RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Didn’t take long for Seibold to become the victim and Boyd to become the bad guy again, even if he agrees with the majority of people on here. Seibold allegedly came in with a list of players he wanted gone. You just don’t do that if you expect to keep morale high. There’s still literally no proof of Boyd white anting either. Remember those defensive lapses where he was avoiding contact also had 12 other players avoiding contact too. Agendas are running wild, brother.

are we reading the same thread ... literally, no one is making Seibs a victim
and literally no one has changed their opinion on Boyd

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Didn’t take long for Seibold to become the victim and Boyd to become the bad guy again, even if he agrees with the majority of people on here.

True
Same peeps still blaming the previous coach.
Fraud had the best up coming talent with few hard head reps but nah now they're saying they were 'spoilt brats and over the hill plodders'
FMD, the hypocrisy

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
are we reading the same thread ... literally, no one is making Seibs a victim
and literally no one has changed their opinion on Boyd
Plenty of people are blaming Boyd and saying Seibold was white anted and didn’t have a fair shot. You’re obviously avoiding that so you can spin it but that’s to be expected. Also have you seen social media recently? Seibold has definitely become the victim, especially for fans of other clubs who think the Broncos are evil. Wasn’t onlu talking talking about here, otherwise I would have quoted one of the few who have made excuses for him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
True
Same peeps still blaming the previous coach.
Fraud had the best up coming talent with few hard head reps but nah now they're saying they were 'spoilt brats and over the hill plodders'
FMD, the hypocrisy

nearly everyone has been calling for the likes of Boyd, Macca and Glenn to be cut loose years ago. those few hard head reps are over the hill.

and if those kids want to stop being called spoiled brats, they should stop acting like it and man up

Last edited:
S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Plenty of people are blaming Boyd and saying Seibold was white anted and didn’t have a fair shot. You’re obviously avoiding that so you can spin it but that’s to be expected. Also have you seen social media recently? Seibold has definitely become the victim, especially for fans of other clubs who think the Broncos are evil. Wasn’t onlu talking talking about here, otherwise I would have quoted one of the few who have made excuses for him.
I think most people on here think they’re both fucked. You can be anti-Seibold and Anti-Boyd at the same time

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think most people on here think they’re both fucked. You can be anti-Seibold and Anti-Boyd at the same time
That’s cool, but let’s not use baseless claims of white anting as fact. It implies Boyd still had the ability to be good, which I don’t think was true at that point. He was just bad, as were the other 12 players on field who allowed the opposition to run through them unopposed.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Doesn’t matter. Who on earth backs a new coach when officially, you still have your old coach not going anywhere? That’s white-anting.

Unfortunately his colours are being revealed as to what sort of human he is. All he had to do was shut up.
Publicly, not officially. Players could have been told way earlier. We don’t know shit. There was news about Seibold being offered money to leave before this, stories of him definitely being gone at the end of the year. The club could have told the players weeks ago, as they were suspiciously quiet about what was going on. I dare say they were more in the know than they put on.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Publicly, not officially. Players could have been told way earlier. We don’t know shit. There was news about Seibold being offered money to leave before this, stories of him definitely being gone at the end of the year. The club could have told the players weeks ago, as they were suspiciously quiet about what was going on. I dare say they were more in the know than they put on.
I agree Boyd would have been better to say nothing at all, but I do think it's likely the players had some idea a few days ago that Seibold wasn't going to be coming back, so at the time of the comments he might well have been aware a new Coach was imminent.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
From Twitter:

"Anthony Seibold was at Red Hill this morning. Did a gym session. As I understand it, his office remains intact, his belongings still in there. However, expecting some movement later today".

— Brent Read (@brentread_7) August 24, 2020

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
It's in fact the default position for nearly ever person on this forum.
Even myself, but that’s never spoken about. He should have been dropped last year and retired. I just cop it because I don’t enjoy circle jerks shitting on players in every thread and some on here are here for it. I’d rather look at why things happen a bit deeper than just say “It was Boyd’s fault” every few posts.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
From Twitter:

"Anthony Seibold was at Red Hill this morning. Did a gym session. As I understand it, his office remains intact, his belongings still in there. However, expecting some movement later today".

— Brent Read (@brentread_7) August 24, 2020
What time was this tweet?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Doesn’t matter. Who on earth backs a new coach when officially, you still have your old coach not going anywhere? That’s white-anting.

Unfortunately his colours are being revealed as to what sort of human he is. All he had to do was shut up.
Yeah the players clearly knew he wasn’t coMing back. Hell, it was even obvious to most that this ‘COVID lockdown’ was just a smoke screen. He was never coming back as soon as that was announced. The circus that eventuated from it was unfortunate however I have a feeling there was a basis of truth to part of it.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah the players clearly knew he wasn’t coMing back. Hell, it was even obvious to most that this ‘COVID lockdown’ was just a smoke screen. He was never coming back as soon as that was announced. The circus that eventuated from it was unfortunate however I have a feeling there was a basis of truth to part of it.
You think him being subjected to exactly the same rules as every other person in the game who undergoes testing is a 'smokescreen' ???

I know you believe the virus itself is made up, but surely even you can accept that the government testing infrastructure and the rules the sit around it are in fact a real thing and not just a figment of our collective imaginations.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Yep I am sure the club has used his 'family emergency' and covid test requirements as a smokescreen to dump him.
It would have happened at seasons end but this has proved to convenient to pass up.
I'd say what it means in the wider game is that coaches of struggling clubs or ones going through a rough patch will, no matter who is sick, who has up and left, who has disappeared, who has died think very seriously about taking any 'time out' to deal with any personal matters.
It can be a brutal game sometimes. Even if you don't live by the sword you sure as hell can still die by it.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You think him being subjected to exactly the same rules as every other person in the game who undergoes testing is a 'smokescreen' ???

I know you believe the virus itself is made up, but surely even you can accept that the government testing infrastructure and the rules the sit around it are in fact a real thing and not just a figment of our collective imaginations.
I don't believe the virus is made up, I just dont believe a vaccine is required.

And yes it was a smokescreen, evidenced by him no longer being our coach lol.

Active Now

• Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.