

I think Boyd is a shit player now and I can't wait for him to retire but I'm not about to make fun of his upbringing the same way I wouldn't make fun of Seibold's family issues with his daughter. It's okay to be a passionate fan and think players/coaches are shit but we don't have to drag their personal lives into it.

He's gone at the end of the year, and I wish him well in life. I extended those same wishes to Seibold no matter how absolute and utter garbage of a coach I think he is.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Still don't see any dad references in there. I didn't know players and coaches can't get along well without becoming a step dad.
If he had a father, you wouldn't use the daddy line, simple as that. It's an insult and you're being hypocritical by not admitting it.

There doesn't need to be a specific reference to "dad". I am not insulting Boyd (or Bennett). I am criticising Boyd's behaviour based on his allegiance to Bennett rather than to the club he professed to love

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
There doesn't need to be a specific reference to "dad". I am not insulting Boyd (or Bennett). I am criticising Boyd's behaviour based on his allegiance to Bennett rather than to the club he professed to love
Of course you are when you call his former boss his dad and only do that to the one player who doesn't have a dad. Why not Milford? He's been an absolute shit **** of a player since Bennett left. You know exactly what you're doing but whatever man, you do you. I'll just find it amusing when you get annoyed about people calling a coach fat while doing something far worse yourself.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I actually don't find that sort of stuff funny. I'm a fan of rugby league and I appreciate the players and staff behind the scenes who bring us the games each and every week. One thing I don't do, is attack players for their personal issues in life.

I think Boyd is a shit player now and I can't wait for him to retire but I'm not about to make fun of his upbringing the same way I wouldn't make fun of Seibold's family issues with his daughter. It's okay to be a passionate fan and think players/coaches are shit but we don't have to drag their personal lives into it.

He's gone at the end of the year, and I wish him well in life. I extended those same wishes to Seibold no matter how absolute and utter garbage of a coach I think he is.
Well I'm not going to argue against your higher ground - that would be a losing proposition - but from my point of view, it's not purely personal, and not at all meant to be as sinister as you're suggesting. From our point of view, Wayne dragged Boyd around with him, with let's just say mixed response from fans, and finally dumped him here on us where he's been nothing short of a burden. So, this mock poster is lampooning that, not his real life family drama, of which most fans are blissfully unaware. Or as you see it, insensitive.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Of course you are when you call his former boss his dad and only do that to the one player who doesn't have a dad. Why not Milford? He's been an absolute shit **** of a player since Bennett left. You know exactly what you're doing but whatever man, you do you. I'll just find it amusing when you get annoyed about people calling an ex-coach fat while doing something far worse yourself.

fyp

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well I'm not going to argue against your higher ground - that would be a losing proposition - but from my point of view, it's not purely personal, and not at all meant to be as sinister as you're suggesting. From our point of view, Wayne dragged Boyd around with him, with let's just say mixed response from fans, and finally dumped him here on us where he's been nothing short of a burden. So, this mock poster is lampooning that, not his real life family drama, of which most fans are blissfully unaware. Or as you see it, insensitive.
TBH the only reason I brought it up is the same poster was making an argument against calling Seibold a fatty which is a bit whatever to me.

As for Boyd though, it almost paid off bringing him here so I'm not going to bag out Bennett for it but I will bag out Bennett for his part in signing him on a 4 year deal. It's sad that even as far as he's fallen he's still the best fullback we have this year... Luckily for us fans though, Boyd hasn't taken up his option for the following year so we'll get to see the back of him in a few weeks and I can't wait. Hopefully Milford is out the door with him in some off season trade.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Nobody was insulting Seibold when they called him fat either. They were just criticising his eating habits and allegiance to food or something, right? You’re full of shit

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nobody was insulting Seibold when they called him fat either. They were just criticising his eating habits and allegiance to food or something, right? You’re full of shit

Are you serious? Calling Seibold a fat **** is "just criticising his eating habits and allegiance to food or something, right?" which in any case, is fucking irrelevant to his coaching?

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
CM just reporting now Seibs has called a press conference for tomorrow at 9am - first he wants to tell his players face to face that he is departing. Also said to be extremely hurt/disappointed over Phil Murphy's comments yesterday - that is understandable as they were pretty cruel.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Are you serious? Calling Seibold a fat **** is "just criticising his eating habits and allegiance to food or something, right?" which in any case, is fucking irrelevant to his coaching?
Of course I wasn’t serious. But I’m glad you now see how ridiculous your bullshit reasoning was.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Of course I wasn’t serious. But I’m glad you now see how ridiculous your bullshit reasoning was.

I'll concede defeat. You are just far too subtle for me

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Of course you are when you call his former boss his dad and only do that to the one player who doesn't have a dad. Why not Milford? He's been an absolute shit **** of a player since Bennett left. You know exactly what you're doing but whatever man, you do you. I'll just find it amusing when you get annoyed about people calling a coach fat while doing something far worse yourself.

Yes, I know exactly what I am doing, and I will continue to do what I do, and, cop any fair criticism as a result.

My point about Boyd is in large part to point to the problems implicit and explicit, in a relationship between player and coach, his boss as you rightly say, that extends way beyond what for mine, is reasonably expected of that relationship. The fact that Boyd didn't have a father has absolutely nothing to do with my criticism of him, or his relationship with Bennett. It's the relationship in question which grounds my arguments, a relationship so deep that it could, and I say it did, blur the boundaries between the personal and the professional.

A relationship, a professional relationship between player and coach where the coach says things like:

Bennett: "But then again what they can't understand and wouldn't understand and never understand is that nothing can break the bond that we have."

"There were some forces at work with him, but he always kept me informed and my challenge was for not to implicate him in what was happening with me and I told him not to worry about me. Just get on and be the captain of the club for the whole of the club."

And further quoting the article I cited above:

The 69-year-old said Boyd approached him in tears, fearing for his NRL career.

"I was in the gym at the time and he walked in and had tears in his eyes," he said.

"I said, 'What's wrong mate?' and he said, 'They don't want me here, they told me that they're not going to re-sign me'.

"I just looked at him and said, 'Well you're with me, wherever I go, I'll take you'."

For mine, that is a very special relationship, effectively one where Bennett behaves as Boyd's de facto father, and one I do not begrudge themt, but one which is fraught with, as I said above, the possibilities that boundaries between the personal and professional are at risk, and with the consequences I believe resulted in Boyd's behaviours here after Bennett was sacked.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wayne-...-sacking/9de0f6f5-03a9-4109-8e1c-6ba56ef670cd

If I am wrong, on the facts as I see them, please criticise my post. I welcome it, for then, I too can learn from any mistakes I make.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

There’s a good coach in there somewhere lol that’s classic.

he’s cleaned up about $2million for 18 months work, Not bad if you can get it

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
CM just reporting now Seibs has called a press conference for tomorrow at 9am - first he wants to tell his players face to face that he is departing. Also said to be extremely hurt/disappointed over Phil Murphy's comments yesterday - that is understandable as they were pretty cruel.
Wonder how much payout he got? Guess it will come out at some stage.
I hope White fronts up tomorrow too. He was all tough talk when he sacked bennett making himself out the big man who could make the tough calls. Let's see how he goes now it's all turned to shit. Hope he gets some tough questions to answer.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • The Boss
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Volvo Driver
  • Griffo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.