RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Plenty of people are blaming Boyd and saying Seibold was white anted and didn’t have a fair shot. You’re obviously avoiding that so you can spin it but that’s to be expected. Also have you seen social media recently? Seibold has definitely become the victim, especially for fans of other clubs who think the Broncos are evil. Wasn’t onlu talking talking about here, otherwise I would have quoted one of the few who have made excuses for him.

I assume you are referring to my post. I am not excusing Seibold in the slightest, I can't stand the ****. I was simply saying that the coach following Bennett usually fails. Do I think Seibold would have failed here regardless? yes. I don't think that changes the fact that he walked in up against it. I was more meaning it towards the next coach having it better because the players can't stand Seibold so he will get buy in pretty quickly.

As for Boyd I don't like him, sorry but that's just the way it is. I absolutely respect him for his mental health battles and the work he is doing in that space. I have absolutely no respect for the way he has played in the latter part of his career and his overall attitude which I believe (solely my opinion) has had a negative impact on other players.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
The best part is we're going to get daily updates from Ch7/CM as to the state of his office. What a world we live in.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I’d love for Boyd to get some token job at the titans next to Tallis.
I hope he announces he's playing on. This 2020 version of Boyd is excellent. We still need him.

I'm not joking

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I don't believe the virus is made up, I just dont believe a vaccine is required.

And yes it was a smokescreen, evidenced by him no longer being our coach lol.
So you don't need a vaccine for a virus that you can get again ? So you're happy to give it another crack after the first time? Yeah makes sense! I mean if you don't die by jumping off the bridge the first time , you just go again 👍

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I hope he announces he's playing on. This 2020 version of Boyd is excellent. We still need him.

Of course we still need him. We need him to get the playing group solid and united, using his experience and leadership skills to motivate and drive the players to individual excellence based on his own performances, leading by example, and, united as a team, the team he so loves and respects, and has led by example to the dizzying heights we now occupy on the ladder. Go Darius. You're a legend.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Mate, the only **** here is Boyd, the **** who first opened this door from the moment his de facto dad was shown another door. He stabs someone in the back repeatedly then complains he's the one who's bleeding. He has no honour, no decency nor any credibility and for him to pretend he's an ambassador for good mental health is both hyperbole and oxymoron. Better his book "Battling the Blues" be re-titled "Beyond the Pale."

As for your post, it redefines the meaning of small world. There's only enough room in it for you.
I must say I find it amusing you were having a go at @Huge for calling Seibold a fat **** and going off on some tangent about it being bullying yet you with no hesitation make Boyd daddy jokes. You realise Boyd had to be raised by his grandmother because his mother was too sick, and when he tried later on in life to find his real father, he never actually found him? That's a pretty sad story, I'd never make fun of someone because they couldn't find their dad and turned to mentors to try to fill a very real gap in their life.

You think that's an okay joke/insult to make, but calling fatty Seibold a fatty is a bridge too far to cross.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
are we reading the same thread ... literally, no one is making Seibs a victim
and literally no one has changed their opinion on Boyd
Well I certainly haven't changed my opinion of Boyd. He's a champion. Seeplod must be judged on his results alone, no excuses offered especially rubbish excuses such as Boyd undermining him because of his relationship with the former coach. Seeplod failed. Management failed from the start and should have honoured WBs contract and perhaps extended it the single season he asked for. We wouldn't be in 15th had they done so.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I must say I find it amusing you were having a go at @Huge for calling Seibold a fat **** and going off on some tangent about it being bullying yet you with no hesitation make Boyd daddy jokes. You realise Boyd had to be raised by his grandmother because his mother was too sick, and when he tried later on in life to find his real father, he never actually found him? That's a pretty sad story, I'd never make fun of someone because they couldn't find their dad and turned to mentors to try to fill a very real gap in their life.

You think that's an okay joke/insult to make, but calling fatty Seibold a fatty is a bridge too far to cross.

I am not making daddy jokes when it comes to Boyd and Bennett. Their relationship is effectively as I stated it. It is fact and has been reported widely in the media as exactly that.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Of course we still need him. We need him to get the playing group solid and united, using his experience and leadership skills to motivate and drive the players to individual excellence based on his own performances, leading by example, and, united as a team, the team he so loves and respects, and has led by example to the dizzying heights we now occupy on the ladder. Go Darius. You're a legend.
Well said mate, well said.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
The best part is we're going to get daily updates from Ch7/CM as to the state of his office. What a world we live in.
Download

Download 1

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I am not making daddy jokes when it comes to Boyd and Bennett. Their relationship is effectively as I stated it. It is fact and has been reported widely in the media as exactly that.
Righto, where has the relationship been effectively de-facto dad? Did he live with him? Did Bennett raise him? Bennett has been a father figure to plenty of players, why use the guy who could never find his dad and call his former boss his dad? It's an insult and you know it. Do you call Bennett daddy when referring to James Roberts? How about Cam Smith and Bellamy?

And as far as insults go, making a mockery of someone who could never find his dad by assigning a dad to him when it has never, ever been stated as such by the two people involved other than a respectful professional relationship is about as low as insults go.

But you better get on the moral high horse if someone calls a coach of high performance athletes a fatty.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Righto, where has the relationship been effectively de-facto dad? Did he live with him? Did Bennett raise him? Bennett has been a father figure to plenty of players, why use the guy who could never find his dad and call his former boss his dad? It's an insult and you know it. Do you call Bennett daddy when referring to James Roberts? How about Cam Smith and Bellamy?

And as far as insults go, making a mockery of someone who could never find his dad by assigning a dad to him when it has never, ever been stated as such by the two people involved other than a respectful professional relationship is about as low as insults go.

But you better get on the moral high course if someone calls a coach of high performance athletes a fatty.

Nobody but nobody was as close to Boyd as was Bennett and vice versa. And I have no problem with that except where it goes to a question of professionalism and allegiance in context, and that context is Boyd and the Broncos without Bennett

As for how close they were, and remain:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wayne-...-sacking/9de0f6f5-03a9-4109-8e1c-6ba56ef670cd

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nobody but nobody was as close to Boyd as was Bennett and vice versa. And I have no problem with that except where it goes to a question of professionalism and allegiance in context, and that context is Boyd and the Broncos without Bennett

As for how close they were, and remain:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wayne-...-sacking/9de0f6f5-03a9-4109-8e1c-6ba56ef670cd
Still don't see any dad references in there. I didn't know players and coaches can't get along well without becoming a step dad.
If he had a father, you wouldn't use the daddy line, simple as that. It's an insult and you're being hypocritical by not admitting it.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

But you better get on the moral high horse if someone calls a coach of high performance athletes a fatty.
Are you implying this is fake?

D5jnR76XsAE5x62

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.