RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

so are you saying he should never been moved from fullback
Every man and his dog didn't want Boyd at fullback because he was fucking awful there. Just because when he has gone back there for a few games he has finally pulled his finger out and put in some effort doesn't change that.

Nothing is ever as black and white as you want it to appear. Seibold is a shit fucking coach and needs to go, that fact doesn't mean that Boyd has done the right thing or is justified in his bullshit.
He was made to look worse by the horrendous defensive structures that kept getting cut to ribbons - was he in good form? No. But no one was under Pies.

He was made to look worse by the horrendous defensive structures that kept getting cut to ribbons - was he in good form? No. But no one was under Pies.

So him actively avoiding contact was due to our defensive structures and Seibold?

Meyn reporting that Seibs will not re-enter the Broncos bubble.

He is saying that seibs won't dig his heels in and see out the remaining 5 games of the season

A severance package will likely be worked out in the next 24 hours

Gentle will be interim coach for the remainder of the season

I agree with the math but don't see why he would possibly accept the 1M or thereabouts supposedly on the table now when he can get 2.55M by digging in.
1.55M is a helluva lot of money to give up just so you can say you resigned (which everyone knows your jumping before being pushed) rather than be officially sacked.
Doesn't make sense unless I am missing something.
It's 2.55M if paid over 3 years. Probably a % cut if paid out in full now. Not 1.55mil less though lol

He is saying that seibs won't dig his heels in and see out the remaining 5 games of the season

ColorlessDistinctAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Boyd is still trash at fullback. He might throw a good last pass and give himself a clap but he's rarely in the frame when opposition teams stroll over for easy tries. Where is this leadership he was supposed to have brought? Where's the Origin level experience? The absolute casualness of that last play against the Dragons should tell us everything.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but it's still speculation. Here are some of the literal qualifiers Meyn used:

" is not expected to re-enter the Broncos’ COVID “bubble”
" is not expected to attend the club again until his future is finalised, which is likely to be Wednesday"
" is unlikely, but not impossible, a resolution will be reached on Tuesday"

Meanwhile Badel is more adamant with the same information:

Screenshot 2020 08 25 Pete Badel on Twitter

Last edited:
I know but I think they would be training 3 days before a game.

not necessarily ... rest can be just as important at this stage of the season. they'll have a full session tomorrow, plus the captains run on Thursday.

the rehab and fringe players trained

besides, it's probably better we don't train, we don't need another injury

Its easy just to mindlessly heap on Seibold, but there are a lot of unanswered questions for me.

If he is such a bad coach, why weren't there problems at Souths? Let's not forget they were very keen to keep him and players were miffed he was leaving.

What exactly did he do the players hated so much? All I can glean from Super captain Glenn was that they had to train harder..Well sure hope Kevvy lets them play lots of golf to keep them happy..

From the outside looking in, I think Seibold can coach well, but the cultural problems here were just too big for him and he lost his way and confidence. Sadly that still leaves us with a cultural mess for the next coach to fix up.

Its easy just to mindlessly heap on Seibold, but there are a lot of unanswered questions for me.

If he is such a bad coach, why weren't there problems at Souths? Let's not forget they were very keen to keep him and players were miffed he was leaving.

What exactly did he do the players hated so much? All I can glean from Super captain Glenn was that they had to train harder..Well sure hope Kevvy lets them play lots of golf to keep them happy..

From the outside looking in, I think Seibold can coach well, but the cultural problems here were just too big for him and he lost his way and confidence. Sadly that still leaves us with a cultural mess for the next coach to fix up.

he had a hardened premiership ready team at Souths
here he had a bunch of entitled brats; and a few bog average senior players well past their best

Last edited:

I agree. The guys tenure coincided with the most spineless, pea hearted and mentally weak collective bunch of players to have ever worn our jersey.
Add to that the countless old boy flogs who chipped away at him (a couple who think Clive Palmer is a good bloke FFS).
Board and roster management incompetence as well. Might get a quick fix in the old boys set up but the rest of it.....

he hard a hardened premiership ready team at Souths
here he had a bunch of entitled brats; and a few bog average senior players well past their best
So why would he come here in the first place?
It was all set up for him to fail.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Robboi_321
  • Jason Simmons
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • broncotville
  • DrGee
  • mieko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.